Cavalry Prince Reloaded

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Cavalry Prince Reloaded

#61 Post by SpellArcher »

Thanks guys.
RE.Lee wrote:Its a girl!
Yep, Maiden Guard converted to carry the Avenger magazine.

:)
Prince of Spires wrote:But also the DE specific weapons. Too many angles for my taste.
I agree with this. I'm not a fan of the curved blades, which is a shame because these were apparently one if the major points of the range. I like the elves themselves though.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#62 Post by SpellArcher »

So the field is:

4 x Vampire Counts
2 x Dark Elves
High Elves
Wood Elves
Skaven
Empire
Dwarfs
Warriors of Chaos

Funnily enough I've drawn vamps first game, which is at 1000pts + 500. My submitted list:

Archmage, High Magic, 5+ Ward, Dispel Scroll

10 Archers, Musician
5 Silver Helms, Shields, Full Command

18 Swordmasters, FC, World Dragon

2 RBT
Eagle

14 Glade Guard, Musician, Eternal Flame
Frost Phoenix

Thoughts?
RE.Lee

#63 Post by RE.Lee »

SpellArcher wrote: Funnily enough I've drawn vamps first game, which is at 1000pts + 500.
The odds suggest that was the most likely opponent :wink:

Don't know what the VC are bringing, but no shooting makes the Swordmasters happy. They should be of great use against undead hordes. Pity the Wight attacks are no longer magical.

Against and Black Knight buses the eagles should help, until you bolt them to death :twisted:

The archmage should do well do protect you against being overwhelmed by magic, too. Important to keep them down when they go down :D
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#64 Post by Prince of Spires »

Yeah, the list should do allright vs vampire counts. No shooting is good news for both the SM and the frost phoenix. Magic should be interesting. I don't think there is more room points wise to bring more then you're bringing. And you have lots of chaff in your list which should help the serious stuff to fight what they want.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#65 Post by SpellArcher »

Thanks guys. I forgot I've got a scroll too, now added.
RE.Lee wrote:The odds suggest that was the most likely opponent
Every round one game involves either VC's or Dark Elves.
RE.Lee wrote:Don't know what the VC are bringing, but no shooting makes the Swordmasters happy. They should be of great use against undead hordes. Pity the Wight attacks are no longer magical.
Exactly RE. I don't have to worry about boosting Shield of Saphery early doors and can pursue Convocation if I get it. If my opponent brings Ghouls this could be a real help to get off because the RIP could eat his next magic phase. The Wight Killing Blow thing is an issue because my Archmage will join the Swordmasters. On the plus side he can't really afford a Vamp Lord so I can consider taking a Black Knight bus on.
RE.Lee wrote:Against and Black Knight buses the eagles should help, until you bolt them to death
I could only squeeze one Eagle in but I can redirect with the Archers if I have to. Which Monster he brings could make a big difference. I'm OK vs double Terrorgheist because shooting. A Dragon or something from Monstrous Arcanum is a worry but I have 2 RBT to weaken it (no 5+ rider!) and the Frostheart can actually take these on because of Blizzard Aura.
Prince of Spires wrote:I don't think there is more room points wise to bring more then you're bringing.
Yes Rod. I have World Dragon, Frostheart, solid shooting and secure magic all at 1500pts, which is pretty good. I'm a bit worried without BSB, considering Fear/Terror but that's the trade-off I've chosen. Ld 9 is decent but not rock solid.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#66 Post by Prince of Spires »

one eagle is already pretty decent at 1000pts. And most of the other units can be used as a speedbumb is it comes to that. Only the SM and frost phoenix are really key to the list. The rest are more support units. Although at 1000pts you have to be careful with what you sacrifice. A 100pts archer unit is already 10% of the list.

I doubt you'll be the only one without a BSB. And Elf players in general can deal with it better then some other races. LD 8 / 9 is not foolproof. But a lot better then 7. Of course, going by the field you posted, only skaven desperately need a BSB, and theirs is cheap enough for them to take it. Empire might be the odd one out here.

