Court of the Phoenix king idea?

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Aicanor
Rainbows

Re: Court of the Phoenix king idea?

#91 Post by Aicanor »

I can well understand reluctance of the Nagarathi to rebuild Anlec. Its history after the Sundering speaks loads.
I've been to the remnants of Tor Anroc and it is still impressive (that what can be seen anyway), but it is a tomb, not living city now. I can not speak for the Tower, but we would rather help building anew than comb through the tatters of the past.
Laicamir

#92 Post by Laicamir »

Perhaps you are right but I cannot speak for my whole realm. I don't even have the resources to build a new city, I doubt even if all the princes of the kingdom contributed we would have enough. Repairs or a new city, we still require assistance from the other kingdoms if we are to have a capital city.
[color=#400080]'What errand have you, Dark Elf, in my lands?' - Curufin[/color]
The Silly Dragon

#93 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Aicanor wrote:I can well understand reluctance of the Nagarathi to rebuild Anlec. Its history after the Sundering speaks loads.
I've been to the remnants of Tor Anroc and it is still impressive (that what can be seen anyway), but it is a tomb, not living city now. I can not speak for the Tower, but we would rather help building anew than comb through the tatters of the past.
Well said.

Your well within your right to request aid but please understand that your needs are just one of many. But take heart that one day we shall rebuild all cities and also settle new ones. Its a worthy goal to aim for so don't lose sight of that. More Mages should be trained for battle magic but that could lead to more reckless behaviour like our Dragon Mages. I would volunteer to aid you personally but i would soon be travelling to Athel Loren again.

I suggest a topic now for this Council. How could we increase our population and stop our race from slowly dying?
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#94 Post by Luna Guardian »

Those are two different questions. To stop our race's ever increasing death toll with the cost of a single drop, even if it is a big drop, would require the end of Naggaroth. As for increasing our population, I suggest we spend less time politicking and more time populating
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Aicanor
Rainbows

#95 Post by Aicanor »

OOC
Laicamir wrote:Out of Character: I had not believed we had even started yet?
No better time than now. :mrgreen: Let's say it is an antechamber to the Council. But as it seems the OP is not present, we'll have to work something out. And at least write our application to the Council (name, kingdom, status and short CV, I guess...).

IC
The Silly Dragon wrote:I suggest a topic now for this Council. How could we increase our population and stop our race from slowly dying?
The population won't increase by idle talk. :wink:

@ Laicamir, We have no capital either since Saphetion was destroyed. We have the Tower now, of course.
The Silly Dragon

#96 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I guess i worded the topic wrongly, forgive me. I mean't for us to speak about why our birthrate is so low. Many call it a curse that we inherited from when Aenarion drew the Sword of Khaine and others say it was the Vortex that makes us weaker due to our proximity to it though the other creatures of Ulthuan don't seem affected like the Eagles, Dragons and even White Lions.
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Laicamir

#97 Post by Laicamir »

Sorry, I don't know how I failed to recall the fall of the most beautiful city that ever existed. I withdraw my calls for increased aid.

As to the topic at hand I highly doubt that it is a curse from the sword, I have heard no mention of such an effect within legitimate prophecies and we are still great warriors and wizards despite the vortex, however I have no idea of what else the problem may be. Perhaps subtle magics set upon us be the dark ones, I thought we would have detected it by know though if it were that?
The Silly Dragon

#98 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Our close proximity to the vortex means that whatever is causing it cannot be from any normal magics. A theory could be that it is something brought upon by Gods dark or otherwise. But its a problem that needs to be solved if we are to have any hope for our peoples' future.
Laicamir

#99 Post by Laicamir »

I feel if gods wanted us dead and could affect us in that manor we would be destroyed, unless its some form of mercy killing? Few mortals I know of are capable of such a spell though.
draxynnic

#100 Post by draxynnic »

(Heh. Looks like I missed the interesting topic...

Character: Anaril Starseeker (Caledorian* archmage)

*I was considering going with Yvresse to cover a kingdom that doesn't seem to have been claimed yet, but who else but a Caledorian would drag the topic back just so he could have his say?)

Anaril sets down a book which he had been perusing for much of the previous discussion, appearing surprised at the rapid change of topic.

