Tournament Prep - Lion Chariots and Griffon

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Houdini

Tournament Prep - Lion Chariots and Griffon

#1 Post by Houdini »

G’day Ulthuan,

I have a tournament coming up in a couple of weeks so I wanted to post a bit of progress on some new models. At the end of 8th edition I had just started to convert my mostly metal miniatures over to the newer plastic miniatures. Fortunately before most of the stuff had gone OOP I was able to get my hands on a few Lion Chariots, White Lions, and Sisters. My new list has 2 lions chariots, something of which I had not really used previously. So since I have to get them ready to go for this upcoming tournament I figured I would do a bit of progress reporting.

I picked up one fairly busted up Lion chariot online and since I want to use most of the Lions for Dragon Prince conversions I figure I would improvise a little….

Trying to figure out how this chariot will come together

I also decided to magnetise the standard Lion Chariot together which proved a lot harder then I first thought it would.

And currently where I am up to now with just the painting left to go.

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Tournament Prep - Lion Chariots and Griffon

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

That's looking both impressive and ambitious. I don't think I've ever seen someone magnetize the chariot / lions before.

I also like the "leaping out" pose. It's new and refreshing.

The griffon is just a bad-ass model and I'm looking forward to seeing it painted.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Houdini

Re: Tournament Prep - Lion Chariots and Griffon

#3 Post by Houdini »

Magnetising the Lion Chariot was definitely ambitious, it used up way more time then I thought it would #-o . However I hope I can then swap it out for horses as a Reaver Chariot, or I thought I can at least use the lions as unit fillers if I don’t have the chariot in my list.
I have only really based all 3 models so far, so I am going to have to push pretty hard in the next two weeks to at least get them game ready.

I did finish 5 of my plastic White Lions this week though. I’m going to use them as my Sword Masters in this list, since I’m going for a Lion themed army. I’m also going to be trying an Autumn themed basing as this will probably go better with the Lion Cloaks on my army.