2250 Infantry List.

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Flame of the Asuryan

2250 Infantry List.

#1 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

Hi everyone.

Here is a new project of me. Normally, I like magic orientated lists a little more, but now I wanted something completely different. So far I scored a win against Wood Elves and an Orc orientated list.

256 - Prince, Barded Steed, Heavy Armour, Vambraces of Defence, Amulet of Light, Lance, Enchanted Shield
156 - Reaver Bow, BSB, HA, Great Weapon.
140 - Mage – Annulian Crystal,
150 - Mage – 2X Dispel Scroll, Gem of Courage

186 - 19 Spearmen, Standard, Musician
110 - 10 Archers

280 - 15 White Lions, Full Command, Lion Banner
275 - 14 Phoenix Guard, Standard, Champion, War Banner
215 - 6 Dragon Princes, Std, Standard of Balance
115 – 5 Silver Helms, Shields

300 - 3X Repeater Bolt Thrower
50 - Great Eagle

Plan: Phoenix Guard, Spears and Silverhelms hold one flank, while the White Lions and Dragonprinces hold the other.

RBT's weaken the enemy and 2 are placed in the centre, one on either one of the flank with archers.

Against lowmagic armies, dual fireball or dual bear's anger is chosen.
-"Humans are the cruelest of animals" Friedrich Nietzsche -
geoguswrek

Re: 2250 Infantry List.

#2 Post by geoguswrek »

Flame of the Asuryan wrote:Hi everyone.

Here is a new project of me. Normally, I like magic orientated lists a little more, but now I wanted something completely different. So far I scored a win against Wood Elves and an Orc orientated list.

256 - Prince, Barded Steed, Heavy Armour, Vambraces of Defence, Amulet of Light, Lance, Enchanted Shield
This sir, is overkill. a 1+ rerolling followed by a 4+ ward? AND magic res? if you are going for the extremely expensive vambraces, don't waste points on magic res and buy the talisman of loec (you aren't likely to give away half points with your save)
156 - Reaver Bow, BSB, HA, Great Weapon.
Poor boy is gonna die, alot. He could do with the armour of caledor instead of the reaverbow. failing that, give the boy a horsey.
140 - Mage – Annulian Crystal,
150 - Mage – 2X Dispel Scroll, Gem of Courage
A bit over the top magic defence don't you feel? i'd swap the annulian crystal for the ring of fury and give the DP the banner of sorcery, to give you a list that competes in all phases.

186 - 19 Spearmen, Standard, Musician
110 - 10 Archers
the spears could do with the warbanner (it'll be better here than in the PG)
280 - 15 White Lions, Full Command, Lion Banner
275 - 14 Phoenix Guard, Standard, Champion, War Banner
215 - 6 Dragon Princes, Std, Standard of Balance
115 – 5 Silver Helms, Shields

300 - 3X Repeater Bolt Thrower
50 - Great Eagle

Plan: Phoenix Guard, Spears and Silverhelms hold one flank, while the White Lions and Dragonprinces hold the other.

RBT's weaken the enemy and 2 are placed in the centre, one on either one of the flank with archers.

Against lowmagic armies, dual fireball or dual bear's anger is chosen.
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127
garythewargamer

comment

#3 Post by garythewargamer »

Every one seems to agree, well mostly anyways, that armour of calendor and the VoD is a wonderful protection. Then I think the sword of battle is great. It is nearly the only magical weapon you can give him with these combos. But how many units require magical weapons. I like putting the amulet of light with a bladelord of the sword masters. That is just my idea and opinion. Yes I know that they can get shot up a bunch.
dabber
Tactician

Re: comment

#4 Post by dabber »

garythewargamer wrote:Every one seems to agree, well mostly anyways, that armour of calendor and the VoD is a wonderful protection. Then I think the sword of battle is great.
The Sword of Battle is terrible. Well not terrible, but it should never be taken. Do the numbers - Sword of Might is outright better.
garythewargamer

correction

#5 Post by garythewargamer »

sword of battle gives you 5 STR 4 attacks, sword of might gives you 4 str 5 attacks. Yes I have done the math. But I guess it depends on who you attack. Then you have the dragon 6 str 7 attacks. There is the math or take a lance for 4 str 6 attacks. I guess once again it depends on your personnel choice.

See I stated early that most people would agree.
geoguswrek

#6 Post by geoguswrek »

against t3, no save ws3 infantry: average wounds from sword of might = 2/3*5/6*4=2.2 wounds (average)
sword of battle=
2/3*2/3*5=2.2 wounds
and any other case the sword of might is better.
the only case where the sword of battle is better is agaist t7 no saves, which doesnt exist, or t1/2 no saves which doesnt exist.
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127
Flame of the Asuryan

#7 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

@geoguswrek

This sir, is overkill. a 1+ rerolling followed by a 4+ ward? AND magic res? if you are going for the extremely expensive vambraces, don't waste points on magic res and buy the talisman of loec (you aren't likely to give away half points with your save)

Would Helm of Fortune, Guardian Phoenix, Amulet of Light be better then?

Poor boy is gonna die, alot. He could do with the armour of caledor instead of the reaverbow. failing that, give the boy a horsey.

My intention is not to let this guy fighing many combats, but I'll give in...The horsey is something to think about.

A bit over the top magic defence don't you feel? i'd swap the annulian crystal for the ring of fury and give the DP the banner of sorcery, to give you a list that competes in all phases.

Well, no, i dont think it is overkill at all. Many new armies provide lots of magice offense and against a single scroll caddy, they can still pack a punch with double Fireball or Bear's Anger.

the spears could do with the warbanner (it'll be better here than in the PG)

This is something to think about, but I think I go with more spearmen instead(+4). (Deploy them 5X4+4 or 6X4 (I like your idea to bring more static CR in this unit).

I like your input, thanks!
-"Humans are the cruelest of animals" Friedrich Nietzsche -