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#67 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote:one eagle is already pretty decent at 1000pts. And most of the other units can be used as a speedbumb is it comes to that. Only the SM and frost phoenix are really key to the list. The rest are more support units. Although at 1000pts you have to be careful with what you sacrifice. A 100pts archer unit is already 10% of the list.
Solid points Rod. With the Allies and Monster the game is effectively at 1500 but you're still right.
Prince of Spires wrote:I doubt you'll be the only one without a BSB. And Elf players in general can deal with it better then some other races. LD 8 / 9 is not foolproof. But a lot better then 7. Of course, going by the field you posted, only skaven desperately need a BSB, and theirs is cheap enough for them to take it. Empire might be the odd one out here.
Again I agree. In a way it's more an issue because I happened to draw VC's with their Fear/Terror. Though at least they lack shooting to cause Panic tests (where I would also miss the BSB).
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#68 Post by SpellArcher »

Northampton

So yesterday I fronted up at Champions of Destiny 2, a three-game event in the Midlands. No End Times, 25% Lords, 25% Heroes. The tournament was Uncomped, all games Battle Line. As mentioned earlier, Allied Core of up to 200 pts and a Monster of up to 300 were added to your base army for each game. That base army was 1000pts first game, 1500 second, 2000 third. The event was at Warzone and was capably run by Mark Peat, who has just launched his own forum for British 8th edition tournaments here:

http://eewl.freeforums.net

I managed to rock up slightly late as usual but no biggie because the start had had to be delayed. As it happened, two players had to drop due to illness so there were ten of us:

3 x Vampire Counts
2 x Dark Elves
High Elves
Wood Elves
Empire
Dwarfs
Warriors of Chaos

As discussed above, I had drawn Vamps for game one. To be continued...
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#69 Post by Prince of Spires »

SpellArcher wrote:
Prince of Spires wrote:one eagle is already pretty decent at 1000pts. And most of the other units can be used as a speedbumb is it comes to that. Only the SM and frost phoenix are really key to the list. The rest are more support units. Although at 1000pts you have to be careful with what you sacrifice. A 100pts archer unit is already 10% of the list.
Solid points Rod. With the Allies and Monster the game is effectively at 1500 but you're still right.
:) The original setup of the game makes it a bit hard to refer to how many points you're playing... It's both 1000 and 1500 pts at the same time. The 1000 pts is very noticeable in the creation of the list, for instance when running into character % limits. The 1500 pts is more how many boots you have on the table and probably factors in victory points calculations.

Anyway, looking forward to the reports. The venue at least looks lovely.

Rod

Check out my plog

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#70 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote:Anyway, looking forward to the reports. The venue at least looks lovely.
Thank you Rod. It was a little cramped but hey, only ten players.

Make Way
Game One - Vampire Counts

High Elves

Archmage, High Magic, 5+ Ward, Dispel Scroll

10 Archers, Musician
5 Silver Helms, Shields, Full Command

18 Swordmasters, FC, World Dragon

2 RBT
Eagle

Frost Phoenix

Drain Magic, Hand of Glory, Convocation

Vampire Counts

Master Necromancer, Lvl 4, Dispel Scroll?
Wraith

25 Ghouls

19 Grave Guard
4 Vargheists

Skeletons (can't recall how many)
5 Dire Wolves, Doom Wolf
Terrorgheist

Invocation, Vanhels, Gaze of Nagash, Raise Dead
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#71 Post by SpellArcher »

Unfortunately I don't have pictures for this game (unlike the other two).

Deployment

I put Silver Helms on my left, then the Phoenix. In the middle but further back were the Eagle and Swordmasters (with Archmage). Archers and then Glade Guard to the right. RBT kind of centre-left on the baseline with a 7" gap between.

My opponent put Wolves opposite my cavalry, my left and then Ghouls (with Wraith). In the centre he had Skeletons (plus Necromancer) and Grave Guard opposite the SM's. Then quite a gap to the Vargheists opposite my GG. Terrorgheist was behind his centre.

Turn One

Despite my opponent's +1, I won the roll-off. The Helms galloped forwards towards the Wolves, while the Frostheart advanced at half-pace to inhibit the enemy infantry. Magic achieved little, while shooting put a wound on the Terrorgheist (the T6 was troublesome) and one on the Vargheists.

The Terrorgheist flew past the Phoenix's charge arc to menace the Helms, whilst the VC Infantry marched forwards aggressively. The Vargheists threatened the Glade Guard. Vanhels Danse Macabre went off on the Ghouls and a good scream wiped out my cavalry.

Turn Two

Rather than charge the Ghouls to his front, the Frostheart flew over and into the Skeletons. Hand of Glory boosted the Archers, who combined with the Glade Guard to remove a Vargheist. The RBT took another wound from the Terrorgheist. The Phoenix rolled well and put three wounds on the Necromancer, killing him outright, as well as Thunderstomping the Skeletons. Crumble tests were devastating, the Terrorgheist was destroyed outright and chunks fell off the other units. My opponent called it at that point.

19-1
RE.Lee

#72 Post by RE.Lee »

SpellArcher wrote:Unfortunately I don't have pictures for this game
Shame!

A rather straightforward win, as was expected. It was a good match-up and you took full advantage. Winning in 2 turns is quite a feat, regardless! =D>
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#73 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:Shame!
Yeah, I was slightly late and very focused on getting the game going. By the time photography occurred to me said game was pretty much over.
RE.Lee wrote:It was a good match-up
I agree. Three infantry blocks is just too many at this points total. The flyers were dangerous but I had the shooting to counter them.
RE.Lee wrote:A rather straightforward win,
The main reason is that my opponent believed he could Make Way with his Necromancer from the front to the back of the unit when charged by my Phoenix. Otherwise he's not a bad player, being the guy that beat me in the third round at Worcester.
RE.Lee wrote:Winning in 2 turns is quite a feat, regardless!
Thanks! How's your hobby going RE?
RE.Lee

#74 Post by RE.Lee »

Making way is a tricky rule for a lot of players.

Painting is going great - I've updated my blog :wink: Run out of Earthshade, though...
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#75 Post by SpellArcher »

RE.Lee wrote:Making way is a tricky rule for a lot of players.
Yeah, I guess the key thing is that a character not in contact, moves into contact.
RE.Lee wrote:Painting is going great - I've updated my blog Run out of Earthshade, though...
Seriously, painting Beastmen is an exercise in Brownness.

Insane Courage
Game Two - Empire

So Table 1, my opponent had won big versus Dark Elves. The lists:

High Elves

Archmage, Lvl 4 High, 4+ Ward, Dispel Scroll, Ironcurse Icon
Noble, Barded Steed, DA, Ogre Blade, Enchanted Shield, Luckstone
BSB, Barded Steed, DA, Lance, Shield, World Dragon

12 Archers, FC, LA
8 Silver Helms, FC, Shields

17 Swordmasters. FC, Lichebone Pennant

2 RBT
2 Eagles

14 Glade Guard, Musician, Banner of Eternal Flame
Frost Phoenix

Empire

General, Barded Steed, Full Plate, Shield, +2 Attack Sword, 4+ Ward.
BSB, Barded Steed, Full Plate, Ogre Blade, Shield
Wizard Lvl 2 Fire, Dispel Scroll

14 Inner Circle, FC, Standard of Discipline
17 Crossbows

3 Demigryphs
2 x Cannon

18 High Elf Archers, Champion, Musician
Frost Dragon (Std 300pt Dragon except for Breath Weapon)

Thoughts on the match-up?
RE.Lee

#76 Post by RE.Lee »

Not that good, I think. Lots of armor that you could struggle against. Those RBTs will come in handy, but you might miss the Razor Banner on the PGs. I don't think the SMs can take on the bus, they'll be decimated. Maybe they should go for the Demis and support later on.

On with the report!
cheers, Lee

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#77 Post by Prince of Spires »

The cannons are bad news for your list. They will hurt. And the armour is tough as well. But you have some opportunities. You have magical dominance and fire is not the best of lores. Also, some high magic ward saves should help survive the worst of the charges.

Also, surprise choice of allied unit for the empire list. HE archers? Would not have been my choice...

