Rumors of big things to come to WFB

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Aicanor
Rainbows

Re: Rumors of big things to come to WFB

#31 Post by Aicanor »

A picture of Nagash model over at Dakka: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 10256.page. Well, it is slightly better than the old one. :mrgreen:
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#32 Post by Prince of Spires »

You think he knows there are bits sticking out of him? I wonder how he walks through a doorway...

"Whahahaha! Bow before me, you puny human. Submit or die!"
From inside his house, dancing: "You can't catch me, you can't catch me!"
"You will suffer!" Walks in. "Hm, I'm stuck. Doh. Euhm, can anybody give me a hand please? Puny human, please wait right there. I'll make you suffer when I'm free to move again..."

500 SS probably points at some adapted rules. No way they are going to release a model for 4000+ points games. But whether it means special Nagash rules, campaign rules or a new version of the game (like Storm of Magic) is anyones guess.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
RE.Lee

#33 Post by RE.Lee »

Model looks decent - I'm pretty sure it will look better in real life (and with a different paintjob!). Reminds me of the new treeman. The rules are pretty cool: up to 4 heroic killing blow attacks at S8 D3 wounds and 5 levels of magic on top of that - ouch!
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
sparkytrypod

#34 Post by sparkytrypod »

death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain

do an rpg personality test, im from Ireland and I get...

[CENTER][url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg[/img][/url][/CENTER
John Rainbow

#35 Post by John Rainbow »

He looks like a pure badass from the rules. I'm intrigued as to the whole 'Army of Undeath' thing. I wonder what is going on with that?
sparkytrypod

#36 Post by sparkytrypod »

must a new campaign like storm of magic or something, never get to use him otherwise, and as a monster he will suffer the same fate as other monsters, cannons!
but ya the undeath thing sounds cool!
death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain

do an rpg personality test, im from Ireland and I get...

[CENTER][url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg[/img][/url][/CENTER
Malossar
Something Cool

#37 Post by Malossar »

He is a close combat monster!!!

I could easily see taking 4 spells in lore of light for the combat buffs and running him at my opponents most badass unit.
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
Giladis
The Merlord

#38 Post by Giladis »

Damn that Nagash will look awsome next to my new Treeman :shock:
Galharen
Master of Brushes

#39 Post by Galharen »

He looks indeed damn awesome!:)
Casazzo

#40 Post by Casazzo »

/sarcasm
Yeah. Awesome. They could have added some mor spines and skullz......
/sarcasm
Rychek
Location: Where folks know what picante sauce should taste like!

#41 Post by Rychek »

Necrotic Doc Oc! Quick, somebody call Spiderman!
Rychek: he who has not an Asur name.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#42 Post by SpellArcher »

I am officially the only person who ever liked the old Nagash model.

:)
Curu Olannon
Vindicated Strategist

#43 Post by Curu Olannon »

We have an annual tournament in Norway, Dark Stormy Knights, which gives every monster in the game a flat bonus of 40% discount rate. This allows Nagash to be taken... Seeing as I don`t play any of the undead armies, I don`t think I`ll even bother going :D
Retired from Warhammer. Playing Warmachine & Hordes (Cygnar).

Follow me on Courage of Caspia, my blog.

Warhammer blogs from 2011-2015:

:: Path to Glory - High Elves Army Blog ::
:: Curu Olannon's Vindicators - 2500 points Army Blog (Old book, outdated) ::
Ricold
Wise Old Dwarf

#44 Post by Ricold »

vespacian1 wrote:I was out of fantasy during the storm of chaos campaign, so I can't say I feel the same trepidation as others.
No one with a decent memory of the absolute mess GW made of the Storm of Chaos campaign wants to go through that again. Too much plot railroading. Far too much. No really.
Ricold, Not site owner any more, largely absent. PM me if you want me. PM Prince of Spires if you need the head Loremaster.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#45 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Ricold wrote:
vespacian1 wrote:I was out of fantasy during the storm of chaos campaign, so I can't say I feel the same trepidation as others.
No one with a decent memory of the absolute mess GW made of the Storm of Chaos campaign wants to go through that again. Too much plot railroading. Far too much. No really.
Agreed 10000%
Brother Dimetrius

#46 Post by Brother Dimetrius »

Warhammer moving over to even darker times it seems.

Warseer has news of Kislev being wiped off the map by Archaon (before being stopped by Vlad?), and Ulthuan & Naggaroth being invaded by Daemons (again...) [-o<
Twitter : @BDimetrius
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#47 Post by Domine Nox »

I really like the new Nagash, but I have trepidation that for 1k pts, you get a power house who can still be knocked off the board with little effort by models 1/10 his cost (Cannons).

