2k - For people that dont want to have fun.

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

WarpPhoenix

2k - For people that dont want to have fun.

#1 Post by WarpPhoenix »

Prince: Bow of the Seafearer, Armour of Caledor, Great Weapon, Talismen of Loec
Noble: Reaver Bow, D-Armour, Enchanted Shield, Great Weapon
Mage: Level 2, Double Scrolls, Silver Wand
Mage: Level 2, Seerstaff, Scroll

Archers x 10
Archers x 10
Archers x 10

Shadow Warriors x 7
Shadow Warriors x 7
Reavers x 6: Musician +Bows
Reavers x 6: Musician +Bows

Bolt Thrower x 4

So yeah, this list isnt designed to be fun to play with or against. Not deisgned to be any good, but to just be boring.

Might as well go play Yahtzee.
Hey, does this cloth smell like chloroform?
Lord Anathir

Re: 2k - For people that dont want to have fun.

#2 Post by Lord Anathir »

I'd go im 2x10 archers and drop the shadow warriors and run the reavers naked as true marchblock/redirection units and buy maybe a pair of lion chariots and some msu elite infantry. I'm not convinced with the lord choice. dragon +2 lvl2s might still be a better choice. Seafarer is nice, but 4 rbt is already enough and if you come up against something that doesnt really care about rbt (ie skaven/orcs) you're going to want some flexibility. Dragon will give you the option to take out big stuff that have ranged protection and would otherwise soak up lots of shooting (ie stegadon).

the bowline you have might work, but its very 1 dimensional. It might crush certain lists and do poorly against others rather then good overall performances against a variety of army builds.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
geoguswrek

#3 Post by geoguswrek »

You have 2 units of reavers? thats a movement phase, if you lost them for more shadow warriors/archers the list would be even more boring.. oh and if you really want to be boring take teclis as well.
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127
WarpPhoenix

#4 Post by WarpPhoenix »

That gives too much chance of irresistable forces and thats way too much fun for this list. I will probably drop the reavers for more archers or shadow warriors.
geoguswrek

#5 Post by geoguswrek »

you could shave a few points by dropping all the combat equipment from your characters (i mean you may as well go whole hog on this thing) and then lose the reavers and you can probably get close to 3 units of archers.
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127
Bolt Thrower

#6 Post by Bolt Thrower »

Drop seafarer and reaver bows for mundane longbows. That's much more boring.
Battle Standard Bearer. Don't leave home without it.
Bolt Thrower's High Elves
WarpPhoenix

#7 Post by WarpPhoenix »

now that sounds more fluffy than boring. I also dont want my opponent to have fun, thus his fun things must die very quickly. And i believe a prince, with the crew of the one of the bolt throwers of course, will be even less fun than regular long bows!

I dont know I think the reavers will be usful in depriving my enemy of fun, when he finally makes it over from all the march blocking from shadow warriors he/she will find reavers everywhere to stop charges from happening!