Warhammer campaing

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Joaco

Warhammer campaing

#1 Post by Joaco »

Hey guys, we are playing a warhammer campaing with friends, rules are that armies cant be bigger than 1500pts with 1000pts of reserves (thats becouse some friends dont have too many models yet but we want to encourage them to get them, and players who have more have a little but not mutch advantage). Also you can own 1 Lord per fortress and 1 hero per town.

I was able to farm the first turns and already have 3 fortress and towns. So I have this two lists playing and have to decide
the third one, let me know what you think and if you get some ideas you can tell me! (others army are dwarves empire, warriors of chaos, vampire counts (x2), ogres, rats and wood elves /my only allies for now/).

First list: total 1496
Lord: Archmage lvl 4 Lore of high elves- book of hoeth and talisman of preservation 320pts
Hero: Noble dragon armour, halbred, reaver bow 107pts
Core:
10 silverhelms (shields and command) 260
6 ellyrian reavers (bow&spear, musician) 124
Special:
20 phoenix guard (FC, razor standard) 375
Rare:
Frostheart 240
Bolthrower 70

Second list its full cavalry and flyers for map scouting, and I think they can do it pretty ok anyways

Lord: Anoited on frostheart and cloak of beards (had extra 10) 460pts
Hero: Noble on ithilmar horse, armor of destiny, shield, lance 143pts
Core:
10 silverhelms (fc shields) 260
6 ellyrian reavers (b&s, musician) 124
Special:
6 Dragon princes (Fc and banner of swiftness) 219
Rare:
Frostheart 240
Eagle 50
Total: 1496pts
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Warhammer campaing

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

First list looks strong. In general I feel Dispel Scroll is more necessary than Book of Hoeth and I would add Ring of Fury. The Noble pretty much has to sit in the Phoenix Guard and could be a bit vulnerable. I suggest dropping one PG and giving him Merwyrm Shield. I'd upgrade him to Battle Standard Bearer. Might be better to split the Silver Helms so they are more disposable.

Again, I'd upgrade the second list's Noble to BSB and swap Lance/Armour of Destiny for Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone, Sword of Might.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Warhammer campaing

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

I agree with most points SA makes. Although I do feel that you can do without the scroll at 1500 pts in a friendly environment. It's mainly vs skaven that you really want to have it. Vs the others you can get away with not having it.

Having the SH in a single unit is both an advantage and a disadvantage. They're less disposable. But also more durable and hard hitting. Also, having a rank can work well for getting rid of steadfast.

In the second list you could drop the banner of swiftness, the banner bearer from the dragon princes and add a 7th dragon prince. I personally feel the banner of swiftness doesn't add a lot to them. They're already M9, which should get them where they need to be fast enough. I would personally go for more boots on the ground.

But both lists look strong to me. The second list is a bit an all or nothing list I think. It will suffer against some armies. But others will not be able to do anything against 2 monsters at 1500pts. Still, dwarves or skaven with the stormbanner will be bad news for this list.

Do you have a map overview of your campaign? Or some battle shots?

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.