2500pts. "Riders of Rohan"

This forum is for 8th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

GMALERON

2500pts. "Riders of Rohan"

#1 Post by GMALERON »

Hello everyone, recently I have been experiencing with a list that so far has surprisingly been very effective and very fun to play. Me and the people I play with (40k players getting back into fantasy for the most part) have settled on building 2500pt. armies so we can get more people into the game and play at a point value we feel fantasy is meant to be played at. So far I my track record with this list is:
-Draw vs my Twin Brothers Bretonnians
-Win vs Nurgle WoC
-Win vs Ogres
-Win vs Beastmen
-Loss, got massacred by my buddies Shooty Goblin army.
I have decided to dub this my "Riders of Rohan" list as it utilizes as you can guess, lots of horses and other high movement units. The idea behind this army is to beat my opponent in the movement phase and have many fast and hard hitting units to back up my fast cav msu spam. Now this is my first attempt at this list so please I would appreciate all and any comments, Ideas and thoughts on it. Thanks again guys.

LORDS AND HEROES:
836pts.

-Eltharion the Grim
*w/ Stormwing, Lore of Death (or) Beasts

-Level 2 Mage
*w/ Dispel Scroll, High Magic, Talisman of Protection, Iron Curse Icon, Elven Steed + Barding

-Noble BSB
*w/ Reaver Bow, Lance, Dragon Armor, Enchanted Shield, Golden Crown, Elven Steed + Barding

CORE: 962pts.

-x9 Ellyrian Reavers (*Mage Here*)
*w/ Bows, Musician

-x9 Ellyrian Reavers (*BSB Here*)
*w/ Bows, Musician

-x10 Ellyrian Reavers
*w/ Bows, Musician

-x10 Ellyrian Reavers
*w/ Bows, Musician

-x10 Ellyrian Reavers
*w/ Bows, Musician

SPECIAL: 360pts.

-Lion Chariot

-Lion Chariot

-Lion Chariot

RARE: 340pts.

-Great Eagle

-Great Eagle

-Frostheart Phoenix

TOTAL ARMY: 2498 POINTS
GMALERON

Re: 2500pts. "Riders of Rohan"

#2 Post by GMALERON »

Anyone? Not trying to be annoying but I could use some tips on this list, have a few games coming up so any advice is appreciated.
Rabidnid

#3 Post by Rabidnid »

Not really much to say, it either works or it doesn't

Reavers have no armour and hit like a bunch of girls. Putting the BSB in a dragon prince bus would give you a hammer, and turning some of the reavers into silverhelms would give you the ability to deal with shooty armies. Alternately the sky cutters might be an option in place of the lion chariots.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Xarhain

#4 Post by Xarhain »

I'm quite sure joining characters to fast cav units makes them lose fast cav. As such, you'd do well to replace the character units with helms, as the main reaver advantage is already lost.
GMALERON

#5 Post by GMALERON »

You guys have made several good points, so in regards to changing up the list a little bit am considering adding a few small units of Silver Helms or Princes to place my characters in (since I am pretty sure putting non fast cav into a fast cav unit makes them not fast anymore, thanks for point that out) and to add some hitting power to my army. The idea was to have a very mobile/speedy army that would run circles around my opponent and win that way, so if anyone could give me any tips in regards to an army like this I would appreciate it.