"I have studied the first children of the Old Ones and what they have been willing to tell us of their history. They have, in fact, made their own raids on Naggaroth to recover their stolen property, some of which have proven quite successful. This would indicate that despite their exothermic nature, they are in fact capable of surviving in the chill north, whether through their own magic or through a similar means as the Cold Ones that are found throughout the western continent and serve as mounts for the Scaled Ones and our dark cousins alike.

"The question would, of course, be whether they would help us. They act according to their own plans and prophecies that do not seem to always make sense to them, let alone to us. Those temple-cities at the tips of Lustria and the Southlands appear to appreciate the presence of our citadels, but they are the furthest from our proposed theatre of operation. Meanwhile, the master of Hexoatl has decreed that the Plan requires the return of all elvenkind settled outside of Ulthuan - Mazdamundi may be eager to assist in removing our dark cousins from Naggaroth, but the price demanded may be more than we are willing to pay. Ultimately, though, the servants of the ancients will act against Naggaroth when they believe their Plan calls for it and not before - rather than asking them for help, we may be better served by informing them that we are ready to help them when they are ready.

"As for our allies in the east..." Anaril waves a hand in the air dismissively, "they have their own problems. We have helped them more than they have helped us simply because we are stronger than they are. We can, at times, send armies to aid them, while as a rule they cannot spare any to cross the sea. At best, we may be able to entice some of their adventuring fleets to assist us in raiding Naggaroth rather than their ill-advised treasure seeking of Lustria... but would we really want them?

"That said, though, it may be worth forging ties with the inventors of Nuln, possibly through our contacts in the Gold College. The Empire may be able to spare a siege train where it could not spare a whole army, and while our cousins of Eataine are quite proud of their Eagle Claws, they lack a certain... something when it comes to breaking down the fortified towers of our enemy. If the engines are served by human crews and being used in the lands of our enemies... do we care if they produce a little smoke?

"As for the current topic..." Anaril's haughty gaze crosses the room, as if in reproach at the assembly for daring to change the subject before he was good and ready for it to be changed, "I fear that that too may be tied in with the previous topic, namely when it comes to Altatar's rash suggestion. There is, after all, some evidence to suggest that our lack of fecundity may be connected to the changes of the flow of magic resulting from the Vortex. Furthermore, Altatar, how can you say with surety that Ulthuan's other creatures remain unaffected by the Vortex? Some of my colleagues claim that the depth of the slumber of the dragons varies according to the flow of magic through the world and thus through the Vortex, although others prefer to point the finger at Druchii treachery, and when the Winds of Magic blow strong, Inner and Outer Kingdom alike must be on guard from Chaos-touched monstrosities coming down from the Annulii peaks. How can we say with surety that any living thing, great or small, is not affected in its own way by the Vortex and its fluctuations? Princes of Ulthuan, remember that the Vortex was the handiwork of the greatest mage that ever lived..." From Anaril's tone, it is clear that the thought that Teclis, Nagash, or any other might be considered the equal of Caledor Dragontamer has never crossed his mind. "Thus, I would suggest that before we tamper with it, we be absolutely sure we know what we're doing, lest we create for ourselves another disaster on the scale of that triggered by the meddling of Aenarion's second son."

His speech delivered, Anaril snaps his fingers, and another tome floats towards him from a table at the back of the room. It appears to be a register of births and deaths in Ellyrion from the time of Aethis the Poet. As it arrives, Anaril's head snaps upwards as another thought comes to him. "If our diminishing numbers are a result of the Widowmaker's curse, why is it that the Druchii have been able to constantly replenish their numbers when we have believed them on the brink of extinction while our own numbers dwindle? Would that curse not lie most heavily on the descendants of those that gave in to it?"
The Silly Dragon

#101 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Altatar watches Anaril use his magic for even the simplest things as opening a book. Swallowing his words to tell him not to be so lazy he begins,

"The Druchii appease Khaine alot and worship him as their main deity. The Widowmaker is Khaine's weapon and his curse and if appeased enough mayhap he would lift it? After all the God of murder would want a war regardless of who spills the blood and for whatever reason. At least thats one of many theories."

Edit: Should we do character sheets? so we can attack ideas by saying "well you were brought up on a farm lol!" if we were inclined to do so (all in character of course).
Laicamir

#102 Post by Laicamir »

Laicamir gazes with great amusement at the two other mages and their clearly different views on magic.

