2400 ETC Suggestions

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
matrim

2400 ETC Suggestions

#1 Post by matrim »

Prince: Enchanted Shield ; Dawnstone; Giant Blade; Dragon armour; Elven Steed (Ithilmar barding) 277
Archmage: Feather Foe Torc; Dispel Scroll; Talisman Of Protection ; Level 4 Wizard; Elven Steed 315

Noble: Star Lance; Golden Crown of Atrazar; Charmed Shield ; great weapon; Dragon armour; Battle Standard; Elven Steed (Ithilmar barding) 169

5 Ellyrian Reavers 80
5 Ellyrian Reavers 80
20 Archers: Hawkeye; musician; standard bearer 230
5 Silver Helms: shields 115
5 Silver Helms: shields 115

10 Dragon Princes of Caledor: Drakemaster; musician; standard bearer (Banner of the World Dragon) 370
21 White Lions of Chrace: Guardian; musician; standard bearer (Gleaming Pennant) 308

Frostheart Phoenix 240
1 Great Eagle 50
1 Great Eagle 50

2,399 points
matrim

Re: 2400 ETC Suggestions

#2 Post by matrim »

Hello you can see my list above for an upcoming tournament; which is basically a DP Bus with FP support and as many chaff as possible. Idea behind the list is to combo with cab bus and FP while delaying with chaff. White lions are there to provide flank/rear cover while archers try to clear opposition chaff. I chose High magic for improved ward saves against non magical attacks the dp bus is 2+ & 6++ / 2++ before magic. Pluss the featfer foe torc and it becomes a very difficult unit to get points from. I only have 10dp models but I believe 21 WL is a decent number and any less wouldn't give the necessary support.

The tourney is for helping the local etc team in their preps so it will be a though one. I'm not a great player though still drveloping :mrgreen: The field will be dominated by WE, WoC, DE. Based on your experience do you see any areas of improvement? So far I demolished a Beastmen army, 14 -6 win against a WoC army (who is also coming the tourney) and a 2 -18 loss to the ETC Team WoC player (I know where I made mistakes but also failed every single 2++ save from banner during challenges)
In addition are there any good articles about deployment I have lots of drops but keep failing to take advantage of it :oops:
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#3 Post by SpellArcher »

I see two issues. The first is that Lions without World Dragon are vulnerable, especially against Wood Elves. The second is the lack of heavy board control. As it stands the list has no way to keep big flyers etc honest because it lacks RBT and High Magic in the bus doesn't help enough. I suggest moving the Archmage to the Lions (Swordmasters and especially PG are serious alternatives here) for Shield and switching the Frostheart out for 4 RBT. It's a shame but I feel they are the stronger and more flexible choice for all-comers here. With all that MSU cav in Core I don't think you need the eagles, so could afford to drop them for Razor Standard say.

This is a little dated but has some good general thoughts on deployment, see a little way down the page:

http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 4&start=60
qwe50

#4 Post by qwe50 »

i like it

Only a few Things - BSB should have the other trickster to add you Prince if up against Ward. And as said eagels points should be more lions and a razer banner
Love making army lists
Don't believe MSU
matrim

#5 Post by matrim »

thank you for the responses.

Spell Archer:
The article is pretty useful even though its from the old ed the ideas are the same. With the etc LoS rules the fliers can hide therefore reduce the efficiency of RBTs and in my case RBTs always end up being 70pts gifts to opponents #-o

qwe50:
If the WL get stranded on their own I don't want to loose them due to a failed stubborn Ld test.

I tried to play with numbers, dropping 1 eagle and the champ on archers I can pump up the lions to 25 and get poition of fool hardiness on the BSB and dropping the crown gives me the OTS. It should work [-o<

I haven't considered proper gunlines - dwarf/empire. They are not very common but if draw pitches me against them Tempest WBW may help.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#6 Post by SpellArcher »

A large part of the usefulness of RBT lies in them restricting the movement of enemy fliers and such. Without them, these can get much more aggressive. If they just don't work for you then fair enough matrim, though it may be worth changing to a more aggressive magic lore then, High loves RBT.

I'm very suspicious of the Lions without World Dragon but I agree with qwe50, more bodies then would help.