New here, but a few complaints already.

Important game and board announcements and website or forum related topics

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

jvanase

New here, but a few complaints already.

#1 Post by jvanase »

Hey all,
I'm not new to Warhammer, but relatively new to High Elves. Anyway, love the army and very excited to finally have a good size force painted.

BUT, what is with the CAPTCHA to register on the forums? I'm not colorblind, and it took me 6 tries to get it right. Worst one I've used TO DATE. EVER.

Also, I'm not happy that my password is stored in plain text. Also, not happy that it was emailed to me in plain text on top of that! Please please please please, fix that.

Cheers,
Jon
Cheers,
Jon
http://unpluggedgamers.com
http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42463
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

Re: New here, but a few complaints already.

#2 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Hello!

I've made a note of your feedback, regardless its been my intention to overhaul a lot of the security and registration which will hopefully address your feedback anyway. :)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

Moved to website topics

Thank you for the feedback.

The thing to keep in mind with the CAPTCHA is that even with a CAPTCHA this harsh in place, we are still getting upwards of 10 spambots per day posting on the forum (which is why your first post needs to be aproved as well).

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
jvanase

#4 Post by jvanase »

Ya, i realized after posting this should.have gone in the web section.

Those spambots must be really good! Fair enough though. Ive seen other sites use things like random basic math. I wonder if that works better?

And thanks for taking the security into consideration.

Cheers,
Jon
Cheers,
Jon
http://unpluggedgamers.com
http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42463
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#5 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

jvanase wrote:Ya, i realized after posting this should.have gone in the web section.

Those spambots must be really good! Fair enough though. Ive seen other sites use things like random basic math. I wonder if that works better?

And thanks for taking the security into consideration.

Cheers,
Jon
Like I said, I'm looking into alternatives for a better system.
Aryel

#6 Post by Aryel »

Bob, you lazy bastard. Stop fooling around and start working, chop-chop
I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say "snuggle 'em all!"
Tahl

#7 Post by Tahl »

Aryel wrote:Bob, you lazy bastard. Stop fooling around and start working, chop-chop
Made me laugh.
Winner of the 'Best member' award Incumbent
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/wraith-lord/misc/Animebanner.gif?t=1285150718[/img]
John Rainbow

#8 Post by John Rainbow »

Hey John. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you're the same guy I played at Crossroads with my Star Dragon list. Other than your current rage at the forum, I hope everything else is cool :D . What are you running these days?

P.S. This might jog your memory!
Ricold
Wise Old Dwarf

#9 Post by Ricold »

jvanase wrote:Also, I'm not happy that my password is stored in plain text. Also, not happy that it was emailed to me in plain text on top of that! Please please please please, fix that.
It's not stored in plain text. You entered it in plain text, it was sent to the server in plain text (because a free, non-ad supported hobby website can totally afford encrypted connections), the server emailed it to you, encrypted it, and then saved it in the database.

Besides you typing it in in plain text every time you log in, the server does not save, nor store your password in plain text. In fact, if you were to never log in again, there would be no simple way* to find out the plain text version of your password.

*Barring some fairly intense de-crypting software that is just not worth running on a free hobby website.
Ricold, Not site owner any more, largely absent. PM me if you want me. PM Prince of Spires if you need the head Loremaster.