Rod

Check out my plog

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#78 Post by SpellArcher »

Thanks guys.
RE.Lee wrote:Lots of armor that you could struggle against.
While this is an issue, it's not so bad IMHO. I have the RBT and the General and Frostheart can grind away with reliable S6 hits.
RE.Lee wrote: I don't think the SMs can take on the bus, they'll be decimated. Maybe they should go for the Demis and support later on.
This I agree with (you'll see how it pans out later RE). The main issue is his characters because the Swordmasters lack World Dragon to neutralise the magic weapons. On the flipside, my bus has it.
Prince of Spires wrote:The cannons are bad news for your list.
Agreed. If they can take the Frostheart down Turn 1, I'm in trouble. If not though, I'll be looking to charge with him Turn 2 and his presence stops the cannon shooting my bus up early.
Prince of Spires wrote:You have magical dominance and fire is not the best of lores.
Yes, I have to turn the screw here Rod. I actually think Fire is a good choice here. Fireball is dangerous to elves and my opponent can just chuck all his dice at it. A bit one-dimensional of course.
Prince of Spires wrote:Also, surprise choice of allied unit for the empire list. HE archers? Would not have been my choice...
I think these are OK here, HE Archers are decent against elves (my WE's found them bloody annoying). That said, if he'd had the models my opponent would probably have been better served in general by Glade Guard with their Enchanted Arrows, to give Flaming or Poison or somesuch.

So I feel this is a par match-up. Maybe a -1 but I suspect not.

Edit: It's worth noting that I sport two redirectors to my opponent's zero.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#79 Post by SpellArcher »

Pre-game and Deployment

Archmage: Soul Quench, Apotheosis, Hand of Glory, Fiery Convocation
Wizard: Fireball, Cascading Firecloak

Here we see the Empire centre (nothing was deployed opposite my right). The Archers (models are LSG) on my right, Inner Circle (plus characters) in the centre. Then Demigryphs followed by a cannon.

Opposite my left we see the same cannon, right of shot. Then the Crossbows (with Wizard) behind a single storey building. A second cannon behind a wall and the Dragon.

On my left we have two RBT on the baseline, with an Eagle further forward. Archers next to a two-storey building with part of my Phoenix visible to the right of said building.

So the High Elf centre, with Frostheart on the left, then Swordmasters (with Archmage). Glade Guard behind a wall but in front of my second Eagle. Silver Helms plus characters just visible on the right.

Thoughts?
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#80 Post by Prince of Spires »

SpellArcher wrote:Thoughts?
In random order:

Are there 2 dead demi-griffons modelled in the first picture???

You have a long trek towards those cannons. That can end up painful. On the plus side, there are a couple of buildings you could hide the biggest cannon targets behind.

The dragon is a bit on a far flank. It will take a bit of movement to get him really involved in the game.

Your deployment otherwise looks good. You've got your power units grouped together and can go round your opponents flank. Your opponent on the other hand has a bit of work with his deployment.

Should be an interesting game.

Rod

Check out my plog

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#81 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote:Are there 2 dead demi-griffons modelled in the first picture???
Seem a bit unwell, don't they?

Prince of Spires wrote:You have a long trek towards those cannons. That can end up painful. On the plus side, there are a couple of buildings you could hide the biggest cannon targets behind.
If he takes the Phoenix down quickly I'm in trouble. If he doesn't, he is.
Prince of Spires wrote:The dragon is a bit on a far flank. It will take a bit of movement to get him really involved in the game.
Agreed.
Prince of Spires wrote:Your deployment otherwise looks good. You've got your power units grouped together and can go round your opponents flank. Your opponent on the other hand has a bit of work with his deployment.
Thanks Rod. I had more drops of course.

Turn One

This game, the +1 won my opponent the roll-off. The Dragon flew forwards to shelter behind terrain while the Crossbows (and Wizard) entered the building. In the centre, Demigryphs, Inner Circle and Archers all advanced. Fireball put a wound on an RBT. The Archers killed a pair of Swordmasters and a cannonball put two wounds on the Phoenix.

Silver Helms, Frostheart and Swordmasters all charged his bus, the first two making it in. The Archers occupied the building. The left Eagle flew across to redirect the Demigryphs. Apotheosis healed a wound on the Phoenix. The Glade Guard shot an Archer, while a well-placed bolt killed a Demigryph. Combat was one-sided (World Dragon + Blizzard Aura) but the Inner Circle held.

