2400pt SCGT tournament list

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
deecee

2400pt SCGT tournament list

#1 Post by deecee »

Going to be playing in tournament that is using SCGT comp and want to get opinions from people before I send in the list. It is mostly based on what I have painted ATM. Also End times is allowed, so will be running the army as an Eternity King list even though it is virtually all High Elves

Prince on Barded Steed
Armour of Fortune
Giant Blade
Shield

Archmage
Lvl 4 Life
Book of Hoeth
Talisman of Preservation

Noble (BSB)
Dragon Armour
Sword of Might
Shield of the Merwyrm
Golden Crown of Atrazar
Longbow

Supreme Sorceress
Lvl 3 Dark Magic
Book of Ashur
Talisman of Endurance

18 Archers
Musician & Standard Bearer

15 Archers
Musician & Standard Bearer

21 Lothern Sea Guard
Full Command

10 Dragon Princes
Full Command
Drakemaster with Star Lance

23 Sword Masters
Full Command
Razor Standard
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: 2400pt SCGT tournament list

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

I'd be tempted to go with Dawnstone and Dragonhelm instead of Armour of Fortune, re-rollable 1+ rocks. I'd also mount up the BSB to fight alongside, the Prince plus DP's need the re-rolls and the extra grinding power. Life plus Dark is a powerful mix I've just been on the receiving end of, though I feel you need a Dispel Scroll somewhere. I take it the idea is to run the Archmage in the Swordmasters for Earthblood?

Speaking of which, what is the comp hit for World Dragon on them? If you can, I'd drop the LSG for Reavers for redirection etc.. RBT would be good but I can't immediately see how you'd fit them in. Using DP's instead of Helms for the bus tends to drain points.
deecee

#3 Post by deecee »

in SCGT World Dragon banner come under the power pool section for HE if paired with either a unit of 20+ infantry or 8+ Cavalry.

The reason for the LSG is that they're a soft choice.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

OK so I'm guessing World Dragon hurts your comp too much? Could you drop another power choice to get it?

If you want to keep the LSG how about dropping some Archers for Reavers instead?