AoS Aelf Army Theme, Help me Decide!

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...

Which Elf Army

Samurai
40%
Navy
60%

Total votes: 5

GMALERON

AoS Aelf Army Theme, Help me Decide!

#1 Post by GMALERON »

Hey guys, with the release of Age of Sigmar I have decided to return to the Elves and to build a small force of them to play my friends in games. Now as I have thought about putting this army together I am trying to come up with a theme for my list and am still trying to decide between two that I really find cool for different reasons. They are:

Samurai Themed Aelfs: The basis of this army would be a highly elite and trained force that fight with the Sylvaneth (Forest Spirits) to protect their home. The army would be completely made up of Swordmasters, Way Watchers and Dragon Princes (to represent Samurai as the elite warriors they were) along with a variety of forest spirits that will be painted as Japanese cherry blossom trees. Would give me a very unique looking army on the table top and also allow me to take advantage of my favorite units in the from both elf armies.

Navy Aelfs: An army themed around Seaguard and the High Elf Lothern Sea Patrol from the Storm of Chaos book. This would have the appearance of a more generic High Elf army as I would add Shadow Warriors (run as Way Watchers) and Dragon Princes along with a Dragon and Bolt Throwers. I would have several phalanxes of Seaguard along with several units of Swordmasters as the backbone of the army. Would allow me to field a wider army range of High Elves as well as utilize my favorite models from both elf armies.