Court of the Phoenix king idea?

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Aicanor
Rainbows

Re: Court of the Phoenix king idea?

#121 Post by Aicanor »

Is your backstory what was written on the secret message note thing?
I sent a PM to Mentheus of Caledor. This was his thread originally and I wanted to know if he is still interested in it. He or one of us should make a new thread with the general idea, the names and backstories linked at the beginning so we can keep it neat. What do you think?
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#122 Post by Luna Guardian »

Aicanor wrote:
Is your backstory what was written on the secret message note thing?
I sent a PM to Mentheus of Caledor. This was his thread originally and I wanted to know if he is still interested in it. He or one of us should make a new thread with the general idea, the names and backstories linked at the beginning so we can keep it neat. What do you think?
I think that's an excellent idea mate :)
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Shadow star

#123 Post by Shadow star »

will post cha sheet when I get in, on phone atm
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]
draxynnic

#124 Post by draxynnic »

(For the record, my intent was for Anaril to draw the book towards him and open it by hand. In his mind, he was saving a servant the effort of fetching it for him.)

Anaril nods to Deral, apparently oblivious to Deral's subtle barb. "I do not mean to belittle the Empire's achievements, but while among the forces of order they are second only to ourselves, the Children of the Old Ones, and perhaps to Cathay, Karl Franz's domain is in a more precarious position than we are - vulnerable to constant attacks by greenskins, children of Chaos both within and without his borders, and the depredations of the undead, while it is the relative safety of our lands that allow us to dispatch expeditions overseas. I'm sure he would see the benefit of a combined strike against a common foe - however, I do not think he could spare more than a token force to travel to Naggaroth without leaving some of his people unprotected against foes closer to home.

"Regarding the children of the Old Ones - you are right in that it costs us nothing to keep council with the Slann and their interpreters, and indeed we should. However, I am quite sure that they will act on their own timetable, not on ours. Of course..." Anaril shrugs, "...it is also possible that the act of our asking may be one of the signs they have been waiting for. Their reliance on prophecy to decide their actions can make them rather unpredictable.

Name: Anaril Starseeker
Kingdom: Caledor (representing the mages of Caledor, not the kingdom as a whole - I'm sure someone else will claim that role)
Titles: Archmage, Prince of Caledor.

Brief History
The Starseeker (Asur: Cadaithai) family traces its line back to one of the younger students of Caledor Dragontamer, who survived the creation of the Vortex by virtue of being deemed unprepared for the stresses of participating in the ritual that created the Vortex, and hence he leant his skills in the battle to hold of the attempts of the forces of Chaos to interrupt the spell instead. The family gained it's name through being one of the few Caledorian magical families to show its strongest affinity towards a wind other than Aqshy, instead showing a greater affinity towards Azyr. Anaril himself is no exception, proving strongest in the winds of Azyr, Hysh, and Qhaysh spells primarily drawing from those winds.

On returning to Caledor after graduating from the White Tower, Anaril bent his efforts towards understanding the causes of the slumber of the dragons and, perhaps more importantly, finding a means of reversing it. During the time of the Great Chaos Incursion, Anaril applied his skills towards resisting Druchii efforts to despoil the caverns of the dragons, employing his magic to divine auspicious times and locations for ambushes and sneak attacks upon the invaders until the dragons could be roused and the start of the Asur counteroffensive.

As part of his efforts towards a permanent solution to the lethargy of the dragons, Anaril studies the other elder reptilian creatures of the world, in the hope that better understanding of the relatives of the dragons may lead to insight into the dragons themselves. He considers himself one of the premier experts on this topic, although others may disagree.

Appearance:
Anaril is an Asur of above-average but not exceptional height for an Elf, with dark brown hair and green eyes. His robes are a mix of the soft yellow of the Moon Dragon that serves as his favoured mount and confidante (at least when awake) and the blue of Azyr, decorated with white embroidery representing dragons and the features of the night sky. His mage's circlet bears representations of the head and wings of a dragon, albeit with less ostentation than the headgear of a typical Dragon Prince. Like many Caledorians, he maintains a haughty demeanour, often behaving as if Elves from other kingdoms are not worth his full attention... an impression that is only reinforced by his tendency to fail to recognise when those Elves are annoyed or offended by his behaviour.
Shadow star

#125 Post by Shadow star »

Name: Izen Shadowstar
Kingdom: Nagarathi
Titles: Prince

Brief History:

Born in the desolate kingdom of Nagarathi, Izen is and always has been a ranger. His fighting capabilities and tactical mind quickly saw him rise in prominance amonst the shadow warriors and his first campaign against chaos far south was a great success. While on this campaign a number of his most trusted warriors were seriously injured beyond the help of his archmage. They were admitted to Althen Lorren and there met with the wood elves. They spent some time there and Izen has a great respect. While not a mage he has studied magic on and off and has come to the conclusion it is an expression of the world around us.

