High Elf ship

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

High Elf ship

#1 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

hey, I have Seaguard, I have RBTs, I want a ship. Does anyone know anything about HE ships, I need to know how big it'll need to be?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

Re: High Elf ship

#2 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Yes I do, Here they are.... :D

Concepts. (From 5th to 7th/8th edition.)
This one is the rough Sizing I worked out from Real-life Ship to Warhamer scale (shooting scale), and Deck Space Diagrams, notice the scale at the top left of the page.
This one is an olde pic from my 4th ed army book.
This is a refined pic from my 6th ed army book. (I made a Ship like this one, Ill see if i can find a cord for my camera or phone, and upload a pic or two for you.. :D )

Hope this helps. Let me know...
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#3 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Holy ship! Champion! I have a mate who's going to do the modeling for me, I'm sure this will be a big help.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#4 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Apologies for the very crappy quality, its on the Ipod touch Camera, (for some reason they looked alot better on the ipod, :? :wink: :lol: )
Anyway here they are, pics of my Elven Ship (I made it to scale for the Hawk Ship, [the smallest one])
Oh and dont use Tape AT ALL, esp; masking/packing tape, it's horrid.... #-o [-X :cry: :(

FULL
SIDE
DRAGON HEAD FIGURE
DECK
TAIL FIGURE
MAST ETC...
WITH MODELS FOR SIZE COMPARISON

If you wanted to know the Dimentions:
Length (from bow point to tail): 28.5"
Width: 6"
Height (to mast tip): 16.5"
Height (to dragon horns figure): 13"
Mast: 13.75"
Mainsail Top Boom (front): 17.25"
Rear Boom: 11.5"
Gaff (top rear boom): 7.75"
Deck: 14.5" x 6" (5.25" at front, 4.25" at rear)

Made out of cardboard (thin), and balsa wood, dodgy tape, cereal box card, and a Polystyrene foam core (the card is layered around the foam base), the sides were/are one piece each side, the tail and Dagon head figures were carved out of single pieces of balsa (with the exception of the fins on the dragon head), and the deck (paneling) was carved out of two pieces of flat balsa
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#5 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Impressive, an unfinished project or just a long term one? The dimensions will be a great help, pretty sure my mate has his own ideas about design, but the drawing and pictures are so much more helpful then googling Man O War pics. This is the smallest one you say? How big would a Dragonship be... ye gads it would be immense! Surely you could plaster over the tape or something. I don't know that the model will get used in gameplay, maybe a scenario with a landing or something, but with the Seaguard and Bolt Throwers I think I ship would just fit in so well. Maybe i could make it a fluffy army too, I'm gonna have to come up with a story for it.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#6 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Yeah,... a work in "not so much anymore, since I looked at the tape a few months back" Project, Since it is/was a Proto-type, I want to re-do it with a better design, more Elven Sloop Ship, than Elven Viking Dragon Ship... :wink:

Yeah I had/have plans to do 4-6 Hawk Ships (roughly the same size: around 26" long x 6" wide/possibly a Catamaran, possibly with a building/house), 2 Eagle Ships (about 36" long x 8" wide/possibly a Trimaran, with a building/s of some sort), and 1 "Immense" Dragon Ship (about 52" long x 12" wide/possibly a Quadramaran, with a small town), And a (Port City) Display board for them to go on... just need Money, and Time, lots and lots of Time.... :)
Last edited by Asurion Whitestar on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#7 Post by SpellArcher »

That ship is beautiful.

Looks like something discovered in an ancient tomb somewhere!
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#8 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

SpellArcher wrote:That ship is beautiful.

Looks like something discovered in an ancient tomb somewhere!
Thanks, having it in front of me again, makes me want to finish it/re-make it.... :lol:
Last edited by Asurion Whitestar on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#9 Post by SpellArcher »

The slenderness and the shallow bottom remind me of Minoan ships and others from that era.

Always felt there was something elfin about the Minoans. Some kind of chariot army project always appealed to me.
Elaithnir

#10 Post by Elaithnir »

Hmmm. To help the OP, in last year's Island of Blood and Plastic kit launch issues are pics of scratchbuilt Elf ships...
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#11 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Elaithnir wrote:Hmmm. To help the OP, in last year's Island of Blood and Plastic kit launch issues are pics of scratchbuilt Elf ships...
Can't have too many pictures to work off, actually I'm pretty sure my mate who is going to do the modeling for me was working of those images thanks.