2400 Anointed list - ETC comp

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Galdor

2400 Anointed list - ETC comp

#1 Post by Galdor »

Hi all,

I'm looking to try out the below list, following the latest ETC comp pack. To be able to take the SH bus and two frosties (I'm assuming a frosty as ridden monster still counts as 1 choice?) I dropped botwd from the bus. As a result, I've gone for a High Archmage on foot who will go in with the PG for that 3++ goodness! I thought that having him mounted and in with the Silver Helms would be a bit risky with a lack of miscast protection. I'd like to get your thoughts in particular on the magic items and set up of the characters; I've never run an Anointed on Frosty before!

Anyway here is the list:

2396 pts

Anointed of Asuryan on Frostheart, Charmed Shield, Star Lance, Dawnstone (510 pts)

Lvl 4 High Archmage, Dispell Scroll, Talisman of Endurance, Fencer's Blades (310 pts)

Noble, Barded Steed, Ogre Blade, Shield, Heavy Armour (131 pts)

Noble, BSB, Heavy Armour, Barded Steed, Shield, Golden Crown of Atrazar, Enchanted Shield, Sword of Might (149 pts)

Core (601 pts)
5 x Reavers, Spears, Musician (90pts)
5 x Reaver, Spears, Musician (90pts)
17 x Silver Helms, FC, Shields (421 pts)

Special (405 pts)
22 x Phoenix Guard, FC, Razor Standard (405 pts)

Rare (290 pts)
1 x Frostheart Phoenix
1 x Great Eagle

Look forward to your thoughts/suggestions. Thanks!
John Rainbow

Re: 2400 Anointed list - ETC comp

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

I think the Ench. Shield, Giant Blade, OTS setup is better for the mounted annoited. A rerollable 3+ AS isn't worth all that much and I don't think the charmed shield offers all that much under ETC where LoS rules are different.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#3 Post by SpellArcher »

I'd be tempted to go Scroll, 4++, Fury Ring on the AM. Four spells is not many and it's rare you'd be getting more than one off per turn. I don't think there's a big difference between 4++ with Fencers and a straight 3++.
Galdor

#4 Post by Galdor »

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I made most of the changes, apart from the Ring of Fury as I didn't have enough points left to squeeze it in. I am going to give this list a try this weekend against my brother's Warriors of Chaos. Without Botwd the SHs are obviously quite a bit more vulnerable to magic missiles and so on. I also have less protection if he brings a DP. Still, I'm quite happy with the look of the list!

Here is the new version:

(2396 pts)

Anointed of Asuryan on Frostheart, Giant blade, Enchanted Shield, OTS (530 pts)

Lvl 4 High Archmage, Dispell Scroll, Talisman of Preservation, Dispell Scroll (290 pts)

Noble, Barded Steed, Ogre Blade, Shield, Heavy Armour (131 pts)

Noble, BSB, Heavy Armour, Barded Steed, Golden Crown of Atrazar, Charmed Shield, Sword of Might (149 pts)

Core (601 pts)
5 x Reavers, Spears, Musician (90pts)
5 x Reaver, Spears, Musician (90pts)
17 x Silver Helms, FC, Shields (421 pts)

Special (405 pts)
22 x Phoenix Guard, FC, Razor Standard (405 pts)

Rare (290 pts)
1 x Frostheart Phoenix
1 x Great Eagle
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#5 Post by SpellArcher »

I'd be tempted to drop 2PG for the Ring.