New High Elf Army

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Live_waaaaagh

New High Elf Army

#1 Post by Live_waaaaagh »

Hi all,

It's a pleasure to have joined the Asur. Our little site www.LiveWaaaaagh.com has previously done battle reports featuring Dwarfs, Tomb Kings and Wood Elves, our other armies. Recently, we set out to add a 4th army and decided on the High Elves.

You'll notice from below that there's a specific theme to the list and we intend to sort of keep it that way, but still want to be competitive.

We just added our first battle report on the Battle Report forum (awaiting moderation as of this writing) and hope to add more in the future.
Something to note is that we play on a 3x3 table (NYC - not a lot of space), so games tend to be smaller, and quicker.

Our list:
Archmage
Sea Helm

20x Sea Guard
5x Ellyrian Reavers

15x Swordmasters
1x Skycutter w/ Eagle Eye Bolt thrower
5x Dragon Princes (Unassembled as of now)

Anyway, just saying "hello" and making an introduction!
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: New High Elf Army

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Welcome!
Live_waaaaagh wrote:Archmage
High Magic for the win.

:)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

Welcome to Ulthuan. Your list looks fun. And very thematic. And in a friendly environment it should do well enough. The Sea guard have the advantage that you have a relatively small table. So their 24'' range isn't as big a disadvantage vs archers as it is on a bigger table. And your special choices pack a good punch and are highly mobile.

Keep us updated.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Live_waaaaagh

#4 Post by Live_waaaaagh »

Thank you for the comments and warm welcome!

I'll try High Magic in the coming weeks. Traveling for work for a bit, but have a new battle report lined up for tomorrow. :) no high magic though. And when I get back, I need to assemble the Dragon Princes once and for all! And paint the sky cutter, and detail the sword masters and sea guard... ohh the list grows!
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#5 Post by SpellArcher »

Live_waaaaagh wrote:ohh the list grows!
For many of us it never ends!

:)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#6 Post by Prince of Spires »

SpellArcher wrote:
Live_waaaaagh wrote:ohh the list grows!
For many of us it never ends!
Over the past few years I've slowly managed to shrink the list. But that was mainly by being very strict with my purchases. Still have a big enough backlog as it is...

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.