Elf Civilains

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Elf Civilains

#1 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

In 3rd edition you can have a baggage train as part of the army. I'm thinking about making mine look more like a baggage train. With that in mind, do any of you know of any good civilain elf minis? Reaper has a blacksmith that I'll pick up. And Turnkey has some ok looking ones that fit the style of the early elf minis ok. I'd love a few more options though if anyone has ideas.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Elf Civilains

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

I guess you might be able to press artillery crew or mages into service Shannar?

Might take a little converting.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

Carrying baggage isn't really an elf-like occupation though. Just make humans do all the hard work... ;)
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Karak Norn Clansman

#4 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Very good idea! This is something I've thought long about doing and might eventually tackle as sculpts for casting in a distant future. No further Elf civilian models to add, sadly (there aren't many around, I've checked), but you might want to add a reference to Elves and wine barrels, seeing how Thranduil's Elves drank themselves to sleep and also sported Elves "log driving" wine barrels. Elf ballista crew should be a good base, and maybe even Elf archers if you can stand the blocky 6th ed plastic miniatures.

You might be able to find something useful among vintage models, albeit at inflated prices, if these Elven camp followers are anything to judge by.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#5 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Most of those are still available, and only a couple bucks each. They aren't 100% my style, but not awful either.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#6 Post by Prince of Spires »

Karak Norn Clansman wrote: You might be able to find something useful among vintage models, albeit at inflated prices, if these Elven camp followers are anything to judge by.
They are very lovely models. Exactly the sort of impractical elves you would expect an elf army to bring along on a campaign... ;)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#7 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote:They are very lovely models.
I agree Rod, bags of character!

:)