OOC: That sounds good, what should I put on it?
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#103 Post by Luna Guardian »

"Khaine is our god of war and to be respected and revered by any warrior of the Asur. What the Druchii are doing in the name of Khaine is a perversion, as far from worshipping the Warrior as one can possibly get. Twisted practices and malicious minds have warped the deity of War into an effigy of murder and bloodlust, no different from the Blood God of Chaos. But that is not Khaine's true face"

Deral turned to look at Anaril "I tend to agree with you Caledorian. The Dragontamer was the greatest of your people ever to have walked this world and certainly the most gifted archmage of his age. It's a sad thing that his wisdom is lost to us now that his children desperately need it" the Chracian flashed a mischiveous grin at the archmage. "That being said, we should not dismiss our eastern allies. We may have once been stronger than they that is true, but they have held back Chaos, the undead and the greenskin hordes for a millenium, that is no mean feat for a species that is by our measurement still in its infancy. There are more reasons than you state that we haven't asked for their aid until now. We can't have armies of humans and Dawi march freely on our lands, but certainly we can call upon old allegiances to crush a mutual threat? The Emperor is not a stupid man and can certainly see the benefit in this. Same goes for their archmage, potential access to artifacts of the elven origin should buy his support with ease. No, I do not suggest we allow the humans to ransack Naggaroth and unleash Asuryan knows what on the world, but some of the more harmless items of power could be handed over in payment for their services."

"Finally the children of the Old Ones, I maintain that asking them for their aid does not cost us anything. We can simultaneously tell them that we are ready to assist them should they wish to pursue a campaign against the dark ones. The Slann are wise, even by our measurements, and although they follow the plans of long absent masters, they have to see that the Druchii are outside the plan of the Old Ones and thus need to be erased"

OOC: I have well over 20 pages of fluff for Deral and the house of Lionbane, so I recommend a character sheet like this:

Name: Deral Lionbane
Title: Head of House Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone, Warden of Tor Charta

Age: 383 (Yeah, he's VERY young [125 is like 16 in elven years and elves can live for thousands of years, depending])
Kingdom: Chrace
Brief history and description: Deral is the head of the Lionbanes, an old and respected family from the northwestern reaches of Chrace. Guarding Ulthuan from their vile cousins, the Lionbane's seat of power is the great stone fortress of Lionstone Citadel, built to grow from the side of the mountain like a natural extension. A curious mixture of traditionalist and progressive thinking, Deral is viewed as odd even by other Chracians and outright baffling by elves from other kingdoms.

The proud tradition of the Lionbane family has always been to follow the path of the White Lion. While this is no longer required of each child, at least the head of the family is expected to hunt down and kill one of the fearsome beasts that roam the mountains and forests of Chrace. Deral achieved this on the cusp of adulthood, hunting down and killing the mighty Carathic whose enchanted pelt he now wears.

During the Great War Against Chaos when Asavar Kul led his hordes on the mortal lands, Dorhal Lionbane, Deral's father, abandoned Lionstone Citadel to the vast hordes of Druchii, Chaos worshippers and daemons, choosing to lead his people to safety in the Inner Kingdoms and Annulii Mountains. Deral, although very young, was left behind the enemy lines with a cadre of experiences soldiers to wage guerrilla war on the invaders. A year later after the might of the Druchii was broken upon the Finuval Plain, Dorhal was joined by his two sons Deral and Choradrian and the Lionbane host laid siegeto the family's ancient seat of power. Occupied by the dark elf sorceress Desria Volrasi and her coven, along with a sizable garrison, the siege lasts for three months. After Ilmariel Hailarrow led a night raid on the main gate and opened it to the Asur, the elven host charged the citadel and drove back the surprised defenders. In a last act of defiance, Volrasi and her sorceresses attempted to bring the citadel down on the heads of the high elves, but they were interrupted by Dorhal and the Hundred Manes. Unfortunately, as he cut off the head of the sorceress, the magical power she had accumulated lashed out uncontrollably, wiping out half of the Lionbane elites, including Dorhal Lionbane. Deral succeeded his father officially a year later, as the last of the invaders had been driven off Ulthuan.

