About Time Elves

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Morgen

About Time Elves

#1 Post by Morgen »

I think I've found pretty much everything except the dragon. Found the box and the sprues but the dragon is MIA.

Took a while to really organize things. Need to pick out what the first 2k points are going to be and get working on finally getting to painting this stuff.

At the moment it's building/repairing silver helms, and deciding which dragon prince models to go with. I've got like 12 of an old metal and 12 of the newer plastic.

Really hope I used a thin white primer last time cause all this stuff is getting primed black. I am not going to mess around not painting things if suddenly warhammer is back.

I kind of want my dining room back sooner than later.
Pash

Re: About Time Elves

#2 Post by Pash »

Ha ha, that is quite a dragon hoard! Seems very exciting though, I wish you luck with it. Why priming black, out of curiosity? I find white an easier colour to work with, especially for a bright army like HE.
Some old has-been.

Twitter:@kingpash

Glory to the Asur!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

That's a very impressive collection indeed! Seeing it all assembled and ranked up would be a sight to behold.

Let us know what your 2k pts list is going to look like and keep us updated on your progress
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Morgen

#4 Post by Morgen »

Got the unit of spearmen cleaned, repaired, primed and dry brushed with dark grey/grey/white. Went a little heavy on a few but that'll be fine. Hoho!

I apparently never cleaned things the first time... >.>;

Thinking I should do a steel metallic for these and save the gold for highlights and more elite units. The militia can be less elaborate.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#5 Post by Prince of Spires »

That's a lovely army of ghosts ;)

Nice progress. I don't think the heavy drybrush will hinder you when painting. You should still get some nice contrast going.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Morgen

#6 Post by Morgen »

Here is the finished product. After like twenty years I finally have a fully painted and based squad of high elf spears. Now to pick the next unit. Archers or Silver Helms hmmm...
Morgen

#7 Post by Morgen »

It took way too long to get these archers based but here's the whole detachment together as a group! Finally...
HighElvesDetachment-Small.jpg
HighElvesDetachment-Small.jpg (573.9 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Anduil of Elithis

#8 Post by Anduil of Elithis »

Your elves look really good, I like the combination of red with some contrasting green elements. What will you be painting next?
Morgen

#9 Post by Morgen »

I'm thinking silver helms next to have more core ready. They're my most damaged old models though so I've been trying to get all the pieces sorted out.
TyrrenAzureblade

#10 Post by TyrrenAzureblade »

That is a hell of a collection there. Have you inventoried to see what exactly you have? I'd be curious to know.
Morgen

#11 Post by Morgen »

I haven't gone through my big box of loose sprues, but I've got like 3 isle of blood sets in there in various degrees of assembly that ended up in my possession years ago. 2 sky cutters, like 3-6 chariots kits, 2 plastic phoenix guard boxes, several boxes of metal phoenix guard, dragon princes old and new styles, lots of metal sword masters, a fair amount of sea guard from the isle of blood box, a decent amount of the metal character models from like 6th to 8th edition WHFB. Great eagles..

I should probably get real numbers and get this sorted out and off my kitchen table.
Anduil of Elithis

#12 Post by Anduil of Elithis »

Morgen wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:51 pm I'm thinking silver helms next to have more core ready. They're my most damaged old models though so I've been trying to get all the pieces sorted out.
Good luck with that! Some silver helms would certainly add more options for list building. I look forward to seeing those.