Double Trouble - Double Flier Aggro List

Place to discuss army list
Pash

Double Trouble - Double Flier Aggro List

#1 Post by Pash »

Ok, i've been tinkering with lists without a BSB, to try and see if I can make a list with an aggresive lean, that gives my Star Dragon Prince some company in the field. Here is what i've come up with:

++ Characters [975 pts] ++
Prince [535 pts]
(Hand weapon, Light armour, General, Star Dragon, Ogre Blade, Dragon Helm, Charmed Shield, Seed of Rebirth, Blood of Caledor)
The most survivable Star Dragon build i've seen, while bringing a serious punch with the Ogre Blade. A bit risky vs Monster Slayer sources but otherwise a very decent bit of output.

Archmage [440 pts]
(Hand weapon, Level 4 Wizard, Frostheart Phoenix, Seed of Rebirth, Silvery Wand, Anointed of Asuryan, Elementalism)
A tough nut to crack, this chap should be able to fly around and remain mostly unhurt. Pairing with the Prince to go in and obliterate challenging champions. Elementalism seems like a good pairing for this, as it has a wide range of useable spells and few duff ones.

++ Core Units [501 pts] ++
8 Silver Helms [235 pts]
(Hand weapons, Lances, Hand weapons (Hooves), Heavy armour, Barding, Shields, High Helm (champion), Standard bearer [War Banner], Musician)
Good, decent bit of portable combat res. Not phenomenal but it's Core, so what do you expect.

5 Ellyrian Reavers [80 pts]
(Hand weapons, Cavalry spears, Hand weapons (Hooves), Light armour)

7 Silver Helms [186 pts]
(Hand weapons, Lances, Hand weapons (Hooves), Heavy armour, Barding, Shields, High Helm (champion), Standard bearer, Musician)

++ Special Units [412 pts] ++
5 Dragon Princes [206 pts]
(Lance, Full plate armour, Barding, Shield, Drakemaster, Standard bearer, Musician)

5 Dragon Princes [206 pts]
(Lance, Full plate armour, Barding, Shield, Drakemaster, Standard bearer, Musician)
I've been enjoying playing around with Dragon Princes and feel like most armies can take on one of these units but having a second really creates some issues that need addressing.

++ Rare Units [112 pts] ++
5 Sisters of Avelorn [112 pts]
(Bows of Avelorn, Light armour, High Sister [Ruby Ring of Ruin])
I hate to leave the house without the Ruby Ring. This is the cheapest way to have it without investing more points in Characters. I would have liked more bodies but points are tight (aren't they always?)

Thoughts welcome!
Some old has-been.

Twitter:@kingpash

Glory to the Asur!