Although Deral is a prince of noble blood, he does not enjoy the revelry of fine clothes and ”frivolous baubles” as he puts it, of others of his rank. He wears his long light-brown hair free, with the exception of a simple braid on the right side, and adorned with beads and feathers. Upon his brow sits a golden circlet with a multi-faceted emerald, matching the green of his eyes, as the sole symbol of his status. Standing tall even amongst the tall elves of Chrace, and built exceptionally strong, Deral has a physical presence that lends him immediate authority. Dressing in the dark green, brown and gold of his house in times of peace, he prefers silk and soft leather to the intricate and exuberant robes often associated with elven nobility. To battle he carries his huge double bladed battleaxe, as well as a smaller handaxe and a hunters knife, donning his simple gilded ithilmar breatplate, molded to reflect his physique with matching bracers and greaves as well as the white lion cloak that is his by right of hunt.

Deral is usually a well-humored man, keen on enjoying the small pleasures of life, such as hunting and music. He is light-spirited despite his great responsibility and is well liked by his warriors and the people in his care. However, when roused to battle, he is a proud and powerful warrior, fierce and full of grit. Whether he is fighting on foot with his bodyguard or witnessing the battlefield from atop his mighty griffon Whitebeak, he can often be found where the fighting is thickest, seeking out the most dangerous foes in the battlefield to break the back of the opposing force.

A proud but modest warrior who places achievement over position and pedigree, he has often found himself at odds with the arrogant nobles of Caledor, more than once resulting in blows between him and the dragon lords. In fact, one of his most well-known achievements is the thorough defeat of four mounted Caledorian princes in a gauntlet duel, sparking a venomous feud with Beshil'ur Vartahlis, Drakemaster of the Second Flight of Dragonprinces. He also has a long standing friendship, and a friendly rivalry, with the Caledorian prince Ramesesis of Tir Eloc that has been well recorded. Deral personally trained the bodyguard of Ramesesis and the two respect each other greatly.
Last edited by Luna Guardian on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#104 Post by Aicanor »

Princess Aicanor busies herself with writing a note on a piece of paper. No one looks at her so no one can tell what it is. She nods at a servant waiting by the door and gives it to her. The girl hurries away.

OOC: Everyone interested in joining the court should give us the name of his character, age, title, province, place for which he will speak and short history (aka fluff, plus a link to more detailed character story if you have one) - just as Luna Guardian did. I contacted the OP and we'll see if he is still interested in this. If not, and nobody has any objections, I'll act as an archivist for the Court and gather the information in one place.
The Silly Dragon

#105 Post by The Silly Dragon »

OOC: Yeah we need the first post to contain everyone's character sheets for easy access reminders etc. I'll leave out alot of Altatar's silly fluff (it changes alot of things and alot is set in the future anyways as i like to change fluff as well as make my own).

Heres my character sheet for Altatar (note the lack of family name, thats for a reason).

Name: Altatar
Title: The Phoenix Envoy, Keeper of Sapherys' Mark

Kingdom: Saphery
Brief history and description: Altatar's story starts with his parents who were secret worshippers in the cult of excess. Their names are stricken from all records and their family name forgotten and their house with all their worth split and given to others once they were exposed. His parents fled from the city of Lothern with him still only a small baby no older then 5 months. Swordmasters gave pursuit and eventually caught them in the woods in Cothique. They slew the parents but gave the babe mercy and took him back to the white tower where he was raised and given his name by Kreia Valorelle a current loremaster of Saphery. She raised him as her own but never told him lies about his lineage saying that he must always feel disgraced so to temper him for his challenges ahead. She was hard on him but it made him stronger. Strong enough that when the other practicing Mages would tease him or outright bully him he did not retaliate or withdraw, only dismissed them and carried on with his lessons, suffice to say he had no friends growing up.

He mastered all magic quickly even the difficult High lore itself. Kreia observed his birthmark on his chin change over time. At first it was but a normal blemish on the skin but as he passed into adulthold it changed into the symbol for Saphery itself. In the corner of her eyes she would swear it would shimmer slightly as if it glowed but it never in plain view.

When Teclis came back from forming the Imperial colleges Altatar took great interest in learning about the other races of the world and had his chance to travel with an Envoy who was sent to better increase relations between Elf and Man. In that time Altatar proved his diplomatic skills when dealing with other races but certainly not with his own people. Many times he would take sides with Humans in matters and commonly had arguements with those he traveled with. When he returned after 3 years Altatar made a vow to do what he can to help the other races. But what could he do?

