Overkill ? Risky ? PLain stupid ?

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Maturin

Overkill ? Risky ? PLain stupid ?

#1 Post by Maturin »

Hi guys. I'd like to have your opinion on what is putting too much eggs in the same basket or just plain stupid.

I'm preparing a Host of Phoenix King army list for a 3000 points unlimited tournament.

Would you think that 40 White Lions of Chrace with BotWD is too much of eggs in the same basket ? Would two 20 man units be better ? Or one 30 man one and a 10 man one going backfield hunting with TEclis using Shadow lore High end Spell (or moonstone and a WE character) ?

How about 4 Eagle Bolt Thorwer and 4 Reaper bolt thrower ? Is it too much ? Would it be better to have glade guards with poisoned arrows to take care of hight Toughness instead of that much bolt throwers ?

If you have any link concerning synergy between HE or even other elfes units, I'll be thankful. I've looked on Ulthuan but all links are down, in the tactics sticky.
Last edited by Maturin on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Overkill ? Risky ? PLain stupid ?

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

In general I'd only consider one block of Lions for the simple reason that only one can take World Dragon. I've seen builds where a second block was protected by an Anointed or I guess you could try MSU.

Am I right in thinking you have free choice of all elf units?
Maturin

Re: Overkill ? Risky ? PLain stupid ?

#3 Post by Maturin »

Hello, Spellarcher.

Thanks for your reply. You're correct. I can choose whatever I want in the elves codexes.

I wanted to play that list http://45.40.135.47/~ulthuan/forum/view ... 67&t=69103 but I'm actually thinking about dropping the archers to either take some glade guards as mages bunker or deepscouts to go hunting warmachines, or 4 Dark elves RBT. Thinking of droppinh the 2*6 man Swordmasters units for actual chariots too.