Targetting chatacters and monsters in WAP

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Ramesesis

Targetting chatacters and monsters in WAP

#1 Post by Ramesesis »

As far as I can see in the rules, characters on monsters are treated as cavalry when it comes to targetting them..

You use thr highest wound, toughness, armour etc
So if my prince on his griffon has a 4+ward save I get to roll it. Right?
Is this also true in regards to Sacred incense since it gives all shooting against the bearer -1 to hit?

If so a prince on a griffon could be reasonably protected even in a missile heavy enviorment such as with Tomb kings.
Have I understod it correctly?

A prince with Dragonblade lance, Armour of Destiny and Sacréd incense could nice in bigger games.if that isthe case
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Targetting chatacters and monsters in WAP

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

You're correct: BRB p88:

Code: Select all

CHARACTER MOUNT
Some characters can ride monsters. If a character has a
ridden monster, the whole model is treated as having
the troop type monster and thus follows all the rules for
both characters and monster models including the Split
Profile rules above. A character on a ridden monster
cannot join other units.
The split profile rules for cavalry which are being referred to mention that they are basically a single model, which use the highest stats (with a few exceptions), and "If the rider and the mount both have armour saves or
ward saves these may be combined as normal."

One line to pay attention to is: "Any equipment or magic items the model might otherwise have only apply to the rider, not the mount (unless specified)." Now, this does't refer to saves, but mainly to items that influence the individual stats, like attack strength.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.