The main concern for the Empire of Man was the pressing dangers from the north. The dark powers and evil it brought down with it. But he couldn't go to fight with them as he knew this alone wouldn't stop Chaos and neither would the Empire even accept his help maybe mistaking him as a spy. So he put his efforts into trying to discover something in the tower that would help against Chaos and then it hit him. The greatest victory anyone had ever had against evil was Caledor Dragontamer through his Vortex. So Altatar devoted his life to studying it to try and understand if it could be improved and eventually maybe even replicated. He knew he was no where near as powerful or knowledgable as the great Caledor himself and this angered him to not end. He would be constantly reminded that he was not Caledor and his efforts would be in vain, that he should be more productive "like doing magic shows for humans".

Tired of being mocked he decided to try and seek help from outside the tower and eventually came across the Asrai in Athel Loren when he was sent as many are to try and open talks with the odd Elves. It was hard to earn their trust but slowly they accepted him and even now he is counted as one of the few with access to some of their Glades deep in the forest, though for limited time and only on their own and unarmed. Some of their Spellsingers even shared knowledge with him about the lore of Athel Loren and from that he learnt that the Asrai's waystones were different and began studying them.

Now back from Athel Loren to complie his findings and try some experiments he heads toward the Courts to find approval for his experiments, though he was low expectations to even be allowed inside the halls let alone speak due to his heritage. Nevertheless he plans to do his experiments in secret if he has to.

Altatar is a grim and humourless person, always deep in thought and thinking of the worst case scenario. Though in truth he is an optimise and hopes that one day he can do what Caledor Dragontamer did all those years ago and maybe even more. Driven by his desire to prove he is not a Druchii as some would say him to be, sometimes even to his face. So he strives to prove them wrong even if it means his own sacrifice, for in his eyes he needs to prove himself to world.

Altatar has a brown left eye and blue right eye with shoulder length black hair. He looks like he has not slept in weeks and many state that he walks as if he carries a heavy burden on his shoulders. I simple robe of white with gold linings that is travel worn. Bracers of leather and boots of leather with a small braided belt of silver threads. He carries a golden Staff with a small depiction of the Phoenix at the top but otherwise unremarkable.
Last edited by The Silly Dragon on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laicamir

#106 Post by Laicamir »

The Application of Prince Laicamir, Warden of Tiranoc

Name: Laicamir Ilsinwe

Province: Tiranoc

Tittles: Archmage, Prince, Lord of Tor Lossaurel, Warden of Tiranoc*
*Among other relics Laicamir saved the royal crown of Tiranoc from the sundering, with no high prince he waits to coronate the next leader of his Kingdom, the position as warden allows him some control over the kingdoms resources so that the realm can remain stable until a new ruler is appointed by the Phoenix King

Age: 7000+ Laicamir was born shortly before the reign of Aenarion the Defender, for most of that time he was trapped in an ice crystal resulting from a miscast as I tried to shield his place from the sundering. This effectively put him into a stasis but he was able to keep awareness and use his magical abilities to watch all that transpired on Ulthuan while he was trapped.

Family and Allies: Laicamir's only remaining family member is his sister's distant grandson Lantrinal, a valiant charioteer who is now his heir. His closest ally is his commander Fiondel, an ageing veteran warrior and a noble. He also has many friends within the White Tower and maintains contacts with the White Lions for whom he has chariots constructed and offers instruction in more advanced use of chariots. He also keeps a small pride of actual White Lions which act as his much loved pets and fearsome guards.

Appearance: Laicamir is slightly taller than an average elf, and shows no signs of his age. His hair is long and white and his skin is pale to an almost unnatural degree. He generally wears white robes with blue, a silver or light purple cloak, his head is adorned by an amethyst set circlet which matches the seal-ring he wears on his hand. He often carries his longsword, Ilsangalto or his staff. His eyes are blue-grey. Although he does not look old he looks some what worn out due to his numerous conflicts with daemons, there fouls magic sapping his vitality. This has also greatly tested his tenuous grip on sanity and at times have may become very unstable but also given him great abilities of foresight.

