Blood Ties - Play Thread

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

The Darkness

Re: Blood Ties - Play Thread

#61 Post by The Darkness »

OOC - sorry for being absent. I've been snowed under with piles of homework and assignments. I'll try get a bit more organised so I can post more regularly.

IC - Whilst the others surveyed what left of the foes and raised some dead for questioning Josef fought to overcome the Varghulf that had come to bare in the midst of combat. After ferasting on the flech and blood of the halberdiers and swordsmen around him his body began to ripple and his mind sharpen. Letting out another cry his form shrunk, fur receding and mighty claws that had ripped flesh from bone changed to hands. The wolflike face began to reform and before long Josef was vaguely recognisable as the Vampire he'd been earlier on. His eyes were still a mirrored black pit and his teeth were still abnormally large but they would revert back to normal within the hour. Rising from his knees he reached between his canines and removed a pice of flesh that hung loosly before moving his way between the corpses, his eyes still staring at them hungrily.

"Tis a shame to waste such so much flesh." he said to himself quietly. Seeing the others gathered around her made his way over to them to see the end of what looked like an interrorgation of the undead. "Seems you've been busy whilst I fed. I hope what ever it was you learned was worth getting without me." He looked at the others one by one before shifting his gaze to the body of the witch hunter. These mortals really are quite a pathetic lot. If they just stood down they might have walked away as servants rather than ending up dead.

"Oh Nero, I don't need a horse to get me about swiftly. I think I can keep at a reasonable speed for the rest of you without one."
[b]Azazel Fellmane, The Black Pearl of Anar[/b]
[b]Champion of Oblivion[/b]
[b]Fashion Guru of Chaos[/b]
Elven Skins Flayed: 240
36/4/4

[b][u]The Confused Barbarian... Lost in the the seas near Lustria.[/u][/b]
cidracin

#62 Post by cidracin »

Lukas looked down at the letter that Montel was holding in his hand. Even at this distance Lukas's senses were able to percieve, if only the slightly, the presence of the same blod that was also found in his own letter. "It seems that my first impression was correct and all of you are involved in this lettter businesss. I will accompany you all on this journey, for the time being at least. I sense that this endeavour will give me ample oppurtunity to test my martial skills and might."

Lukas now turns his attention to Nero's and Douru's interrogation of the witch hunter's undead torso and the discussion that followed. "Though my necromantic skills pale in comparison to many of yours, I am more than capable of maintaning my own mount. We should set out now while the night is still young."
Cidracin Greyrider 12/14/3
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
Illidan Hellforge

#63 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Montel nodded to Lukas and Kemsênefer, pleased that possible hostilities had been averted for the time being. Fighting and arguing while the prize was slipping their grasp would be a bad idea after all.

"A group of mounted vampires will certainly not stay unnoticed, but it seems we have no choice. I care not for a horse, considering I am just as swift without one." He spoke briefly.

Nuln was no unfamiliar territory to the Lahmian. He had visited the place plenty of times and knew his way about the place. If they had indeed arrived too late to catch the caravan Montel would find his way to it without much effort.
[size=75]Illidan:I can't do anything about it! It's a proven fact that men think of sex at least every 20 seconds. >_>
Mel'Reyna: hehe
Mel'Reyna:i only think about it every 21 seconds
Mel'Reyna: :D[/size]
Amun-Lothain

#64 Post by Amun-Lothain »

Doru was preoccupied, thinking about the words of the Witch Hunter. Books… what books? What could they be that would prompt the Bretonians and Imperials to go to such lengths to protect them?

He was glad that the others had not lost their enthusiasm. They would continue on to claim their prize. Well, most of them. Doru watched as Sturm di Matar shook his head upon hearing the news that they had been deceived. Without a word, the Blood Dragon sheathed his sword and turned, walking back down the road, the way he had come. Doru shouted his name. Sturm looked over his shoulder, frowning. “This quest is folly. I will not waste more of my time.” He continued on, and Doru knew there would be no arguing with the vampire. No matter, he would surely regret it later, when the rest of them had found the prize.

Doru went back to the others. Thankfully, there didn’t seem to be any conflict with the newcomers, and everyone seemed focused on the task ahead. Doru found a suitable horse for himself among the wagons. “We go, but we should use caution. We cannot travel far by day, so we should prepare for the likely chance that the caravan will reach Nuln before we do. And that may even work in our favor, they will think themselves safe once they enter the city.

Once ready, they set off down the narrow road. The road through the mountains was rough, but eventually the ground began to level. The path eventually met, and ran alongside the River Sol, which merged with the Reik before it passed through the city. On the third night, they were within sight of Nuln. Closer, within the trees near the river, there was light and noise, music. Nuln was a center for trade, many merchants and travelers would be encamped along the road. Doru called for a halt and gathered the others together. Daybreak was a few hours away, not enough time to reach the city, let alone find a way in and a safe place to hide. Doru swung out of his saddle. He had never been much of a rider in life, and even in death he could imagine himself feeling saddle sore after the long ride.

We cannot make it into the city tonight. We should rest here and plan our entry.” He indicated the camp in the distance with a smile. “Our fellow travelers might provide us with a bed, and perhaps a drink.

As the vampires made their way towards the fires, Doru could make out wagons, but they were different from the kind often seen traveling the roads. These were brightly painted, with colorful decorations. Doru tried to recall where he had seen wagons like that before… Strigany. Yes, that was what they were called. They were nomads, traveling the lands of the Old World, peddling trinkets, charms and other goods. They practiced fortune telling and potion making. The townspeople regarded them with suspicion and curiosity in equal measures. There was something else… Doru tried to recall what he knew of their history. The name, Strigany… ah yes, they came from Strigos, the land that Ushoran had fled to and came to rule over. When Mourkain was destroyed and Ushoran fell, they were forced to wander in exile. An idea came to Doru as they neared the camp. He called for the others to stop. “I recognize these wagons, they are Strigany, wandering folk. Josef, these people descend from those your bloodline once ruled. The tales say they still worship the Strigoi, they call your kind the Old Fathers, I believe. Perhaps we could use that to our advantage in some way.” Doru hungered after the journey, as he was sure the others did, but he held his urges in check. These people could be useful.
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1459/lvl1.jpg[/img]
Setesh Akhen-Isfet, Commander of the Heralds of Oblivion
NoOoDLe

#65 Post by NoOoDLe »

Before they left Nero decided it would be unwise to travel these lands looking like something that has just crept up from a crypt bare to the elements for thousands of years. So his rasping voice tainted the air once more before they left. The Lahmian spell coming out crooked but effective as he morphed his sickening image to one of relative attraction. He'd never be as pretty as a lahmian but then again, he didn't desire such a thing.

With a flick of his wrist one of the fallen steeds raised itself from the ground, the wounds that scarred it slowly closing up and vanishing as Nero muttered a final spell before taking his seat on the unliving steed. Then they took off. For several days Nero traveled through lands that brought back memories of his past amongst the living.

When they arrived near the city of Nuln they halted. Strigany encampments were fixed along the road they were using.. Interesting.. This could indeed be a rather pleasant surprise. Nero thought. Lets hope the strigoi beast is not too stupid for this plan... He continued, in his more private thought section..
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
KamikazeGoblin

#66 Post by KamikazeGoblin »

Kemsênefer bowed her head slightly, muttering an incantation.

"My necromancy eez not up to par vith vhat it normally eez. However, I can raise a horse for a few hours."

After the horse was risen from the dirt, she mounted herself on - She was not a graceful rider, and she almost fell off on many occasions before they reached the camp. Finally, to her relief, the other vampires stopped. She eyed the camp, listening to Dorus' words.

"Hmm. Yes. Zhat plan could work. But do you not zhink zhey vould be suspicious of other bloodlines travellink alongside zhis Strigoi? It's a risky one. Ve could ofcourse vait until they are asleep and just take zheir lives and supplies zhere and zhen."

She shook her head slightly at her own words, however.

"But I suppose you vould not suggest such a zhing unless you truly believed it vould vork... and also zhat ve vill not get far by only using violence alone."
LordAnubis

#67 Post by LordAnubis »

Anais had watched the Blood Dragon depart with as much expression as she might present when told that it was raining outside. Her thoughts were much the same as the elder von Carstein’s although she did not know it – that one less vampire meant a lesser number amongst which to share whatever this prize might be. There seemed to be more than sufficient of them for the lesser bloodlines to take the risks while she and Doru took the prize – presuming that the elder did not simply take it all for himself. It was a risk worth taking, she reminded herself, given that she was but a diplomat and no match in combat or sorcery for several of those gathered here. Instead, she would have to rely on her intelligence.

The three nights that they rode passed swiftly. It was not an experience to be enjoyed, but Anais was skilled enough to be at least comfortable in the saddle, even if she was forced to restrain her urge to smirk at the inability of the Lahmian woman to even remain atop the undead steed for any length of time. It really was quite pitiful, but then she was a master at keeping what she really thought hidden behind a mask of neutral indifference. She had worn such a mask since joining this group, and she did not – would not – let it slip now.

By the time that they stopped, Anais could feel her hunger as an aching throb in the pit of her stomach and her soul, but she reigned her horse in next to Doru’s and stared at the nomadic camp laid out before them. It was not until the other von Carstein spoke that she realised who they were – she had heard of the Strigany but never seen any – and the historian in her was quietly fascinated by the chance to see something that she had only read about. Of course, it would not stop her from drinking her fill from one, but it appeared that Doru had a plan.

Still, she had her reservations about using the Strigoi in any form of plan that required subtlety. Whatever connection these humans had to the bestial vampires was unlike to outlast the creature ripping into them. Further, with the city and its guards close, they could not afford any suspicion being turned on the area. Despite that though, she remained silent, waiting to see how the beast took the idea. If it all went to pieces, perhaps the more human seeming vampires could still make their own ways into Nuln. She really did need to find a moment to speak in private with Doru and, perhaps, also with Montel...
[img]http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/Veherzak/ChaosUndivided001.jpg[/img]
[b]Rezaile the Puppet Master[/b] - 30/8/6 - 340 kills
Herald of Oblivion
Lord of Twilight on the High Council of the Everchosen
High Prince of Yvresse
cidracin

#68 Post by cidracin »

Lukas watches dissapointed as the Blood Dragon named Sturm leaves the group. Upon his arrival, Lukas had felt some small comfort in having a kinsmen among this varied group of vampires. While there was no gurantee that Sturm would become a close ally to Lukas at least he like virtually all Blood Dragons was direct and a warrior of honour. With Sturm's departure Lukas is now alone in a group of scheming twofaced undead. The two VonCartsteins would surely be plotting and trying to manipulate the other members of the group like the rest of their infamous bloodline. The Lahmians and the Necharch could not be trusted much more then Doru and Anais, especialy the young Montel. Much to his chagrin, Lukas knows that his best ally in this group is the savage Strigori. Lukas makes a mental note to try his best not to offend the simple minded brute.

Lukas quickly raises a steed for himself with the ease of one with centuries of practice, his small necromantic talent s powerful enough to animate the horse without any difficulties throughout the three day journey. The journey is not nearly as long or unpleasent as many of those that Lukas has had over his long existence. Some of the others do not fare so well on the journey and he looks down upon these vampires feeling contempt at their weakness although he does not say anything.

The only effect of the journey is that Lukas begins to fell the first more strongly again although with his discipline he can last for several more days without being seriously weakened. I don't see how these Strigany can be of much aid to us. They are of little influence and are mistrusted by the city's people. I suggest that we infiltrate their camp and take three or four to refresh ourselves and the proceed into the city. The city watch will not care if a hadful of Strigany disappear.

OOC Sorry I took so long to post but finals are close and I have been rather busy.
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
Amun-Lothain

#69 Post by Amun-Lothain »

Doru shrugged. "We could do as Kemsênefer and Lukas suggest, I merely thought it would make our entrance into the city easier. If Josef cannot command them, perhaps one of us could be more persuasive. Either way, we cannot be caught out here by the city guard when the sun rises."

OOC: Darkness hasn't been around for a while, I'd imagine he's been busy like many of us with finals and such. If he doesn't post soon, someone else is welcome to try and negotiate, and then of course there's the option of just killing them, its all up to you :wink:
Illidan Hellforge

#70 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

If Montel had still been alive he would have probably died on the spot from exhaustion; the marathon he just ran being an impossible feat for a human. The only thing the vampire felt because of it was a very dry feeling in his mouth. He would need to feed soon.

Montel had been listening to the current discussion with only mild interest, he would find his way into the city one way or another after all. Upon the mentioning of persuasion his eyes glinted however, assessing the situation with renewed interest. Convincing the Strigany to help a Strigoi and his comrades would pose a challenge and the Lahmian was always up to testing his abilities. If he would manage to talk some drops of their blood into his throat that would be a very welcome additional prize.

"I believe it is time to see how much the strigany honour their heritage and traditions." Montel spoke to no one in particular, deciding it was best to break the indecisiveness.

He stalked towards the encampment, his intent to speak up when he was in the midst of the Strigany.

Montel approaches the camp using Like a Shadow and when he is in the midst of the camp he will attempt to convince the Strigany using Mind Control.
[size=75]Illidan:I can't do anything about it! It's a proven fact that men think of sex at least every 20 seconds. >_>
NoOoDLe

#71 Post by NoOoDLe »

Nero smacked his now fully pretty flawlessly formed forehead with his hand as the Lahmian spoke his mind and sneaked off.

"What in the 'effing hell are you... Nevermind." Nero said, his voice unrecognizable due to the lahmian spell that lay upon it. What does the youngling think he's doing? They'll kill him.. Or try to at least.. He thought.

Now there were two options. Either the blood deprived Lahmian would convince the Strigany, an amazing feat that was unlikely to happen due to the effect of blood deprivation on the kid's powers and the fact that the Strigany are unlikely to like the presence of other blood lines.. They might've tolerated the beast but a Lahmian.. Doubtful..

Nero prepares for a massacre using Unholy Cynosure to bolster his might.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
LordAnubis

#72 Post by LordAnubis »

Anais frowned thoughtfully as Montel effectively solved the argument by stalking off towards the camp alone. The Strigoi was clearly not feeling up to the difficult work of pretending to be any more than a beast, and the rest of them apparently felt that it was easier to just sneak in through the tunnels like some pathetic vermin, perhaps, rather than to take advantage of the potential that was before them. How very like a Blood Dragon, she thought, to see value only in swords and armour. Fortunately, the younger Lahmian had clearer vision it seemed.

Then the Necrarch spoke up, and she had to resist the urge to roll her eyes, instead flicking a sideways glance at Doru who seemed content to let the matter resolve itself. Well, she was not. If Montel was going to try and persuade the Strigany to remember their traditions, then he might need her help. It was certainly better than sitting here, listening to the others gone on about how it was futile and pointless and so on. She had not realised that elder vampires were quite so... unwilling to consider any other option than taking blood through force or scouring their enemies from the world with excessive amounts of arcane power. How very pathetic. She glanced at Doru again, wondering if he would make a move, but he had not yet.

Seeing that none of the rest had made a move to support Montel, she nudged her horse forward slowly towards the encampment, clicking her tongue quietly in annoyance as she went. This could have been so much easier. The von Carstein intended to arrive after he had already revealed himself, using her skills at persuasion to add to his. She would show the other vampires that she was hardly the least useful of them here, given that she knew more than a little about the Empire and its people. Further, the von Carsteins were the preeminent bloodline and, if Doru was too busy, it fell to her to make sure that their contribution to this little enterprise was maintained. Let the others kill and kill and kill - politics and diplomacy were her arena and she would not be upstaged by any Lahmian.

At the edge of the Strigany encampment, she reigned her horse in and dismounted, leaving the undead steed where it was and keeping her hands carefully in view. She hardly needed the weapons to be dangerous, but then the Strigany did not know that.

Anais is going to join Montel in the centre of the camp and use Dark Majesty to assist his attempts to persuade the Strigany.
[img]http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/Veherzak/ChaosUndivided001.jpg[/img]
[b]Rezaile the Puppet Master[/b] - 30/8/6 - 340 kills
Herald of Oblivion
Lord of Twilight on the High Council of the Everchosen
High Prince of Yvresse
cidracin

#73 Post by cidracin »

A wave of annoyance passes through Lukas as he watches the young Montel begins his approach in attempt to persuade the Strigany to give the thirsty group of vampires assistance. During his long travels Lukas has encountered the Strigany before and knows that they can be very paranoid about outsiders. Matters only get worse when the diplomat Anais sets out to follow Montel into camp. From a tactical point of view the situation is not good, two of the weakest warriors in the group were heading towards the center of a potentially hostile camp without having fed in three days. Deciding that they will need a skilled and expirienced blade close by if things go wrong, Lukas heads towards the camp and catches up with Anais.
Lukas heads towards the camp with Anais and will use Great Traveller to assist in convincing the Strigany to aid them if needed.
NoOoDLe

#74 Post by NoOoDLe »

"Yeah of course.. Make them think we're coming in large numbers so we're even more of a threat.." Nero muttered as Anais and Lukas took off for the camp as well.

"It seems some of us are driven to lunacy by the blood deprivation..." He continued as he watched as no less than three bloodlines other than the bloodline they needed approached the camp to try to convince these people.

"Have they really forgotten what we did to the Strigany? Do they really think that they are going to be convinced to let an entire warparty of Vampires of various bloodlines join with them...?" Nero muttered, sinking into his own thoughts for a bit before remembering what he was doing, which was preparing for the massacre that now threatened not one foolish bloodsucker but three..
KamikazeGoblin

#75 Post by KamikazeGoblin »

((OOC note: Hww annoying, I made a post before this one but it appears to have not showed up. How very strange :/))

Kemsênefer watched, annoyed, as the three vampires went into the camp. If but one of them had gone in, perhaps things would have planned out better. But three?.

"Zhe arrogance of some knows no boundaries, it vould appear." Kemsênefer muttered quietly to herself, though unsure and uncaring if others were in earshot, for the other three obviously knew what was best. "Vhe should have come up with a plan, or a disguise, or a story or however you vould vish to vord it. For now we must rely on the improvisation skills of zhese three. I'd like to see zhem explain about zhe other vampires zhat are behind zhem "peacefully". If zhat eez even possible now." She muttered, a bit louder, perhaps hoping that one other vampire would hear.
Amun-Lothain

#76 Post by Amun-Lothain »

Doru didn’t have a chance to protest as Montel slipped off towards the camp. Of course, there weren’t many options open to them anyways, and perhaps the Lahmian, with his powers of influence, could actually succeed. He was surprised again when Anais and then Lukas set off after Montel. He agreed with Nero and Kemsênefer, it would have been better if just one of them had gone, and with a well thought out plan. He shrugged. “Think of it this way; either this works, and we gain entrance to the city, or it fails and we at least get a meal out of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Montel approached the Strigany encampment. The brightly painted wagons were arranged in a wide circle. Scattered within the circle were tents and cook fires. The Strigany themselves bustled about, tending to nightly chores while others gathered in groups, singing songs and telling tales of their lost kingdom and their years of exile. There was nothing to indicate to Montel that he had been noticed until a deep voice spoke with a heavy accent. “You go no further, gajo.” Montel froze. A man, tall and well muscled, stepped from the shadows of a nearby wagon. The blunderbuss he carried looked like a small cannon, its wide barrel pointed at Montel’s face.

Domnu Boldo, that is no way to treat our guests.” An elderly woman joined the man, the authority in her voice at odds with her frail figure. She fixed Montel with a stare that made even the strong willed Lahmian want to look away. “He is shilmulo, the walking dead, your gun will not kill him.

Then it will slow him down so I can put stake through his heart, Petru.” The man growled.

Perhaps, but what of his friends? And the city guard? A fight will only attract attention… and trouble, that we do not need.” The old woman motioned Montel forwards while Boldo slowly lowered his weapon. “Yes, we know about you and your companions. If you had intended kill us, you would have already done so. That means you want something.” She smiled. “And the Strigany are always willing to bargain. Tell your two companions, and any others, if they are out there," she scanned the darkness beyond the camp, "to come forward and introduce themselves, and we may speak.

The old woman waited for Anais and Lukas to join them. She led them to a small fire at the edge of the camp, and motioned for them all to sit. Boldo remained standing, blunderbuss resting in his arms. “I am the petru Tsura. The ill-mannered fellow with the gun is our domnu, Boldo. Tell us, what is it you want, and why should we help those who betrayed our ancestors?
NoOoDLe

#77 Post by NoOoDLe »

Nero pondered over the situation for a moment. He heard most of the conversation and it seemed the Strigany were attempting to be discrete. With his staff still crackling under the immense arcane power surge he gestured to get the attention of the others that stood with him in the darkness.

"The humans are being discrete, we should join them to return our discretion on the matter. In other words, show ourselves in full force rather then have the advance guard barter for us." He spoke to the group gathered around him.

Nero strode over to the fire, disliking the feeling of actually walking to move instead of floating in spectral form. He cared little over what the others thought, although he would appreciate the beast coming over. When he arrived he spoke once again.

"I heard an invitation to show ourselves, I'm inclined to reply with equal discretion on this matter. Although, there is no reason why you should help us other than for the same reason our Strigoi friend.." Nero pointed at the poorly concealed hulking shape of Josef. "Is helping us in our little endeavor." Nero continued before awaiting a reply or maybe an addition to the conversation by either those present or those that might've followed in his wake.
Illidan Hellforge

#78 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Montel's expression was blank as Boldo warned him, though he was cursing inwardly. A mere human had managed to spot him in the dark, before the vampire had even acknowledged the man's existence. Before he had the time to either lunge at the man's throat or disappear into the night a second person approached. It was a frail woman at first glance, but Montel could sense the air of authority she had within the group.

Montel's observations were more than confirmed as Tsura locked gaze with the vampire; he couldn't sense the woman's emotions or intentions and it almost seemed like she was reading his own. The Petru managed to unnerve him, a feeling he hadn't felt in a long while. Where his powers were normally taken for granted, everything seemed to be going the hard way on this mission. Things were out of the ordinary, and while it was annoying for the Lahmian at the moment it also interesting.

Tsura replied to Boldo's aggressive attitude with a clarity that surprised him. From this point on she had earned Montel's respect entirely. Where the Lahmian viewed humans as cattle, the Strigany had something special about them. Of course, they were all food in the end, but thus far this woman had shown more character and wisdom than one could probably find in the entirety of Nuln. As he was motioned forward, the Lahmian bowed politely, showing respect to the Petru.

As Montel sat down and heard Nero speak, he was confident the rest would follow. When the Necrarch was finished, the Lahmian locked gaze with Tsura again. It unnerved him the first time and she probably knew that, which made it all the more reason for the Lahmian to do so again. This was not the time for tricks or deceit, but this time he would have to combine his eloquent nature with honesty. His voice reflected that as he spoke; his tone was ever light in intention, but this was no time for games.

"First of all I would like to compliment the wisdom and strength you display, Tsura, It has been a long time since I've been faced with such skill. You show me respect which I will return in kind.

I am Montel, a vampire from the Lahmian bloodline. What I want is passage into Nuln for my group. Now, I can find entry for myself without too much trouble, but for a group to enter unnoticed it requires a plan. We thought you could be of assistance with this."

Montel paused briefly, he had laid the facts on the table and now it was time to convince the Petru. Not his usual convincing which required tricks and a dominant presence, but merely with truth and his own eloquence. His eyes still focused on Tsura, he nodded lightly and continued.

"As to why you should help us, I have to say you have no obvious reasons. Now, I know my kind is notorious for its deceit and persuasive nature, but I see it would be folly to attempt that. I shall speak the truth; may you find reason in it.

The deeds of my ancestors cannot be undone, I cannot change the past. Something I can do, is changing the present and thus the future. The path our group has been set on is one that surpasses the differences in bloodlines; it unites them. The reason for the journey we are making is still unclear to me, but for a gathering of all the bloodlines to occur in a co-operative manner is unique. I cannot tell you what would happen if we would fail or succeed this mission, for I do not know it myself."

Having only the truth made things difficult for Montel, but he was quite satisfied with the result. He hoped Tsura would agree with him that this mission was of importance not only for them as a group but the bloodlines as a whole. If it would benefit the Strigoi, it would benefit the Strigany as well.

Montel plays the honesty card, no tricks or skills, just trying to convince Tsura the normal way.
cidracin

#79 Post by cidracin »

Since words were not Lukas's strongpoint he decided to leave the negotiations to the members of the party who were best with them. Instead he did his best to look as intimidating and powerful as possible in front of Boldo, which was quite easy for a being like Lukas Samson.
Amun-Lothain

#80 Post by Amun-Lothain »

Petru Tsura hardly seemed to notice as one by one the other vampires joined the group by the fire. Boldo shifted, uneasy, curious stares and whispers came from the rest of the camp as the other Strigany began to notice their guests. Tsura listened calmly as Nero and then Montel spoke. She did not reply, she seemed to be weighing Montel's words.

It was Boldo who spoke first, when he caught sight of Josef. The ode he had learned as a child came spilling from his lips in a voice barely above a whisper.

"We walk ragged amongst many peoples of many lands
So that their scorn will make us harder
We thrive on the speed of our wits and the sleight of our hands
And on skill and luck and murder

We face the depths and the darkness of the world alone
So that we may become ever brighter
We live hunted and hated by all but our own
So that the bonds that bind draw ever tighter

We wait for the time of the storm that will call us home
To the birthright of our once and future lands
We pray for our rebirth in that fresh crimson dawn
But until then we trust ourselves to Ushoran's hands"

The Petru smiled. "The domnu speaks of our oath to our Father, but only a fool calls a wind good or ill. The greatest fortune can be brought by the most terrible storm, and the most lethal thunderbolt can fall from the clearest of skies." She turned to Montel again. "I do not know if you will bring about a storm. I will not waste your time or mine speculating about the future. We Strigany have a saying that better fits the situation, I think." The old crone pointed a bony finger towards the doorway of the closest wagon. "Written above the lintel on every wagon. It says 'We happily feast on those who would devour us.' And so we shall. There is a tunnel that leads into the city's sewers. We will show you. In return you will help us. The captain of the guard, a man named Stefan, will not allow our wagons to enter the city. You must kill him for us. Do this in a way so that the Strigany cannot be blamed. If you agree, we can go as soon as you are ready." She let out a rasping laugh. "I would offer you supper, but I do not think you would find our cooking to your liking."

OOC: I know some people haven't posted yet (I'm sending out PM's), but we're not in combat, and I don't want to delay the RP (again) :P
NoOoDLe

#81 Post by NoOoDLe »

Nero listened intently to Boldo's uttering, which was triggered by the arrival of the beast, before switching his attention back to the Petru. He even managed to raise a smirk at the corny joke she slipped.

His blood sucking instincts protested against his well as he kept his words about food and feeding at bay and instead with all subtlety he could muster looked towards Montel. The youngster clearly out skilled him in the terms of bargaining and communing. In other words, the Lahmian would get it done. Nero knew the Lahmian was thirsty as well.. And Montel probably realized that without blood this whole killing the guard thing would fail.
KamikazeGoblin

#82 Post by KamikazeGoblin »

Kemsênefer moved forwards with everyone else. After all, it was already rather strange enough company to have so many vampires of different bloodlines; what would a Nehekharan do to make things worse? She decided to stay quiet. Her huner, unlike some of the other weaklings, was not so out-of-control. Her thirst, her desire for blood was not nearly as strong; It was her strength, as well as her haunting visage.

Lsitening to the words of the strigany, she decided not to add anything, leaving the conversing to Montel. His eloquence and rhetoric annoyed her; For why dress the truth up with fancy nonsense? It can make it only more suspicious, and she doubted that the other strigany really knew what he was saying. Still; they had not made a violent move yet.

Kemsênefer nodded slightly at the deal. "Seems ess though eet can work both ways, no? Eet eez likely that this man vould be a threat to us should ve enter ze city anyway; best to get him out of ze vay before he becomes a real threat.."

She lowered her voice significantly.

"Sounds like zhis eez a free deal for us."
The Darkness

#83 Post by The Darkness »

Josef smiled as he walked into the camp of the Strigany, recognising the the struggle they endured. Despite a thirst that begged at him he resisted the temptations for he knew once they were inside the city walls there would be more than enough food for the taking for him. Flexing the muscles in his hands he stretched them out once more he listened as the one called Baldo began to recite and old verse. Closing his eyes he let the words soak in, words he hadn't heard in decades. He knew the ode well and all that it spoke of.

He let them finish speaking before he chose to add his own voice to the conversation. "I am more than happy to agree to your terms as kin of Ushoran. I can personally help in making this captain disappear, I haven't had a good feast in a while or a good hunt. You help us Strigany and we will help you." Smiling he bared his fangs as a sign of agreeance.

Turning to the other vampire's he spoke once more. "Unless any of you have a main disagreement with these terms I reckon we leave soon to best take advantage of the remaining night.
[b]Azazel Fellmane, The Black Pearl of Anar[/b]
[b]Champion of Oblivion[/b]
[b]Fashion Guru of Chaos[/b]
Elven Skins Flayed: 240
36/4/4

[b][u]The Confused Barbarian... Lost in the the seas near Lustria.[/u][/b]
NoOoDLe

#84 Post by NoOoDLe »

Slapping his forehead with his hand was Nero's first response to the 'child of Ushoran'. The second was even less subtle and he had to put effort in making it sound nice enough.

"Josef, my big hungry teddy bear, we're supposed to dispose of the guard WITHOUT raising suspicion towards our dear friends the Strigany. And.. Y'know.. According to Imperial Mythology these people, your people, are prone to helping our kind. So really, sucking him dry is not an option. We'll have to get some other meal I'm afraid."

Nero said, making sure to keep his disdain for the stupidity of this overgrown bat-bear hidden.
cidracin

#85 Post by cidracin »

"I accept your deal for my part at least. This captain shall soon be no more. We should get rid of him as soon as possible." said Lukas
NoOoDLe

#86 Post by NoOoDLe »

Nero snickered at the relatively pointless sentence spoken by the knight. Was it really just him, the Lahmian youngster, Doru and the Lahmian ancient that had any brains left in their head? Or maybe he expected too much of the others.. Nero couldn't quite figure it out.

"And do you, Sir Knight, have any in put in a way to dispose of this captain without raising suspicion?"

Nero waited a brief moment, presuming the knight wouldn't have any answer ready.

"Cause I do." He said, before continuing.

"Our part of this bargain is killing the captain in a way that doesn't provoke the suspicion that our Strigany friends did it. So.. Since the lore of these lands speak of Strigany as deceivers, tricksters and vampiric spawn.. Sucking him dry, poisoning him or ripping him to bits are not very viable options."

Nero spoke, his words laced with a subtle mockery of the others that had spoken up.

"Our options are pretty limited. My suggestion would be either suggestion. Or sending in the Varghulf and telling him not to come back 'till the other guards found him with the dead captain. But the latter is subject to the fact that it may not be 'till morning for the guards to notice and although I know most of us are powerful enough not to melt by the first rays of the sun I don't know how long Josef would last in day light, should this second idea get out of hand a bit. Also, we'd need him to flee into the woods while being visible to the guard otherwise they might think he'd hide with the Strigany."

He paused for a moment before concluding his speech.

"In other words, take into account that these humans have bested us at our own game earlier. They're probably not as stupid as you're assuming now."
KamikazeGoblin

#87 Post by KamikazeGoblin »

Kemsênefer looked at Nero.

"I know little, and care less, of the political games off humans. But I know zhat everyone hess zheir enemies. But I know zhat enemies heff certain subtle means off dispensing zhose who oppose zhem. Vhat better for ze local count or lord to believe zhat somevone is out to get him and redirect his guards elsevhere zhan make him believe zhere is someone against him? To to use subtle means to dispense of zhe captain? Poison. Assassination.. Poison may be a method of ze Strigany, but eet eez also a method of various other groups. Eet eez unlikely zhey vill suspect ze Strigany a vempire before zheir political enemies.. I'm sure zhere is vonn off us zhat can slip a poison into his food. Or place a knife in his spine."

Kemsênefer cared little for the Strigany, and did not trust them. This was a little -too- easy, and too sweet a deal. Of course, they could just get into the city, and ignore the guard captain and pass through. It was of no concern to her what happened to them. But it was also a potential threat out of the way, and the ensuing chaos could make it easier for them to slip through unnoticed. Or perhaps it could work the other way, and a blockade be forced, forcing them to go another way around.

"Zhis could be more trouble zhan eet eez vorth. But eef you insist on following through with their deal, zhen a common assassination can do ze trick; Nothink out of ze ordinary, no suckink dry, no marks left. Zhat vay, it vill look like someone more.. human zhan us vas responsible. Zhis does heff it's drawbacks. Eet eez likely ve vill all be hunted down end killed should zhey fail to kill heem end die in zhe process. But ve von't get anywhere vithout risks, either."

Kemsênefer eyed the group with an apathetic expression.
Illidan Hellforge

#88 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Montel faintly raised an eyebrow. The part they were to play in this deal seemed far too simple for a group as theirs. On the other hand, it was something these Strigany wouldn't be able to accomplish by themselves and they hardly had to put effort into helping, pointing to the nearby sewer. For now he decided to ignore the argument going on between his comrades, displaying the actual frailty of their group to the Strigany just like that. They would've been terrible diplomats if the deal was still going, but luckily the terms have been reached. Focusing on the Tsura, seemingly not acknowledging the conversation of the other vampires, a calm and content voice came forward.

"I foresee our end of the deal to be more complicated than it seems. Not that such a fact would stop me, though. Your terms seem fair to me, an entry for an entry. It shall be done, Petra." Montel spoke, slowly raising his cold hand to shake the Tsura's and seal the deal.

The idea of not sticking to the bargain definitely crossed Montel's mind, but these Strigany had proven to be a capable kind. It could be useful to remain a certain form of partnership between them for the future. Besides that fact he also anticipated, and perhaps even hoped, that Petra still had some tricks up her sleeve. She was interesting to the Lahmian, and for a mortal interesting meant someone wouldn't be treated as cattle by him. For now she had his respect, something he didn't grant someone easily.

He expected the two Von Carstein and the other Lahmian to understand why he took the leading and deciding voice in this discussion. They were wasting valuable time on how to kill the guard captain right now, and were no longer deciding if they were going to. Their first priority was to get in there and find what prize was waiting for them, they never agreed on killing the guard captain first thing upon arrival and it wasn't asked of them. Planning all of that could be done on the way and staying here was unnecessary.

His eyes darted to the side, quickly glancing at the Von Carstein who seemed to realise this was not the place for a discussion and remained silent, waiting. They're wasting time, we need to get moving. He put the thought prominent in his mind, trying to voice it without the others hearing it. It was a subtle sign and it didn't last long, but as he locked gazes with the diplomats he expected them to understand him.

Montel attempts Mind Control in the most harmless of ways, sharing his thought in the minds of Doru and Anais as if he'd be speaking to them plainly, though it would only be audible to them. He's hoping they can grasp the concept of what he is doing and that they won't imagine a threat that isn't there.
NoOoDLe

#89 Post by NoOoDLe »

Nero pondered for a moment, ignoring the Lahmian whelp and the spike in necromantic energy as he contacted his 'allies'.

"You have a point there, although.. It's hard to pass it off as mere coincidence that the guard that stops the Strigany just happens to be assassinated as mere chance. Then again, we could fake it." Nero said without too much pressure behind his words. He was starting to develop a bit of a feeling that he wasn't all that responsible for what happened to the Strigany. They were not his issue. He had left their kind behind decades back and he didn't feel obliged to do anything for them unless he'd reap some significant rewards.

Nero paused for a moment. He was getting a bit frustrated with the hold ups and discussion although it seemed the less intelligent part of the group wisely decided to shut up.

"We could plant 'evidence' that some local warlord is trying to send a message." He proposed. "I mean, I hate to say it but this bargain we're driving is harder than you'd think because of the Strigany's infamy in the lands of the empire." Nero continued before concluding his words.

"Alternatively.. We could rush in and improvise and hope we won't get butchered by the bigger part of the armies of Nuln should we screw up."
KamikazeGoblin

#90 Post by KamikazeGoblin »

Kemsênefer spoke to Nero as Montel spoke with Petra, to be certain she did not hear her.

"I am certain ze Strigany are not ze only people wanting him dead. This area, I would imagine, crawling with mortals even more pathetic than these weaklings, unable to think of a vay to find entry into zhis city... But ve do not need to hold on to our end. Ze captain dies. We move on. Is it really of any consequence to us if ze Strigany perish? I, for one, do not at all care. If ze Strigany are hunted down and killed, zhen it vill be off ze greater good of us."

Kemsênefer shrugged lightly. She had little motivation to help the Strigany; they had no obligation to her, and her to them. The only person oathed to help them was the Strigoi. Or was it the other way around? She did not care; Such useless alliances only made one less able to stand on your own two feet. These people were tools, and like a good tool, they should be put aside when they are unable to be used anymore.

"Let's just get moving, yes? The Night is only getting ever younger."