Questions

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Horillion

Questions

#1 Post by Horillion »

I don't know if this is the right page to post these on but didn't see anything better
while playing some warhammer games I came across some difficult situations and I wanted to ask what was right

1) So first of all I've seen my troops getting wiped away by rear/flank charges but when I do a flank/rear charge I need a damn high damage output to win so my question is actually what bonusses/negativities do you get from rank/rear charges (most of all do you lose rank bonusses and attacks or not?)

2) When a unit is wiped out the enemy can overrun, if they overrun in another unit what happens then (does combat go on immidiatly or only if unit was already in combat?)(colors are for units of player)

3) I read that banner of the world dragon protects against magic attacks and magic in general but I also read it works against miscasts, last game my opponent said it doesn't protect against miscasts so my question here is where does BOTWD protect against exactly?
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Questions

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

Here is fine for your questions.

1) a few things you get +1 to combat resolution (+2 for a rear). Your opponent doesn't get supporting attacks, so you take fewer hits back. And if you have more then 2 ranks at the end of combat then your opponent doesn't get rank bonus (note: He can still be steadfast).
In my experience, for elves taking fewer attacks back is the main things. The rest is a nice extra.

2) after an overrun, the default option is that the combat happens in the next turn. The only exception is that if you overrun into a combat that hasn't been fought yet, then the unit gets to fight when that combat happens together with the other units. Note, you can only overrun once per combat phase.

3) the banner of the world dragon indeed protects against miscast damage, as long as you have to roll to wound. No protection against being sucked into the warp. It's very unusual in this and different from magic resistance. But the wording specifically mentions that it protects against magical damage. And the BRB FAQ mentioned that miscast damage counts as magical damage. So, the BotWD protects against miscast damage.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Horillion

#3 Post by Horillion »

so for those supporting attacks do you also loose them to the front? so (perhaps only in multiple combat) if you are fighting a unit in the front and in the rear/flank you get get no supporting attacks to the front either?

and thanks to point things out ^^
RE.Lee

#4 Post by RE.Lee »

You still get supporting attacks against the unit in front of you if you're engaged in the rear as well.
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Horillion

#5 Post by Horillion »

oke thanks for everything
Doctor

#6 Post by Doctor »

RE.Lee wrote:You still get supporting attacks against the unit in front of you if you're engaged in the rear as well.
As long as the guys in the rear rank aren't making those support attacks (because they are in base contact with the enemy) :)
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#7 Post by SpellArcher »

What everyone else said.
Horillion wrote:When a unit is wiped out the enemy can overrun
This only happens if the enemy charged into combat of course, not in subsequent rounds.