History: As a young elf Laicamir studied magic until the peace was shattered and the daemons began their invasion, still a novice at the time he took no part in the battles but witnessed many horrors nonetheless and was injured by daemons. During the long reign of Bel-Shannar he eventually rose to the position of Archmage and at one point even learnt from Thyriol himself. He contributed as much as he was able to in the wars with the Dark Elves, however always somewhat pessimistic, before the wars conclusion he returned to his home kingdom to gather what relics he could, foreseeing that the war would end in destruction. He tried to perform a ritual to save his castle but miscast, he saved his home but was imprisoned within crystal. His experience with the daemons had left him broken and paranoid so throughout his life he extensively researched how he might prevent himself from ever dying without the use of vile rituals. After his re-emergence he set about repairing the shattered lands of Tiranoc, planning an assault on the dwarf capital and finishing creating the four spells he had long worked to create.

During the sundering he and his sister who was captain of the High Princes guard fought beside the High Prince in his last stand. His sister was eventually overwhelmed by the Dark Elves and fell. He too was defeated and forced to flee. Upon his return after regaining his strength he found out, to his shame, that the high prince was dead. He took from the castle the crown of the High Prince,waiting to present it to his eventual successor. To this day he holds the crown.

*I do have a story on this website but its very silly and more of a very silly draft*
**I'm really sorry about how short and poorly written mine is, I can easily convey what I mean to say orally but it turns to mush when I set it into words**
***I removed the alignment thingy, so I didn't no I was not meant to have it***
Last edited by Laicamir on Sun May 26, 2013 7:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
The Silly Dragon

#107 Post by The Silly Dragon »

OOC: pretty sure elves can live up to 2000 years but anymore and they would need to preserve their lives through dark means. For instance i am sure Malekith and Morathi are younger then Aenarion and yet they need dark rituals to stay young (doesn't Morathi sacrifice thousands of slaves a year for her youth or some kind of dark fruit i recall being told about?). So 7000+ years could be pushing it i feel :lol:

Edit: but don't worry we can ignore that as this is our own fluff here not GWs :wink:
Laicamir

#108 Post by Laicamir »

I know, I'm sorry, I will change it if you want, I guess I was trying to hard to emulate other characters of mine and ease my fear of death. My reasoning was that he spent several thousand years where he didn't actually age and that he frequently used magic to try to sustain himself. I mean the dark elves do it and they use destructive magic and pray to a destructive god while high elves have more benevolent magic and deities.
The Silly Dragon

#109 Post by The Silly Dragon »

OOC: I have no problem with it, its your character i just thought it was strange to see a 7000 yr old elf is all. Keep him as he will have a unique perspective on arguements (Altatar would love to hear his thoughts on his Vortex if Laicamir ever had met Caledor Dragontamer).

Edit: added physical traits such as eye colour, hair colour clothes equipment etc.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#110 Post by Luna Guardian »

The Silly Dragon wrote:OOC: pretty sure elves can live up to 2000 years but anymore and they would need to preserve their lives through dark means. For instance i am sure Malekith and Morathi are younger then Aenarion and yet they need dark rituals to stay young (doesn't Morathi sacrifice thousands of slaves a year for her youth or some kind of dark fruit i recall being told about?). So 7000+ years could be pushing it i feel :lol:

Edit: but don't worry we can ignore that as this is our own fluff here not GWs :wink:
OOC: Morathi, Malekith and the renegade Vaul priest who's name I forget ate a magical fruit, granting them eternal life. Morathi bathes in blood to retain her youth and beauty. And Laicamir said that he was trapped in a crystal for X amount of years. Still, I have to agree that his natural age may be pushing it a little, since from Aenarion's coronation to the Sundering 1777 years have passed. Add to that however long he has been outside the crystal after being freed and he has to be the one of the oldest naturally living elf in memory (For comparison: Bel-Shanaar's reign lasted 1669 years. He was probably at least 500 when he ascended the throne though. Bel-Korhadris' reign lasted 1189 years. These are the only Phoenix Kings to have died of natural causes and the only ones that give us any kind of a framework for elven age).

So, Laicamir's natural age is certainly possible, but he must be at the very end of his life, surely?

EDIT: All that being said, it is an interesting piece of fluff and should make for interesting role playing. That kind of age and a touching point to the most important times in elven history would make Laicamir an extremely respected individual

The Silly Dragon

#111 Post by The Silly Dragon »

OOC: I forgot the ice crystal! #-o But yeah having an old fart boss us around and tell us how it was in his good old days is always entertaining! :mrgreen:
Last edited by The Silly Dragon on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#112 Post by Aicanor »

Name: Aicanor Nenuvar
Princess of House Nenuvar, ruler of Tor Irian
Kingdom: Saphery

Aicanor is a Princess of Saphery, a warrior mage, and once perhaps a loremistress. She has dark hair and grey eyes of the northerners and indeed it is said that one of her ancestors came from Nagarythe. Some say it was in time of the Sundering - and so the tale is told in the House Nenuvar. Some repeat rumours about her late mother, but whether she knows of those talks or not, she gives no indication.
She is still quite young, but well traveled, hsving seen most of Ulthuan's kingdoms and many foreign countries, bringing back notes and materials for study of the loremasters.

Aicanor rules old family lands in Saphery around port town of Tor Irian at the coast of the Sea of Dreams The Tower of Irian raises gracefully high above the bay, covered in blooming flowers in all seasons of the year. Surrounded by gardens and waterfalls, the tower is sometimes referred to as Tower of the Rainbow.
Looks can deceive though, Tor Irian is one of the few fortified settlements you can find on the way to the White Tower.
She has two brothers. Alcaran has love of the sea rivaling the Eataini and spends most of his days trading in foreign countries or guarding the sea lines to Ulthuan.
Tinwendal (known as Tinwal to most) is Archmage of the Tower, but recently he moved to live at Avelorn with his Avelornian wife, Lady Ilweran, and their children to find healing in the Everqueen's realm. He was lost to his family for many years, but I will not tell that story here.

So it is Aicanor governs the family lands and represents the House at the High Council of Saphery and at the Phoenix King's Court in Lothern.

At the year 138 of Finubar's rule, Dark Elves invaded Saphery Aicanor and Tinwal, deemed too young at that time to join their father at Finuval Palin, were left to defend Tor Irian against overwhelming force of Druchii and their allies. They could not prevent the enemy from marching on to the Wgite Tower, but despite fierce fighting Dark Elves could not breach the many defences of the fortress. They left a sufficient force to lay siege to Tor Irian and the main force went.
Aicanor's and Tinwal's elder brother used his naval prowess to sink as many enemies as he could to the bottom of the Sea of Dreams, but at last he sought refuge for his wounded ship. Isha's Grace, under the eaves of Avelorn forest. There, it is said, he met three elves who desperately needed a lift to Finuval plain... but that is perhaps no more than myth and legend. Their father, Prince Saicaran, fell on Finuval plain, giving his life

Meanwhile, the siege of Tor Irian continued without much hope of any help from the outside. In an act of defiance, the siblings decide to fight not only under the Nenuvar banner, the Firebloom, but also under the sign of their forfather who came of old Nagarythe - the Coiled snakes of House Thiaran.

Later, when the foe was defeated and driven from Saphery, they decided to renew family's long severed ties with the northern kingdom and took part in fighting off the remnants of Malekiths force there and forged new friendships with their long lost kin. From then on, Nagarathi travelling to the Tower are welcome in Tor Irian.
Last edited by Aicanor on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laicamir

#113 Post by Laicamir »

I will change it if you guys want, I just hate my characters in anything dying, I'm sorry, I will fix it tonight when I have time to make new backstory if that is okay?
Last edited by Laicamir on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#114 Post by Aicanor »

No need to change it I say. I do not think anyone here is going to die falling asleep in the Council chamber. :lol:
Laicamir

#115 Post by Laicamir »

Is your backstory what was written on the secret message note thing?
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#116 Post by Luna Guardian »

Laicamir wrote:I will change it if you guys want, I just hate my characters in anything dying, I'm sorry, I will fix it tonight when I have time to make new backstory if that is okay?
OOC: You don't have to change it and you don't have to apologize. His age is withing established parameters for elven lifespans (depending on when he got out of the crystal) and since GW is unlikely to ever advance the storyline at all, your character should be safe unless you advance your personal storyline (IMHO, Deral is a bit young to do what he does, but bloody Chaos incursions take part so close to each other)

The Silly Dragon

#117 Post by The Silly Dragon »

No don't change it, i like him! [-o<
Laicamir

#118 Post by Laicamir »

Excellent, thank you guys very much!
The Silly Dragon

#119 Post by The Silly Dragon »

We should start again so our characters can do a meeting and really get into the Roleplaying. Or not either way is good with me its just a suggestion.
Laicamir

#120 Post by Laicamir »

That sounds like a good idea, perhaps as they arrive at the shrine and wait to enter the council?