My army is growing - Ramesesis future WAP army

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Ramesesis

My army is growing - Ramesesis future WAP army

#1 Post by Ramesesis »

Okay, this weekends second hand purchases really caused some ripples.

It started out with four 5th ed metal Silver helms which will make my regiment 11 strong.

However, I went back yesterday evening and found a RBT without crew (easy fix) so now I have two of them.
Then I found a mixed bag of 5th/6th ed swordmaster standard bearer, an old metal musician and three metal front rank spearelves.

It ended up with me drafting spears that have served as Eternal Guards with my wood elves and old plastic monoposers presently serving with my unused Sea guard.
Suddenly I had a second spear regiment, 25 strong in the making, bringing my total up to 54 spears!

There will be some swapping of shields but I am positive the end result will be sweet.

My 15 strong sword and shield warriors handed over their shields to the spears. They will be replaced with old shields with mixed motivfs, giving them a less regimented look.
The new backstory for the warriors is that they are a unit of elves that serve as mercenaries in Tilea now and then and that hail from allover Ulthuan.

So my army is really increasing in size. Having two RBT:s feels so much better. And with a large Silver helm regiments and two separate spear regiments makes them fell really Cothique.

I also took the time to kitbash three more minis to my Wardens of Mathlann (Phoenix Guard) that will bring them up to 18 strong.
And I will try to kitbash a small force of Shadow warriors too.

When all above is done I will easily be able to field 3000 points and still not be able to bring everything.
3500 should be no problem either adding Seaguard and a prince on Griffon.

Now what I really miss ia a good merwyrm model
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: My army is growing - Ramesesis future WAP army

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Ramesesis wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:21 pm Suddenly I had a second spear regiment, 25 strong in the making, bringing my total up to 54 spears!
That's a lot of spears.
Ramesesis wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:21 pm Having two RBT:s feels so much better.
Spot on Ramesesis. Funny, isn't it?
Ramesesis wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:21 pm I also took the time to kitbash three more minis to my Wardens of Mathlann (Phoenix Guard) that will bring them up to 18 strong.
Nice one, useful boost there.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: My army is growing - Ramesesis future WAP army

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

Ramesesis wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:21 pmHaving two RBT:s feels so much better.
2 is nice, but 4 is even better ;)

Just kidding, that's starting to sound like a very impressive army. I always feel that once you get above a certain size, the rest of the army just becomes a bonus. The issue with starting with WH is that you need lots of core models to field a decent sized army. Once you've got that out of the way, and can field enough spears to fill a 2-3000 pts army, then you can just add whatever you feel like. And once you've got a 2.500 pts army ready to go, then you can enjoy life and slowly keep growing it.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.