Important game and board announcements and website or forum related topics

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

elthirineer
Location: Journey of knoweledge and Power- currently residing in Australia

#1 Post by elthirineer »

Hey guys!
I've just been curious on signatures, now I haven't had one as I have not been able to find a pic (that I actually like, and see) that fits the picture capacity.
I was wandering if there is a way to 'shrink' down a pics size to be able to apply it, or is there a car load full of pics hiding somewhere on the forum that I can choose from (a couple of other forums have that)
Thanks in advance,
Elthirineer
[b]Taree Amateur Gaming Society TAGS[/b]- Treasurer

Wood Elves (25-2-6), High Elves (12-4-6), Empire (18-1-10)
Death Korps of Krieg (WIP)
Allerion
Librarian

Re: Avatar Question

#2 Post by Allerion »

if i want to scale something down for ulthuan, i tend to go to:

http://www.lunapic.com/editor/
Excited for TOW
elthirineer
Location: Journey of knoweledge and Power- currently residing in Australia

#3 Post by elthirineer »

Thanks, I should be able to find out how in due time, right now though, off to school!
thanks again
[b]Taree Amateur Gaming Society TAGS[/b]- Treasurer

Wood Elves (25-2-6), High Elves (12-4-6), Empire (18-1-10)
Death Korps of Krieg (WIP)
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#4 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Alternatively, www.imageshack.us has a dual image hosting and resizing feature.
Burning Sun
Fire and Faith

#5 Post by Burning Sun »

elthirineer wrote:Hey guys!
I've just been curious on signatures, now I haven't had one as I have not been able to find a pic (that I actually like, and see) that fits the picture capacity.
I was wandering if there is a way to 'shrink' down a pics size to be able to apply it, or is there a car load full of pics hiding somewhere on the forum that I can choose from (a couple of other forums have that)
Thanks in advance,
Elthirineer
The answer to both questions is "yes", although the latter is more a "yes, sorta".

Picture files can be reduced in size in any good photo editing software. If you don't have or can't use good photo editing software, providing a link and asking (if it's an online pic) on the forums can work, or if you'd prefer, you can email me the pic and I'll re-size it for you (and if you ask really nicely and include your username, I'll stick it to your profile too).

The answer to the second question is more complex. There are many repositories of avatars, both here and other places on the web. Ulthuan does have one, but it was crashing the script I used, so I took it offline. It's on my list of things to sort out at some point. I do also have various avatar galleries from various places, containing hundred of pictures on a whole variety of subjects. Many can be found on my photobucket account at: http://s716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/OurBurningSun/
[size=90]Ex-Loremaster, despite what some of the profile may say, I can't edit it any more. Contact one of the others for issues.

Whaia e koe ki te iti kahurangi; ki te tuohu koe, me maunga teitei - Maori Proverb
(Seek the treasure you value most dearly: if you bow your head, let it be to a lofty mountain)[/size]