Rainbow Warriors - Princess of Saphery...

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Rainbow Warriors - White Lion reinforcements

#61 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

We're number one!
Aicanor wrote: Image
I love it.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Re: Rainbow Warriors - Lothern Poster boy

#62 Post by Elithmar »

Great! I love it to bits. That blue is perfect and the blue tinge on the armour... I'm speechless! :D

Do you want to paint my army? ;)
they care as much for our homeland as the rest of us!
Completely untrue! We don't give a **** about anyone else, it's always about us-

Sorry, did I say that out loud? :oops: #-o
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Aicanor
Rainbows

#63 Post by Aicanor »

Thanks! Just couldn't resist. Musician conversions are fun. :D
Elithmar of Lothern wrote:Do you want to paint my army? ;)
You are doing too well by yourself. :wink: But if you like I can give you my recipe for the armour. It is quite simple really.
Elithmar of Lothern wrote:
they care as much for our homeland as the rest of us!
Completely untrue! We don't give a **** about anyone else, it's always about us-
Sorry, did I say that out loud? :oops: #-o
Fortunately Eataine is still part of Ulthuan - as much as you Eatainii wish it was the other way around! [-X

PS: Also managed to get few hours of work on the mage girl yesterday. Very much WIP still. Comments and suggestions are very welcome!

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#64 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

So many colours, oh wait, the topic subject... =P
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#65 Post by Aicanor »

Tiralya wrote:So many colours, oh wait, the topic subject... =P
Yes, here you finally see why they are Rainbow warriors. Male soldiers are also quite colourful, but it is mostly gems and pennants. :lol:
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#66 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Saphery themed?
Aicanor
Rainbows

#67 Post by Aicanor »

Tiralya wrote:Saphery themed?
Of course. They tend to be colourful characters. :lol:
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#68 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

By colourful you mean crazy right? =P
Aicanor
Rainbows

#69 Post by Aicanor »

Tiralya wrote:By colourful you mean crazy right? =P
It is not very nice to put it this way. But yes, of course I mean crazy. :wink:
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#70 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Living in a flying city is defined as crazy, I'm sure ^_^
Aicanor
Rainbows

#71 Post by Aicanor »

Tiralya wrote:Living in a flying city is defined as crazy, I'm sure ^_^
Not as common as it used to be, sadly. And it is no more crazy than sailing the ocean. Should I make a thread named Sapherians: How crazy they really are? in High Elf Culture section? :wink:
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#72 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

HaHa~ Well played m'Lady! The Yvressii have their own thread, why not you guys too!
Aicanor
Rainbows

#73 Post by Aicanor »

Tiralya wrote:HaHa~ Well played m'Lady! The Yvressii have their own thread, why not you guys too!
I'll think about it. :wink:
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#74 Post by Elithmar »

The colours on the robes have nice blending. :)

If you lot get a thread too, us Eatainians need one. Something like How Rich Are You?

Or how arrogant in Elithmar's case. ;)
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#75 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Could start up the old Alliance of Wisdom and Arts again, the member kingdoms were Saphery, Eataine and Yvresse...
Aicanor
Rainbows

#76 Post by Aicanor »

I am all for the alliance of course. Do you know of one Highelven alliance without Sapherian presence? :lol:
But now the topic should be named: How crazy are the Sapherii, how rich *ehem* are the Eatainii and are Yvressii really so grim?
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#77 Post by Elithmar »

Sure, I'm all for it! I don't know what happened with the Alliance, but it certainly seems a good idea.

Perhaps Mr Tiralya could describe what happened with the Alliance when it was active?
Aicanor
Rainbows

#78 Post by Aicanor »

Yes, let Lord Elessehta explain the terms of this alliance.

Some more work on the mage to keep this thread on topic. :wink:

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#79 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the old usergroups were set up as an area for the Elves of the different kingdoms to do planning and development for the website campaigns.
I'm liking your Princess of Saphery more and more each time you do an update ^_^
Caradryal

#80 Post by Caradryal »

Looking great aicanor!
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=46653]New Blog - Warlock of the Black Tower(8th Edition)[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=49906]Ogre Blog - The Manglegut Tribe[/url]

[color=#000000]Caradryal's Host (HE) W 1 D 0 L 1[/color]
[color=#FF0000]The Manglegut Tribe (Ogres) W 3 D0 L2[/color]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#81 Post by Aicanor »

Thanks! I hope that next time I touch her with a brush it will also be for the better.
Tiralya wrote:I'm not 100% sure, but I think the old usergroups were set up as an area for the Elves of the different kingdoms to do planning and development for the website campaigns.
It sounds like the structure of the site changed quite a lot from that time. But perhaps a thread could be dedicated to different kingdoms' fluff (stereotypes, book lore and individual opinions).
What about:Traveler's guide to Ulthuan? First question that comes to mind: Why there are so many kingdoms and (almost) no kings?
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#82 Post by Prince of Spires »

Aicanor wrote:Thanks! I hope that next time I touch her with a brush it will also be for the better.
Tiralya wrote:I'm not 100% sure, but I think the old usergroups were set up as an area for the Elves of the different kingdoms to do planning and development for the website campaigns.
It sounds like the structure of the site changed quite a lot from that time. But perhaps a thread could be dedicated to different kingdoms' fluff (stereotypes, book lore and individual opinions).
What about:Traveler's guide to Ulthuan? First question that comes to mind: Why there are so many kingdoms and (almost) no kings?
A traveler's guide would be cool. I think you could easily find a place for them in the HE culture subforum.