On the timeline moving forward I am excited to see where it goes, but curious as to what it means for the hobby in general. Are they going to make a habit of progressing the story forward? Are they pushing forward to create a new foundation to build from? Or is this a herald of the fluff moving to the back burner and them settling into an edition long term and focusing on models and data scrolls to introduce over time?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
theviking

#48 Post by theviking »

Domine Nox wrote:who can still be knocked off the board with little effort by models 1/10 his cost (Cannons).
W7, 4+ ward, access to healing from lore of vampires. Sounds like you'll need luck more than effort.

Anyone heard anything about the lore of undeath?
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#49 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Brother Dimetrius wrote:Warhammer moving over to even darker times it seems.

Warseer has news of Kislev being wiped off the map by Archaon (before being stopped by Vlad?), and Ulthuan & Naggaroth being invaded by Daemons (again...) [-o<
Well, that's just the same as last time really.
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#50 Post by Domine Nox »

theviking wrote:W7, 4+ ward, access to healing from lore of vampires. Sounds like you'll need luck more than effort.
For Nagash to be fielded (unless he has a special exception) the game has to be 4k pts. How many cannons can an army fit in to 4k points? More than enough to kill a monster who gets no LoS. Not to mention that for the same points as Nagash you can field 7 Empire Cannons which far more effectively out perform him.

I love Nagash, and always have, but in this era of sniper cannons, a monster (especially one with so many points in it) is not as great as it could be. Compare that you can get 4 Frost Phoenixes for the same point cost as Nagash, or Teclis and 2 Frost Phoenixes, or Orion and Durthu... He's powerful, and I want him, but he is wearing a giant target on his head in an era where that means he's going to die.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
Optimistic

#51 Post by Optimistic »

Domine Nox wrote:
theviking wrote:W7, 4+ ward, access to healing from lore of vampires. Sounds like you'll need luck more than effort.
For Nagash to be fielded (unless he has a special exception) the game has to be 4k pts. How many cannons can an army fit in to 4k points? More than enough to kill a monster who gets no LoS. Not to mention that for the same points as Nagash you can field 7 Empire Cannons which far more effectively out perform him.

I love Nagash, and always have, but in this era of sniper cannons, a monster (especially one with so many points in it) is not as great as it could be. Compare that you can get 4 Frost Phoenixes for the same point cost as Nagash, or Teclis and 2 Frost Phoenixes, or Orion and Durthu... He's powerful, and I want him, but he is wearing a giant target on his head in an era where that means he's going to die.
Latest rumors off of Warseer have the campaign book releasing along side Nagash shifting the percentages, allowing up to 50% of your points in just lords, and the lore of undeath being very similar to demonology from 40k. So yeah, if people play agaisnt Nagash in the campaign supplement I'm sure he'll do just fine.
Draecarion

#52 Post by Draecarion »

Brother Dimetrius wrote:Warhammer moving over to even darker times it seems.

Here is hoping that High Elves also get 1 or 2 models in the next few months ... probably not though :cry:
Curu Olannon
Vindicated Strategist

#53 Post by Curu Olannon »

Some pictures up of the new models (scroll through the album): http://s110.photobucket.com/user/jamesw ... q.jpg.html
Retired from Warhammer. Playing Warmachine & Hordes (Cygnar).

Follow me on Courage of Caspia, my blog.

Warhammer blogs from 2011-2015:

:: Path to Glory - High Elves Army Blog ::
:: Curu Olannon's Vindicators - 2500 points Army Blog (Old book, outdated) ::
Jimmy
Centurion

#54 Post by Jimmy »

I do like the Arkhan model. I wonder however what the new mount thing is he has access to. Doesn't look like a flying Chariot to me.

I think Nagash looks like crap. They really missed something special on that model I think. Perhaps it's the paint job but I feel not, they've messed it up well and truly.
Nec Sorte Nec Fato - Neither By Chance Nor Fate

X-wing Blog
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#55 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

You are correct, Jimmy. His head is way to small :mrgreen:

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
John Rainbow

#56 Post by John Rainbow »

Those steeds they're all riding are beyond awesome.
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#57 Post by Domine Nox »

I'm just glad Nagash is back, his model is.. okay. I'll probably end up doing something my own way with it to make it more to my liking. The other characters are quite impressive though, and the Spirit Hosts are a huge step up from the current line.

Aicanor
Rainbows

#58 Post by Aicanor »

Looks like GW started to double as the Ministry of Silly Hats. :mrgreen:
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#59 Post by SpellArcher »

Aicanor wrote:Looks like GW started to double as the Ministry of Silly Hats.
This was the same company that gave us the 'Big Hat' CD's!

:)
Giladis
The Merlord

#60 Post by Giladis »

Damn you currency conversion if I buy all in one go that will be more than my monthly income :mrgreen: