Back again with another possible GT list (2400)

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

SteVieBizzLe

Back again with another possible GT list (2400)

#1 Post by SteVieBizzLe »

Those that saw my last post will know the comp I am playing to.

Tried this list the other night and got a massive win against a very good Warriors list and a very strong player.

==Lords==

Alarielle - 350 (Either go all Life, or 1 Light and 3 High if I need the extra Banishment strength)

Archmage - 245
-Lvl 4 Lore of Light
-Khaines Ring of Fury

Prince - 242
-Heavy Armour, Lion Cloak, Golden Crown, Enchanted Shield, Giant Blade, Other Trciksters Shard

==Heroes==

Mage - 145
-Lvl 2 Lore of Light, Dispel Scroll

Noble - 147
-Battle Standard Bearer, Halberd, Armour of Silvered Steel, Luckstone

==Core==

30 Archers - 320
-Champion and Musician

6 Silver Helms - 158
-Shields, Champion, Standard Bearer

6 Silver Helms - 158
-Shields, Champion, Standard Bearer

==Special==

25 White Lions - 395
-Full Command, Banner of the World Dragon

==Rare==

RBT - 70
RBT - 70

Eagle - 50
Eagle - 50

Army Total: 2400

Thoughts? all characters in the lions unless I face dwellers in which case they will scatter amongst the archers as well, and possibly even on their own behind terrain etc if they other list has no shooting.
Cold Phoenix

Re: Back again with another possible GT list (2400)

#2 Post by Cold Phoenix »

I think it's pretty good. Alarielle might make the mirror matchup a bit uncomfortable depending on the other list. If she's in the White Lions and the other player gets a BotWD unit into the Lions...

Star Dragon might also be a problem. If it goes into the White Lions on full health and challanges, you end up having to accept (in which case it stomps a character each round) or refuse (in which case the prince goes to the back while the dragon beats up the characters in base contact and stomps the White Lions for combat res). If the Dragon holds up for a while you might lost the Lions to a combo-charge or end up trading the rest of your army and whatever characters you lost for the Star Dragon.

Skaven could be bad if they get the dreaded 13th off a couple of times on the White Lions.
SteVieBizzLe

#3 Post by SteVieBizzLe »

Cold Phoenix wrote:I think it's pretty good. Alarielle might make the mirror matchup a bit uncomfortable depending on the other list. If she's in the White Lions and the other player gets a BotWD unit into the Lions...

Star Dragon might also be a problem. If it goes into the White Lions on full health and challanges, you end up having to accept (in which case it stomps a character each round) or refuse (in which case the prince goes to the back while the dragon beats up the characters in base contact and stomps the White Lions for combat res). If the Dragon holds up for a while you might lost the Lions to a combo-charge or end up trading the rest of your army and whatever characters you lost for the Star Dragon.

Skaven could be bad if they get the dreaded 13th off a couple of times on the White Lions.
Yeah totally agree, the mirror match could possibly be horrendous for me. I have a couple of strategies though, I can either can 6 dice happy on dwellers and hope that wins me the game...skillz. Or I can go with High magic and hope for unforging to blow the banner up, on top of that I have banishment and bolt throwers that I can at least chip a couple of wounds of the dragon. Not great match up by any means, but I will give it a good crack.

Dreaded 13th is always going to be an issue, not much we can do about that. Just have to hope my magic can do more than theirs.
Cold Phoenix

#4 Post by Cold Phoenix »

Yeah totally agree, the mirror match could possibly be horrendous for me. I have a couple of strategies though, I can either can 6 dice happy on dwellers and hope that wins me the game...skillz.
It might even work. I had a tournament game last Sunday where my empire opponent was in a pretty bad spot. He declared that it was "Yolo time" (mad skillz time) and promptly IFed dwellers on 3 dice. I thought I'd lost the game, before I remembered we were playing ETC rules and worked out that Teclis got a 2+ Los!