1500 for tournament

Place to discuss army list
WhiteSword

1500 for tournament

#1 Post by WhiteSword »

++ Characters [641 pts] ++
Archmage [295 pts]
(Hand weapon, Level 4 Wizard, General, On foot, Silvery Wand, Armour of Caledor, Dragon Slaying Sword, Warden of Saphery, Illusion)

Noble [346 pts]
(Lance, Light armour, Shield, Battle Standard Bearer, Sun Dragon, Seed of Rebirth, Dragon Helm, Opal Amulet, Blood of Caledor)

++ Core Units [386 pts] ++
5 Ellyrian Reavers [100 pts]
(Hand weapons, Cavalry spears, Hand weapons (Hooves), Light armour, Replace cavalry spears with shortbows, Scouts, Skirmishes)

5 Elven Archers [50 pts]
(Hand weapons, Longbows, No armour)

5 Elven Archers [50 pts]
(Hand weapons, Longbows, No armour)

7 Silver Helms [186 pts]
(Hand weapons, Lances, Hand weapons (Hooves), Heavy armour, Barding, Shields, High Helm (champion), Standard bearer, Musician)

++ Special Units [285 pts] ++
14 Phoenix Guard [285 pts]
(Ceremonial Halberds, Full plate armour, Keeper of the Flame, Standard bearer [Razor Standard], Musician)

++ Rare Units [187 pts] ++
6 Sisters of Avelorn [127 pts]
(Bows of Avelorn, Light armour, High Sister [Ruby Ring of Ruin])

Great Eagle [60 pts]

---
Created with "Old World Builder"

[https://old-world-builder.com]

Good?
Schwenson

Re: 1500 for tournament

#2 Post by Schwenson »

Assuming the mage joins the Phoenix Guard unit, keep in mind he won't be able to dispel when he's in combat. If the mage is not joining the Phoenix Guard it would probably be better to cut the honor and armour and put him on a horse.

Anchor unit with 14 PG is a bit vulnearable to magic and other stuff that can quickly decimate them. Might also be the Noble needs to be the general as he has higher Ld than the Archmage.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: 1500 for tournament

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

If you're bringing this list to a tournament, be sure to check with the tournament organizers if the Warden of Saphery honour allows you to take the armour of Caledor on your archmage. It's something you want to have clear before you start.

Other points: there is no reason to put the archers in separate units. They're stronger as a unit of 10 than 2 units of 5. 2 units of 5 can be taken out by light chaff. A unit of 10 might give some things pause.

I personally would drop the eagle, in favor of more sisters. 6 of them don't really add much. 10 are better.

I also don't think you have any tools that can deal with a flying monster. If you don't expect to face many of them then you're good to go. However, it seems like you're counting on the archmage to spectral doppelganger whatever big monster you run into. Thing is of course, that the monster will simply avoid the archmage and kill everything else. A monster is more maneuvrable than the archmage, so player skill being equal means you'll never catch him unless he wants to be caught. And even if you're playing with closed lists, then your opponent should know what's going on once he sees the archmage with doppelganger in your main combat unit.

I think the PG are fine. With the archmage in them, you should be able to dispell plenty of stuff thrown at them. And at 1500pts, there wont be all that many ranged attacks flying around I think. If it does worry you, then you could always give an obsidian lodestone to the PG champion for that extra -1 modifier.
Schwenson wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:19 pm Might also be the Noble needs to be the general as he has higher Ld than the Archmage.
Nope. The noble is a BSB, who can never be general.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.