Turn Two

The Dragon assaulted the building while the Demigryphs charged the Eagle. The Archers joined the central combat. We were unsure if it was a front or a flank charge, a roll-off decided the former. Firecloak went up on the Crossbows and the damaged RBT was finished off by a cannonball. The Demigryphs killed the Eagle, and the Dragon some Archers but these held. I won in the centre again but the combat ground on.

Swordmasters charged the Demigryphs, who fled. The Eagle moved up to protect their flank from a possible charge from the Dragon. Glade Guard moved over their wall. Hand of Glory raised Silver Helm WS by one and the surviving RBT put two wounds on the Dragon. Their BSB slain, the Inner Circle finally broke but the Archers held, so I could only Pursue with the Phoenix, who fell short. The Helms Reformed to slide across and achieve full contact with the Archers.

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#82 Post by Prince of Spires »

Looks like you're in a good position. A shame you failed to catch the bus. But you've got both his cavalry units running, so at best they'll rally in his turn and you get to move again in yours. From here you should be able to score decently. Though the dragon is still a wildcard and of course the cannons can get going and take out some valuable points / units.

Rod

Check out my plog

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#83 Post by SpellArcher »

Prince of Spires wrote:But you've got both his cavalry units running, so at best they'll rally in his turn and you get to move again in yours.
Exactly!

Turn Three

The Dragon assaulted the building once more. The Inner Circle rallied but the Demigryphs made a beeline for their table edge. Magic achieved little but the cannon took out the remaining RBT. The Dragon chewed up the Archers. My Silver Helms broke the enemy Archers which gave me a dilemma. Pursue and try to bank some points or Restrain and go for the combo-charge on the Inner Circle. I went for gold and chose the latter.

Both Phoenix and Helms made it into the enemy knights:

I overreached a little in casting Convocation on the Archers but avoided the Miscast. It was, of course, Scrolled. Wood Elf shooting killed three. Two more knights bit the dust, leaving my opponent needing a 4 to hold. He picked up the dice and rolled...Insane Courage! And that was all we had time for.

10-10
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#84 Post by Prince of Spires »

SpellArcher wrote:Two more knights bit the dust, leaving my opponent needing a 4 to hold. He picked up the dice and rolled...Insane Courage! And that was all we had time for.
:shock: :o

That was... unfortunate...

It happens of course, and it's not really something you can plan for. But that would have turned a draw into a very big win I think. You basically did everything right. It does show the downside of only managing to get 3 turns played. Another turn and you could have cleared a lot of the table. And in that situation it wouldn't even have been bad to be stuck in combat for another turn, since it would have prevented your opponent shooting the frostheart.

Of course, the elves of the match are the archers. Holding off the dragon for those 2 rounds of combat. Impressive :)

Still, you could have also lost the game by having your mage sucked into the warp.

Rod

Check out my plog

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#85 Post by SpellArcher »

Yeah, I was certainly in a strong position Rod, my opponent said so too. Even if he can get the Dragon in, I can pitch my Swordmasters in too. With the scroll gone, magic is going to hurt. I should be able to finish off the Archers with my Glade Guard and even the Demis have a 1-in-3 of running straight off the table. Not finishing was pretty much down to my opponent. Nothing gamey, he was just a laid back guy and I'm fine with that. As I've said before, it's not the ETC.

So that left us both on 29pts. Whoever could score big in the last game would have an excellent chance of winning the tournament, though there were a couple of other guys in the mix. My opponent drew Warriors of Chaos, a challenge but a match-up with plenty of room for a big win either way. I drew...Dwarfs. Needing a big win. Bugger!

:x

I didn't know it at the time but my third opponent led on 33pts. I needed at least a 12-8 to be in with a shot at first place.

