Host of Caledor (ET: Eternity King) 3000 points

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

RogueSun

Host of Caledor (ET: Eternity King) 3000 points

#1 Post by RogueSun »

Hey everyone, so I have a 3000 point HEAVILY themed Caledor army that I was just sort of looking to get a little feedback on. It's not hyper competitive but I'm hoping I won't just get crushed mercilessly either. Any feedback is appreciated!

LORDS 810
Crown Prince Imrik 810
- Star Lance, Armor of the Dragontamer, Dragon Horn, Minaithnir

HEROES 1107
Drake Captain (Glade Captain) 217
- Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Asrai Longbow, Asrai Spear, Battle Standard, Drake (Great Stag), Light Armor

Dragon Mage of Caledor LVL2 445
- Dragon Armor, Sun Dragon, Charmed Shield, Dispel Scroll, Ironcurse Icon, Opal Amulet

Dragon Mage of Caledor LVL2 445
- Dragon Armor, Sun Dragon, Golden Crown of Atrazar, The Gem of Sunfire, Power Stone

CORE 759
5x Ellyrian Reavers 95pts
- Spears and Bows

- Spears and Bows

- Spears and Bows

9x Silver Helms 237pts
- Full Command, Shields

9x Silver Helms 237pts
- Full Command, Shields

SPECIAL 322
8x Dragon Princes 322
- Full Command, Banner of the World Dragon, Dragonhelm

TOTAL: 2998

So. Three Dragons. It's really fast, pretty heavily armored but very low model count. Next to no shooting. Lots of Firey goodness in the magic phase. Between the Dragon Horn and the Banner of the World Dragon all of the big Lizards should be stubborn every turn. I decided to go with the Glade Captain over a Noble because of the Great Stag. It adds some more nice S5 hits to the Dragon Prince unit without slowing them down any. It also makes the BSB a little harder to kill. Granted he doesn't have a 2+ armor save but hopefully the 4++ and the higher Toughness will help even this out.

Any thoughts?
Andrei_Warrior

Re: Host of Caledor (ET: Eternity King) 3000 points

#2 Post by Andrei_Warrior »

over 50% lords and heroes unless your opponents don't care
NexS

#3 Post by NexS »

Andrei_Warrior wrote:over 50% lords and heroes unless your opponents don't care
What do you mean? This list doesn't have more than 50% lords or 50% heroes...

As far as the list goes, Can the stag be replaced with a great eagle? That way you could convert a wyvern or other small flying beast to be a themed mount :)
EDIT: Also, if you're playing end times magic, you might like to take the flame banner on your dragon princes so you can make all units flammable and simply wreck face.
Nasty
Regards,
Brad
------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53518&start=0]Visit The Nexs-Files Conversion/Painting Log[/url]
Ladril Caledor

#4 Post by Ladril Caledor »

It looks like it would be a lot of fun to play. As you might guess from my name, I'm a big fan of any Caledor themed list. I would consider dropping one of the Dragon Mages and putting in an Archmage on a barded steed with High Magic and the Book of Hoeth. You could put him with the Dragon Princes - he would boost their Ward save and the Banner of the World Dragon gives good miscast protection. This will give you stronger dispels and a lot more capability and flexibility in the magic phase.
Tullarion

#5 Post by Tullarion »

He doesn't want to use an eagle, because then it can't go with the dragon princes. I get how he's doing it.

Although he can still get cannon sniped.

It looks fun, though I would switch reavers for dark riders... it just seems automatic in HotEK.
RogueSun

#6 Post by RogueSun »

Tullarion wrote:He doesn't want to use an eagle, because then it can't go with the dragon princes. I get how he's doing it.

Although he can still get cannon sniped.

It looks fun, though I would switch reavers for dark riders... it just seems automatic in HotEK.
Yeah, no Eagle. The Glade Captain is going in with the Dragon Princes.

He CAN still get cannon sniped but with 3 Dragons on the table I'm doubting he'll get much priority.

Good call on the Dark Riders.
Andrei_Warrior

#7 Post by Andrei_Warrior »

I'm pretty sure how it works is that you are allowed up to 50% lords+heroes. This list has around 1900 puts of them, which is greater than the allowed 1500. Its not max 50% lords and max 50% heroes, its max 50% combined. Otherwise you could just have min core, and the rest heroes, which is not allowed. Plz correct me if I'm wrong, i would love to build up some epic armies with 75% Lords+Heroes.
NexS

#8 Post by NexS »

Andrei_Warrior wrote:I'm pretty sure how it works is that you are allowed up to 50% lords+heroes. This list has around 1900 puts of them, which is greater than the allowed 1500. Its not max 50% lords and max 50% heroes, its max 50% combined. Otherwise you could just have min core, and the rest heroes, which is not allowed. Plz correct me if I'm wrong, i would love to build up some epic armies with 75% Lords+Heroes.
Check the errata. You can spend up to 50% on lords, and up to 50% on heroes, but you must still spend 25% on core as usual.
Regards,
Brad
------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53518&start=0]Visit The Nexs-Files Conversion/Painting Log[/url]
RogueSun

#9 Post by RogueSun »

NexS wrote:Check the errata. You can spend up to 50% on lords, and up to 50% on heroes, but you must still spend 25% on core as usual.
Yup. You still have to have 3 units and a min of 25% spent on core, but if you really wanted you could have a Core+Characters army and have it be legal.
Andrei_Warrior

#10 Post by Andrei_Warrior »

Oh thats pretty awesome, thx for telling me!