2000 point Korhil list

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
CoagulantFish

2000 point Korhil list

#1 Post by CoagulantFish »

This is my first time on the forum as I think I have finally decided on using High elves. I have been debating whether to make my own werewolf army or go for high elves but going for elves seems like the better option. I already have a growing Skaven army and I have always been a fan of the lore of beasts so I thought an army themed around Korhil may be fun to play. Since I will mostly be playing against my own Skaven I haven't really looked to optimize this, but any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Lords
-Level 4 archmage on barded elven steed with: Book of Hoeth and talisman of preservation.

Heroes
-Korhil on lion chariot.
-Noble BSB with: Heavy armour, longbow, shield, lion cloak and ogre blade.

Core
-10 Lothern sea guard with: Shields and full command.
-10 archers with: Musician and light armour.
-10 archers with: Musician and light armour.
-10 archers with Musician and light armour.

Special
-20 white lions of Chrace with: Full command and banner of eternal flame.
- 5 dragon princes of Caledor with: Full command, banner of the world dragon and armour of destiny on champion.

Rare
-Eagle claw bolt thrower.
-Eagle claw bolt thrower.

Total points cost: 1997 points.

The Archmage would go with the dragon princes as banner of the world dragon would make miscasts hurt less and the BSB would go with the white lions in a 7 by 3 formation.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: 2000 point Korhil list

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Welcome!

The main issue with Chariot Korhil is he has zero protection against cannon. His best bet is to hide behind walls etc until you've dealt with the cannon I guess.

I'd be strongly tempted to switch the magic standards. Lions need World Dragon, not just because it's all-round awesome but because their cloaks don't work against magical shooting. Contrastingly, the Dragon Princes are just too few to protect the Archmage. He can safely sit in World Dragon Lions while the small DP unit enjoys Eternal Flame. Lore of Beasts might work well with two characters in the Lions.

I feel Ogre Blade is too ambitious on the BSB. He needs more protection, maybe Merwyrm Shield, Armour of Caledor or somesuch. The list would also benefit from a redirector or two, eagle or Reavers.
Ielthan

#3 Post by Ielthan »

SpellArcher wrote:Welcome!

The main issue with Chariot Korhil is he has zero protection against cannon. His best bet is to hide behind walls etc until you've dealt with the cannon I guess.

Yeah but if you take Korhil on chariot you just win at life.

Literally the only High Elf thing I've never seen (even seen mages on chariots iirc), for good reason too but if you're not looking to be competitive I can see it being a really fun thing to use. Just have 0 expectations of what he can do :p.

Otherwise +1 to everything SpellArcher said.
Andrew_uk

#4 Post by Andrew_uk »

Ielthan wrote:+1 to everything SpellArcher said.
Tempting to sig this :p
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#5 Post by SpellArcher »

Ielthan wrote:Yeah but if you take Korhil on chariot you just win at life.
Every game I've played with High Elves my general has ridden a chariot. But hey, if you offer me a 4+ Ward and Charmed Shield I'm going to take them!
Andrew_uk wrote:Tempting to sig this :p
I thank you!

:)
Peepster1976

#6 Post by Peepster1976 »

Played Korhil twice, once O&G other time Dark elves. Both times in an unit; phoenix guard. He is fantastic! great in the challenge... Understand the chariot thingy and only winning in life, it may look cool, but it probably will be shot.... such a waste of (a lot of) points.
But again GREAT character!!
- The World is a Village -
My Plog : [url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44351[/url]
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#7 Post by SpellArcher »

Any trouble keeping him alive in combat?