Appearance:
His face is, amongst elves, un remarkable. His right eye is covered with bandages - a wound he suffered recently in a battle with the vampire counts. His good eye is a deep dark blue and his hair jet black. He wears dark clothing formed of swaves of leather and cloth which allow him to always have a weapon to hand.
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#126 Post by Aicanor »

Mentheus sends word that he is busy in Caledor but hopefully will join us in the future.
I made the new thread so I suggest we move our discussions there. Will we go with the protection of ther Shadowlands topic, or Ulthuan's decreasing population or will we start with something new?
draxynnic

#127 Post by draxynnic »

Considering we've already somewhat addressed the other two, I'm probably inclined to suggest going for a new topic so we get a proper reboot. It might also be interesting to start with some of the more obscure topics rather than going straight for the big questions for the asur such as "defeating the dark elves", "why is the population dropping?" and "what can we do about the dwarves?"

As a few possible examples:

What should be Ulthuan's policy regarding the 'nonaligned' races (Ogres, Tomb Kings)?
What contingency plans might we put in place for a large incursion of monsters from the Annulii?
The Empire has requested more Orbs of Sorcery to build more Hurricanums/Luminarks/similar devices to respond to an expected threat - should we grant that request? (Probably best to wait until the new book comes out in case we have a use for them...)

And, thinking on that, one way we could produce an interesting variation:

Should ambassadors from allied nations be allowed to sit in on meetings of the Council on matters that pertain to them?
Aicanor
Rainbows

#128 Post by Aicanor »

*Silver bells ring in the antechamber inviting the princes back into the hall.*

I took the liberty to start with Aicanor's request, inspired by draxynnic's suggestions. Hope you will find it a good enough introduction to the discussion.

Aicanor
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#129 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I, Elessehta, will represent Yvresse in these councils.
As an Archon of Tor Yvresse I have the authority.

Name: Prince Elessehta Silverbough
Kingdom: Yvresse
Titles: Lord of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Archon of Tor Yvresse.
Age: 196(if we take today's date as being 2522, in the BRB)
Brief History: Tragedy struck Elessehta early on. During the Yvressi rites of adulthood, Grom the Paunch invades Yvresse. While Ele is on the Isle of Avellion, his mother dies on her way back from her family in Cothique, and his father is killed charging the Goblin horde outside Tor Yvresse to buy time for the fleeing remnants of the Yvressi army to make it back to the city. Ele returns from the mystic island bearing a branch from a tree made of pure silver, and a young griffon. He breaks down when told of his parents demise. Evelo Ohta'relen assumes control of Athel Anarhain, while Ele leaves for Cothique to fulfil his civic duty and be part of the citizen levy. Ele quits the service of Asurion Whitestar to take his place as Lord of Ar Yvrellion.
Appearance: In a word, handsome. Tall, strong, light haired, with unusual gold eyes. He wears the colours of his house, Navy and Ilithmar.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Laicamir

#130 Post by Laicamir »

Is the council in Eataine or the Temple?
By the way that Cathayan herbs bit was awesome :D
[color=#400080]'What errand have you, Dark Elf, in my lands?' - Curufin[/color]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#131 Post by Aicanor »

Welcome Ele! I'll add you, meanwhile feel free to make an entrance in the council. We need an Yvressi to explain how the mist wolves got as far as Saphery. ;)

Laicamir, I left that open but I think the council is at the Temple at this time. A long held tradition to celebrate new year and indulge in some politicking and perhaps even do something useful.
To think of it, I need some of those herbs just now. ;)
Laicamir

#132 Post by Laicamir »

Okay Thanks!
Will Finubar be arriving, at any point?
Aicanor
Rainbows

#133 Post by Aicanor »

We have no Eataini to ask, but it is possible.
Laicamir

#134 Post by Laicamir »

Okay, thank you!
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#135 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

If you're still accepting entries, may I present...