Dwarfs
Game Three - Dwarfs

High Elves

Prince, Barded Steed, HA, Giant Blade, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone
Archmage, High Magic, 4+ Ward, Ironcurse Icon
BSB, Barded Steed, Lance, HA, Shield, World Dragon
Mage, Lvl 2, High Magic, Dispel Scroll

8 Silver Helms, Shields, Standard, Musician
29 Spears. FC, Gleaming Pennant

20 Swordmasters, FC, Lichebone Pennant
Tiranoc Chariot

3 RBT
2 Eagles

Frost Phoenix

Dwarfs

Lord, Shieldbearers, Great Weapon, Assorted Runes of Doom
BSB, Rune of 5+ Ward vs Shooting & MM's within 6", Shield
Runesmith, Rune of Stone, 2 x Spellbreaking, Shield

20 Longbeards, FC
20 Warriors, Great Weapons, FC.
16 Quarrellers

Cannon, Rune of Re-roll Misfire
Stone Thrower, 2 x Rune of Penetrating

Organ Gun, Runes of Re-roll Misfire, +1 to Hit
10 Irondrakes, 2 x Rune of Slowness Banner

8 Inner Circle Knights
Treeman, Strangleroots

Thoughts on the match-up?
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#86 Post by Prince of Spires »

SpellArcher wrote:Thoughts on the match-up?
First thought was "good luck getting 12-8 vs that list"

The upside is only 1 cannon,which is good news for the phoenix. And if you can get some magic up on the SM before the pain starts raining in then they have a decent chance of getting in combat with something. Still, if you're a bit unlucky you'll take off half your army before you get to do much.
SpellArcher wrote: Not finishing was pretty much down to my opponent. Nothing gamey, he was just a laid back guy and I'm fine with that. As I've said before, it's not the ETC.
It's a game. The purpose of a game is to have fun. If fun was had then you're in a good place :)

That's my perspective at least

Rod

Check out my plog

RE.Lee

#87 Post by RE.Lee »

Dwarfs with IC Knights and a Treeman :lol:

Frosty seems to be key here (as he so often is). Dwarfs need to be ground down, as they get bonuses both when charged and when charging. Keeping the big bird intact and his working with the PGs should be the goal.

The Irondrakes and multiple Rune of Slowness combo is brutal - a great way to screen a flank. Looking forward to seeing how you dealt with the challenge!
cheers, Lee

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#88 Post by SpellArcher »

Thanks guys.
Prince of Spires wrote:First thought was "good luck getting 12-8 vs that list"
I actually think 12-8 is not too big a stretch here Rod. The really big win to make sure though, seemed pretty unlikely.
Prince of Spires wrote:The upside is only 1 cannon,which is good news for the phoenix.
Agreed.
Prince of Spires wrote:And if you can get some magic up on the SM before the pain starts raining in then they have a decent chance of getting in combat with something. Still, if you're a bit unlucky you'll take off half your army before you get to do much.
This is a key point which affected the battle, as will become clear.
RE.Lee wrote:Dwarfs with IC Knights and a Treeman
Yeah, a funny combination RE! The good thing about the latter is he inhibits my Infantry.
RE.Lee wrote:Frosty seems to be key here (as he so often is).
Not 'arf! :)
RE.Lee wrote:The Irondrakes and multiple Rune of Slowness combo is brutal - a great way to screen a flank. Looking forward to seeing how you dealt with the challenge!
As I mentioned to my opponent after the game, a bigger unit could be devastating.

Overall, my opponent's shooting is good rather than awesome and the combat is not wonderful. One Runesmith is not going to stop all my magic. The Silver Helms are virtually immune to his artillery so are a major threat. But as you've both touched on, simple attrition on the rest of my fragile army should make it hard for me to rack up a big win. So maybe a par match-up, or just possibly a +1 to me.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#89 Post by SpellArcher »

Pre-game and Deployment

Archmage: Hand of Glory, Walk Between Worlds, Fiery Convocation
Mage: Apotheosis, Arcane Unforging

The Dwarf centre, Just out of shot on my right is the cannon. Then we have Quarrellers, Warriors (plus Runesmith), Treeman, Longbeards (plus General & BSB), Organ Gun, Irondrakes.

Opposite my Left (taken after the Knights had moved up). You can see a couple of the centre units on the right. Then the building, then the Stone Thrower behind a wall.

My left, bolt shooters, Chariot and Eagle.

High Elf Centre, Glade Guard, Spears, RBT and Swordmasters (plus Archmage).

Right. Frostheart and Silver Helms (plus Prince and BSB).

Thoughts?
RE.Lee

#90 Post by RE.Lee »

Dwarfs look solid - tempting to come at them but a knight unit and a cannon in the flank. Its a trap!
cheers, Lee