..one last glorious caledorian charge

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Greenman

..one last glorious caledorian charge

#1 Post by Greenman »

with 8th ed comin out i thought i'd take the opportunity to muster a fun list,tailored for a game against my friend who always beats me with his wood elves.we play on 4' square tables with usually far too many trees than is fair.furthermore,he often does well in competitions.

lord-star dragon-Armour of Caledor-Vambraces-halberd
dragon mage-silver wand-Ring of Fury
10 sea guard
10 sea guard
20 white lions-fc-amulet of fire-standard of balance
15 PG fc-warbanner-amulet of light

no RBT cos they turn out to be useless on our terrain and he's just started using the thing that allows a unit to jump from one wood to another
the plan is...
nom,nom...a little bit o'toast,make some rustic furniture
NoOoDLe

Re: ..one last glorious caledorian charge

#2 Post by NoOoDLe »

You're saying Caledorian charge? Where are the Dragon Princes?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
Greenman

#3 Post by Greenman »

two dragons represent and the terrain will inhibit a traditional deployment of heavy horse.if 8th ed.rumours are true we couldn't field two dragons at 2000 pts.i never have and would like to give it a go
Bolt Thrower

#4 Post by Bolt Thrower »

Greenman wrote:two dragons represent and the terrain will inhibit a traditional deployment of heavy horse.if 8th ed.rumours are true we couldn't field two dragons at 2000 pts.i never have and would like to give it a go
If it's 25% Max Lord and 25% Max Hero, which I believe is the current rumor, you might be able to squeeze in two sun dragons. Under 500 each.
Battle Standard Bearer. Don't leave home without it.
Bolt Thrower's High Elves
Sturen

#5 Post by Sturen »

Banner of Ellyrion? on some DPs?
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
Greenman

#6 Post by Greenman »

thanks for the replies.
on our normal 4'by4' tables there's usually 3 or 4 moving woods making clear lines of sight to shoot problematic and it hinders cavalry.banner of ellyrion would be the natural choice except he treesings(is that right?)causing a horrendous amount of d6-a time damage.i lost a 400 point unit of lions in one phase through it.i'll admit in that case though,i hadn't prepared for such an aggressive magic capability.
so why "one last glorious caledorian charge"?
we have an opportunity in the next month or so to wring as much enjoyment out of 7th ed. rules including using star dragons and hero-worship in 2000pt lists before we've to put more boots on the ground.i've never tried a two-dragon list and won't be able to,come july.the odd thing is,i usually put out lists with minimal/medium magic and no dragons,preferring a block of lions,two spear screens or archers and sea guard,supported by RBT's and heavy horse/chariot pair;in theory,more suitable for rumoured 8th ed.anyhoo,i play tonight so i'll post results.
Greenman

#7 Post by Greenman »

didn't get a chance to play vs woodies.instead fielded against infantry skaven with predictably mean results(he's a good bloke-i owe him a fair game).one good thing came out of it though.i had deployed the flyers on the flanks and chose to go second,having very little missile options:his centre advanced and i was able to cause panic on two units with three seaguard arrows in the third phase.they fled into my flyers and were destroyed.
a question to any of you more experienced players.is this how you use eagles?fly them between enemy blocks and try to cause them to flee?
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#8 Post by Prince of Spires »

Greenman wrote:we have an opportunity in the next month or so to wring as much enjoyment out of 7th ed. rules including using star dragons and hero-worship in 2000pt lists before we've to put more boots on the ground.i've never tried a two-dragon list and won't be able to,come july.the odd thing is,i usually put out lists with minimal/medium magic and no dragons,preferring a block of lions,two spear screens or archers and sea guard,supported by RBT's and heavy horse/chariot pair;in theory,more suitable for rumoured 8th ed.anyhoo,i play tonight so i'll post results.
Actually, I think we are still able to field a double dragon list at 2000pts. Only, it will be a double Sun Dragon list. They come in at below 500 pts, which is 25% of 2000.

If you want to go for Star Dragon and a Dragon mage you have to up the points total to 2500 (if the current rumours of both 25% lords and 25% heros) is correct. A stardragon comes in at around 620 pts, which is (incidently) 5pts under 25% of 2500.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.