Banner of Ellyrion BSB on a Chariot?

Discuss your tactics for the 7th Ed army book here, together with tactics for other races.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Act of God

Banner of Ellyrion BSB on a Chariot?

#1 Post by Act of God »

Title says it all, can a BSB carrying the Banner of Ellyrion riding a Tiranoc Chariot move through difficult terrain without smashing his chariot to bits? I would think so, but this is GW, so you never know.
orka

Re: Banner of Ellyrion BSB on a Chariot?

#2 Post by orka »

No, you treat it as open ground for movement only.
You would get no movement penalty, but still getting hit.
Blue
I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Deroga

#3 Post by Deroga »

orka wrote:No, you treat it as open ground for movement only.
are we sure? im at work so dont have the book at hand, but how is it worded? I would like to beleive that you would still take the hits too, but worth looking into i suppose.
Act of God

#4 Post by Act of God »

Deroga wrote:
are we sure? im at work so dont have the book at hand, but how is it worded? I would like to beleive that you would still take the hits too, but worth looking into i suppose.
The book states, "The unit treats difficult ground as open ground for purposes of movement.", BRB pg 62, in the chariot movement section, states "If a chariot moves through any kind of difficlut terrain, the chariot sustains d6 s6 hits. Orka's point does make sense, but, if the ground is not difficult because of the effects of the banner, it would also make sense that the chariot doesn't take the hits because the ground it's travelling over is not difficult but open.
Deroga

#5 Post by Deroga »

Act of God wrote:
Deroga wrote:
The book states, "The unit treats difficult ground as open ground for purposes of movement.", BRB pg 62, in the chariot movement section, states "If a chariot moves through any kind of difficlut terrain, the chariot sustains d6 s6 hits. Orka's point does make sense, but, if the ground is not difficult because of the effects of the banner, it would also make sense that the chariot doesn't take the hits because the ground it's travelling over is not difficult but open.

Yeah..im thinking that it sounds like you would not take any hits, based on the wording of the Elly Banner.
Act of God

#6 Post by Act of God »

Deroga wrote:Yeah..im thinking that it sounds like you would not take any hits, based on the wording of the Elly Banner.
Sounds sneaky, I may have to try this out some day.
pk-ng

#7 Post by pk-ng »

you don't take hits. i remember we had this discussion before....
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
Act of God

#8 Post by Act of God »

pk-ng wrote:you don't take hits. i remember we had this discussion before....
Wonderful news, as for the previous discussion, I tried finding my answer using the search function, but I couldn't find the discussion. My bad. About that previous discussion, has anyone here used this in their list, and if so, how well did it perform?
Palinux

#9 Post by Palinux »

Think the best part will be the opponents face when you move the chariot through the woods :)
pk-ng

#10 Post by pk-ng »

Act of God wrote:
Wonderful news, as for the previous discussion, I tried finding my answer using the search function, but I couldn't find the discussion. My bad. About that previous discussion, has anyone here used this in their list, and if so, how well did it perform?
I won't use it as I think it doesn't justify the cost. 230ish just for a chariot to go through woods? I rather spend BSB on something more useful. At least in a tournament environment. For giggles maybe...
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
Act of God

#11 Post by Act of God »

pk-ng wrote:
Act of God wrote:
I won't use it as I think it doesn't justify the cost. 230ish just for a chariot to go through woods? I rather spend BSB on something more useful. At least in a tournament environment. For giggles maybe...
Oh of course, I totally agree that it's not really worth it's points, and it's not worth taking to a tournament, but I am planning at some point to drop this one onto one of my friends for shits and giggles.
GruPax

#12 Post by GruPax »

put your bsb with ellyrion banner on an eagle instead :p, way cooler to fly through woods