Avalorn/Chrace/Cothique Themed armies

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
DiscoKing

Avalorn/Chrace/Cothique Themed armies

#1 Post by DiscoKing »

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of making a wooded themed army scheme, that could comprise of Greens & Brown's, flowers/logs & foliage...
So it could be Avalorn, Chrace or Cothique looking.

I was hoping for some links or pictures to some armies that have this kind if theme already?

Also, what do you guys think of Orion being used as unit filler?
namely for White Lions
This is my signature.
This is my [url=https://twitter.com/#!/DiscoQing]Twitter[/url].
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

Re: Avalorn/Chrace/Cothique Themed armies

#2 Post by Domine Nox »

I think he'd be an awesome unit filler, just need to tweak him ever so slightly to match up a bit more. Or you could even paint him as a statue of Kurnous, or as a Ghost of Kurnous. Lots and lots of options.

My army is Avelorn, there are some (admittedly not high quality) pictures in the thread linked to my sig. I need to put up some better pics and take pics of some more of the stuff I've painted. There is another really good Avelorn army on this site, perhaps two. It was searching for Avelorn stuff that I originally found this forum.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
solith

#3 Post by solith »

Exactly what Domine Nox said, right down to the link in my sig. (Although my army isn't that strongly themed compared to others)

This log is definitely worth checking out also.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44644]My painting log[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=51340]My battle reports[/url]
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#4 Post by Domine Nox »

That is in fact the thread that brought me here!
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
siovim

#5 Post by siovim »

If you want woods and flowers, i would be catious to include the seafaring cothiquans and their hills and underground houses. The cothiquans are known for being the greatest seafarers and adventures, honed by sailing through the monster-infested seas north of Ulthuan, around the Blighted Isles.

Doing a Chracian and Cothiquan themed army, where my Chracians (Spearmen, Archers, Reaver Knights, Swordmasters, Shadow Warriors, White Lions, Sisters of Avelorn and Griffon/Eagle riding nobles) will be painted grenn and my Cothiquan (Seaguards, Silver Helms, Dragon Princes, Phoenix Guards, Tiranoc Chariots and Dragon riding nobles) with assortment of fitting characters, each from their own country. Some units aren't mentioned, but those are units which i will not buy for a long time, and i will have to find a way include them in my army fluff :)

A bit outside the point, but i feel inspired to tell you guys the background story for my army, so please bear over with me.

Vorgil Lionfax, Noble of Charce and Protector of the Lion Banner, had rallied the countryside, forming hardy regiments of spear and bow from the hunters living nearby his hall. A call for aid had come from Cothique, and he would not be the last to answear. Also answearing to his call where nearby troupes of Swordmasters, setting aside their quests from Hoeth, to repel the enemy from our shores. Reaver Knights and Forest Rangers (Shadow Warriors), guarding the roads and paths of Chrace, answeared, scouting ahead and defeated any obstacle, that could slow down Vorgil's advance. His cousin Varanir and his mage counceller, Yvres, had joined as well, bringing many hardy warriors. Varanir was riding his trusted friend and ally, the griffon Cyrion. The army advanced remarkably fast, and shadows had been seen moving amongst the threes, avoiding the most skilled hunters. Rumours about beeing under the protection of the Glade Watchers (Sisters of Avelorn) were made manifest, when a Manticore was found slain on their track, the only wounds were the two arrows piercing it's eyes. With his own bodyguard, the best warriors of Chrace, leading the advance, Vorgil had good hopes, that the battles would soon cease.

Many raiding fleets had managed to land on the shores on Cothique, defying it's mighty fleet and the monster lukring beneath the waves. Aranthir Firerunner, Guardian of the Gates of Elisia and Captain of the Proud Lances (Dragon Princes), best and mightiest of northern Ulthuan's knights, had been leading the defence on behalf of his Prince, Stormmage Ruveril. Along the beaches of Cothique many marauder bands of man, ork and druchii had been intercepted by the Proud Lances and the Silver Helms of Cothique, but more where coming, and the cavalry had been forced to retreat, to find safer places to guard their horses at night. The battles had though bought valuable time for the inhabitants of the shoreline, allowing them to retreat to entrenched holdfasts and walled cities. The only ones that refused to move, where the Guardians of Manthlann (Phoenix Guard). Devoted to the God of the Seas, they refused to back away, keeping their shrines free of taint and corruption. They where surely the gods favorites, as where other elves would have died, the Guardians fought on as if they had suffered nothing but a scratch, the wound renitting itself in the span of seconds. A Tiranoci merchant in Elisia had been building chariots of the hardy threes of the north, and though sceptical at first, Aranthir now fully realised their potential at breaking enemy formations along the beaches. Even though their ships where outnumbered, the sailors of Cothique would not let the enemy freely raid their shores. The Seaguards of Cothique attacked and destroyed ships many thime their size and number, firing accurate bolts and arrows at the enemy, before finishing of the enemy either by bloody meleé or forceful ramming. Many a raider band had also found their demise in their sleep, where silent ships and hoofclothed horses sneak in on their camps, unleashing devastating attacks and butchering any, who had been foolish enough to challenge the might of the Asur.
Ruveril got daily reports of the situation, and though the situation wasn't good, he had good hopes. The arrival of the Chracians would surely turn the battles into their favor, and repel every raider from his shores. Maybe they could be persuaded to join a campaign of recapture afterwards? Ruveril had longed for many years to see his heritage in the lands of the Old World, the lands now called Couronne, and his friend, the wyrm Ruergl, was getting restless.

In short, the militia and the traveling companies come from Chrace, while the cavalry and the seaguards come from Cothique. Hope this wasn't completely non-sesne, and might inspire some imagination :)