As for your question, the reason is that the name kingdom is not 100% acurate. They are more princedoms, but that sounds too silly for GW to use in a book. So each kingdom would have a ruling prince. These princes together make up the high council which in turn elects the phoenix king.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#83 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Yea I don't consider Yvresse a kingdom, Ulthuan is really a group of principalities. It's not even a tight group if you read enough fluff. A Travellers Guide to Ulthuan, I love it! One thing that bothers me a little fluffwise, Saphery is an inner kingdom, and important, but the capital is hardly mentioned at all in GW stuff, I think I've read about it in a Black Library book or two but that's it. I know it's a magical floating city so placing it on a map would be difficult but still...
Have you come up with any Saphery fluff Aicanor ?
Aicanor
Rainbows

#84 Post by Aicanor »

rdghuizing wrote: A traveler's guide would be cool. I think you could easily find a place for them in the HE culture subforum.
I will put some basics together and then we can discuss it and add new (and old) fluff. It will probably take a few days.
rdghuizing wrote:As for your question, the reason is that the name kingdom is not 100% acurate. They are more princedoms, but that sounds too silly for GW to use in a book. So each kingdom would have a ruling prince. These princes together make up the high council which in turn elects the phoenix king.
We'll have to write it off as bad translation into Reikspiel I guess. :lol:
Tiralya wrote:Yea I don't consider Yvresse a kingdom, Ulthuan is really a group of principalities. It's not even a tight group if you read enough fluff. A Travellers Guide to Ulthuan, I love it! One thing that bothers me a little fluffwise, Saphery is an inner kingdom, and important, but the capital is hardly mentioned at all in GW stuff, I think I've read about it in a Black Library book or two but that's it. I know it's a magical floating city so placing it on a map would be difficult but still...
I don't think Saphery is kingdom of many true cities. The Tower of Hoeth is undisputed center of Saphery even if it is not a capital. The flying one was Sapheton and it seems it didn't survive the Sundering.
Tiralya wrote:Have you come up with any Saphery fluff Aicanor ?

I have some idea of my Prince's family history, but nothing fully formed yet. He lives in Tor Irian, small port city by the Sea of Dreams. He was a companion of Finubar the Seafarer on his travels and even now can't stay at one place for long. One of his ancestors was a Naggarothi (pre-Sundering) and the family still has ties with the old kingdom (unlike other lands Nagarythe could be called a kingdom at one time, perhaps other Princes couldn't bear that? :lol: ). But I am still working on something truly Sapherian in the story.

The mage girl is slowly starting to look like Lady Nenuvar (I will soon have to come up with a name for her):

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#85 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Sapheton? I think the one I recall was called Sapherion, and now that I think about it it may have been in an old campaign book, not Black Library.
The only thing I don't like about your Princess, is the sword.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#86 Post by Aicanor »

I checked the book and we were probably both wrong, it is Saphetion. #-o
Tiralya wrote:The only thing I don't like about your Princess, is the sword.
Do you mean how it is painted or would you like to see it removed entirely?
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#87 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

It's the shape of the blade, reminds me of those Lord of the Rings Elves, She's a Princess of Saphery, get her a great sword! HaHa~ I say this but it's all opinion ^_^
Aicanor
Rainbows

#88 Post by Aicanor »

Tiralya wrote:It's the shape of the blade, reminds me of those Lord of the Rings Elves, She's a Princess of Saphery, get her a great sword! HaHa~ I say this but it's all opinion ^_^
Unlike others, she is no Swordmistress. :wink:
I am not too happy with the sabre myself, but I didn't find any replacement that would look better. I managed to finish (or almost finish her). Tried to do some directional lighting and I am sure I will find lots of things that need fixing tommorow.

Lady Ilweran Nenuvar va Tor Irian, Loremistress of the White Tower

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Rainbow Warriors - Loremistress

#89 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

A lovely name for a lovely maiden, is that as much fluff as you're going to make up for her?
Weapons are easy enough to replace, just keep your eye out for something cool, I think she would look fine indeed with a Yvressi Great Spear resting on her shoulder ^_^
Aicanor
Rainbows

Re: Rainbow Warriors - Loremistress

#90 Post by Aicanor »

Tiralya wrote:A lovely name for a lovely maiden, is that as much fluff as you're going to make up for her?
There will be more. But I suspect she is my Archmage's wife.
Tiralya wrote:Weapons are easy enough to replace, just keep your eye out for something cool, I think she would look fine indeed with a Yvressi Great Spear resting on her shoulder ^_^
This one is not easy to replace because the scale is a little off. I do not want to do new weapon from scratch, it is really not that bad. But perhaps I could steal your Paladin's trident. :wink: