Wicksis army (:

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Wicksi

Wicksis army (:

#1 Post by Wicksi »

This is the first time I ever send in pictures on a forum acually :p but I started warhammer again somewhere in the summer when I was hospitalized for a month and had nothing to do I wanted to do something creative :D

When I was younger I collected Orcs & goblins but I didnt paint them because It was fun I just mass painted them bad so I could play with them :P So I decided to take a new race and had a few criterias I want good modells and I want to paint a dragon, and since dark elves was ocupied by a friend and had another friend started wood elfs I got myself some high elves :P

I didnt want the original color scheme with blue and white since I thought it was a bit boring, my first thoughts was purple but since the Dark elf friend used that I didnt take it and I then concidered something green but since another friend was starting wood elfs I didnt choose that either so I did the only thing right to do. I asked a female worker in games workshop to help me pick a good one so it became orange/yellow color scheme ;)

So my goal was paint good dont care if you can acually play with tem paint what you enjoy. but it sort of blew after the first match when I realized how fun warhammer is ^^ so now I buy after what units are good not how they look (I do some conversions though) anyways I'm not a master painter and would love some tips and such here is what I have painted so far (onl really happy with the phoenix guards:P )

Wicksi

Re: Wicksis army (:

#2 Post by Wicksi »

okej I failed miserably with uploading pictures... any ideas :P ?
Erileen Swordweaver

#3 Post by Erileen Swordweaver »

You need to upload your images to an image hosting website like Photobucket ( http://photobucket.com/) , then copy the img code and past it in your message.

Hope that helps :)
[url=http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/A.me]CMON Gallery[/url]
[color=#000000]If anyone's interested in my miniature commission work, just send me a PM.[/color]
grantmepower

#4 Post by grantmepower »

Ulthuan in Flames: 13/9/6 Bel Hathor 77 kills
grantmepower

#5 Post by grantmepower »

I put them as thumbnails because if I didn't then they would take up the whole screen. 1600x1200 is just a bit too big for a forum. Click on them to enlarge.]
~Grant
Ulthuan in Flames: 13/9/6 Bel Hathor 77 kills
Arellion Sapher

#6 Post by Arellion Sapher »

The photos are crunchy as hell, but the painting looks to be quite good. Have you got a a 'macro' setting for your camera?
There are some interesting conversions in there that it would be nice to see in detail.
Alathenar

#7 Post by Alathenar »

Orange and Yellow will certainly stand out on the table! Need a few better pictures though
[i]"You only get one chance to make a last impression."[/i]
[i]"For every choice, a consequence."[/i]