2250pts vs Daemons, Lizards or Vampires

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Marsyon

2250pts vs Daemons, Lizards or Vampires

#1 Post by Marsyon »

Hi to all,

I wanted to know your opinion on this list that I will have to use vs a player is the first time I play with. It should be a sort of friendly match, but we still didn't speak about that.

Here is the list:

Archmage - lvl4, Great Eagle, Silver Wand, Ring of Fury, 2 x Dispel Scrolls
Mage - lvl2, Seerstaff of Saphery, Dispel Scroll

Archers - 10
Archers - 10
Lothern SeaGuards - 21, FC, Lion Standard (will be deployed 7x3 on a hill if possible, if no, 10x2 until the enemy reach them and then 7x3)

Dragon Princes - 7, Drakemaster with Amulet of Light, Standard Bearer with Banner of Sorcery
Swordmasters - 14, FC, Standard of Balance (7x2)
Tiranoc Chariot
Tiranoc Chariot

Great Eagle
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower

Power dices: 9 to 11 + 1 bound spell
Dispel dices: 5 + 3 Dispel Scrolls

quite a lot of shooting, some immune to fear units and some hard hitting units.

Any suggestions?
I see the world old
I see the world dead
Under a pale grey sky, We shall ARISE
RE.Lee

#2 Post by RE.Lee »

I think the army could use a BSB. He'd add some edge to the LSG, serve as a bodyguard for the level 2 mage, keep the fighting line more disciplined. Your archmage is mounted on an eagle, so its likely that he won't be sharing his leadership most of the time - you're protected against psychology thanks to the banners, but increasing the chances of passing break tests (and the fighting units ar not powerful enough to ensure these won't happen) is essential.

Good luck and tell us how the eagle-mounted archmage did, because I'm yet to be convinced about his usefulness :wink:
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
GobbladasSquig

#3 Post by GobbladasSquig »

I'm slightly worried about your hard hitting units being vulnerable to psychology. Your game could be lost with a few failed fear tests in the wrong places. If I were you I might consider a swordmaster champion with the Dragonhorn.
garythewargamer

comments

#4 Post by garythewargamer »

An archmage on an eagle. Boy will you have to be careful with him. Seems like one round of shooting and your big guy could be off on the ground somewhere. I have used a hero on an eagle as a mage killer with some success and some failures. Against a good general it is usually taken out, against an average one it works once and against someone like me it works two or three times.

But back on topic, there are a lot of move and shoot units out there. The eagle gives you moving but no protection. Our mages do not have many magical choices for protection but we do have some. Just look at that for DE with crossbows or skinks shirmishes and others could kill your general very fast.
dabber
Tactician

#5 Post by dabber »

What is the point of the sea guard? They aren't able to engage anything of consequence in those army books.
Marsyon

#6 Post by Marsyon »

I know, in fact I usually use normal Spearelves, but I wanted to give a try to the SeaGuards that I never use. And the Eagle Archmage that I actually already used in some previous battles with some success...

...and I want to play this match in a friendly way.. or at least until I don't find out that my opponent will play in a different manner... :?
I see the world old
I see the world dead
Minsc

#7 Post by Minsc »

It should be a sort of friendly match
Reading this, then your armylist made me chuckle.

9-11 PD + 1 Bound, 3 RBT's and then everything either shoots or has M8+ except for the Swordmasters - Very friendly indeed :wink:
Marsyon

#8 Post by Marsyon »

:lol: ah ah ah... you are right, but it is friendly match vs Daemons after all :wink: ... and usually the people I play against use cheesy lists... so that is "a sort of friendly" :)

In any case when I will agree with my opponent how to play I will maybe also include Silver Helms instead of Dragon Princes and probaly go down to 2 RBTs adding 1 more Eagle...

but the Swordies will stay! :P .. I just love them too much

Marsyon
I see the world old
I see the world dead
Minsc

#9 Post by Minsc »

Ahh, if he plays Daemons, then you are forgiven, keep the cheese ;)
Natio

#10 Post by Natio »

Marsyon wrote::lol: ah ah ah... you are right, but it is friendly match vs Daemons after all :wink: ... and usually the people I play against use cheesy lists... so that is "a sort of friendly" :)

In any case when I will agree with my opponent how to play I will maybe also include Silver Helms instead of Dragon Princes and probaly go down to 2 RBTs adding 1 more Eagle...

but the Swordies will stay! :P .. I just love them too much

Marsyon
I imagined you hugging the Sword Masters closely to your chest as you said this.

I play in a circle where movement 6 for the entire army apart from the slaan and his guard is normal and against half of the lists, underwhelming so I can understand the need for a competitive friendly list.
[quote="Eldacar"]
It's more a "do unto others what needs to be done, and too bad for whoever gets in your way" sort of ideal.[/quote]
[quote="Aryel"]Yes, let's delete all Eldacar's post count. It makes my e-penis look tiny.[/quote]