Name: Karalael Moonsinger
Kingdom: Saphery
Titles: Mage-Prince of Saphery, The Amber Wolf, Warden of Tor Lupa
Brief History: Like most Princes of Saphery, Karalael spent time at the White Tower studying the various Winds of Magic, and despite gaining a passable knowledge in all them, his favoured wind was Ghur, or Beast magic. It was this bias that was to lead to Karalael's differences from the norm, if such a term can be used to describe Princes of Saphery. After becoming the Warden of Tor Lupa upon his father's death at the hands of the Norsemen, Karalael used the extensive family resources to further research the brown wind and its powers, specifically the more warlike applications, in order to help prevent further deaths of his people in raids. However, he had grown over confident and in his recklessness, and spliced the incantations for transforming the casters body and those for releasing the savagery buried in the caster's troops, resulting in his transformation into a giant amber-furred wolf. Fortunately, he returned to his natural form swiftly, with the aid of his two assistants, before he caused too much damage or panic, less fortunately, for weeks afterwards he sporadically and uncontrollably repeatedly transformed into the beast. He eventually managed, through research and ritual to gain the ability to control these transformations, and has passed any and all tests set by the Tower to prove he is free from taint, despite his enhanced senses. This has not stopped them appointing him an Archmage to act as his aide, and to report any 'incidents' back to the Loremasters.
Appearance: Tall for an elf, although not so tall that is instantly noticeable. He has amber eyes, which in the right light seem yellow and long, light brown hair that is loose over his shoulders. He wears golden plate over ithilmar scale as well as a midnight blue cloak fastened with a golden wolf head clasp with an amber eye. His shield bears the crest of Tor Lupa a sable wolf rampant on a midnight blue field and his sword hangs loosely at his side with a white cloth trapping it into its scabbard.
Last edited by Karalael Moonsinger on Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Besides, the battle of Finuval Plain was more a minor skirmish anyway. A good enough summary would have been "Teclis and Malekith ran into each other. Teclis cast The Dwellers Below on Malekith with IF, and Malekith failed his Strength test." Not much more to it then that really.[/quote]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#136 Post by Aicanor »

Welcome Karalael, glad you decided to join us. Perhaps you bring more news from Saphery? I'll add you later, you do not have to wait to enter the council.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#137 Post by Luna Guardian »

Saphery's being well represented :D
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Aicanor
Rainbows

#138 Post by Aicanor »

Luna Guardian wrote:Saphery's being well represented :D
Isn't it always? We're everywhere. :D White Tower mostly, and that's why the hereditary princes of Saphery felt the need to keep the Council as political presence even after the Tower's construction. But agree we need people of other kingdoms, Eataine is most suspiciously absent.... and others.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#139 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Aicanor wrote:
Isn't it always? We're everywhere. :D White Tower mostly, and that's why the hereditary princes of Saphery felt the need to keep the Council as political presence even after the Tower's construction. But agree we need people of other kingdoms, Eataine is most suspiciously absent.... and others.
I'd love to join in, but not until after next week.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#140 Post by Aicanor »

Good. Perhaps even Finubar will come then. :D
The Silly Dragon

#141 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I say Saphery for Altatar but his more a colony representative as his travelling alot. I just put him doewn as Saphery as his a mage etc. Feel free to change mine to Saphery/Colonies or something.
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#142 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Aicanor, are you the GM?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#143 Post by Aicanor »

Do we need one? But come to think of it, seems I am acting as one just now. I intend to take care of the thread.

Edit: TSD, I think it is ok to have more people of one kingdom, even if there is only one banner. :D People representing other kingdoms will be more than welcome though.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#144 Post by Aicanor »

Side note: I borrowed stalkers from Headahot's story because they seemed a perfect monstrous creature for us in soft south. Also the title of Eagles is Headshot's so I attribute it to him here. Hope he doesn't mind. :)
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#145 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

It's cause we're awesome :P
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Besides, the battle of Finuval Plain was more a minor skirmish anyway. A good enough summary would have been "Teclis and Malekith ran into each other. Teclis cast The Dwellers Below on Malekith with IF, and Malekith failed his Strength test." Not much more to it then that really.[/quote]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#146 Post by Aicanor »

Or because we meddle into everyone else's affairs. Heheh.
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#147 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Or that :lol:

EDIT: Also are we seperated into groups based on province and seated under the province's banner or are we seated in terms of power, influence, etc and under our own family/household banner?
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Laicamir

#148 Post by Laicamir »

Am I allowed to add a bit to my backstory, I wrote it very late a night and left out a bit of it?
Aicanor
Rainbows

#149 Post by Aicanor »

Of course, Laicamir. If we so not change much what is already there, updates are a good thing.

Edit: There is, as I see it, one banner for each kingdom constantly present, but every member of the council can being their own. Aicanor now represents the gathering of Sapherian princes so she doesn't use banners of her house. But feel free to add more heraldry. ;)
Laicamir

#150 Post by Laicamir »

Okay thanks, when I get the chance I will add about how the former high prince died along with his sister, this involves how he got the crown and became warden. :D