Anointed of Kurnos conversion help needed

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Kaladriel

Anointed of Kurnos conversion help needed

#1 Post by Kaladriel »

Im beginning to make a Chrace themed army due to my love for the white lions and after looking at the special rules of the Anointed of Asuryan I would really love to have one as my general, however i want to keep it themed to my army of Chrace. I have seen someone use the title Anointed of Kurnos as a themed title in an army list and i really liked the idea, but im stuck on how to create a converted version to make him look more Chracian and White Lion themed. So far all i have is the idea of equipping him with maybe the axe from the prince on dragon and then a shield from the noble/prince kit because im kitting him out with the Orge Blade and Enchanted Shield, but apart from that im clueless, can anyone possibly give me some sort of starting points on where i could possibly start ?

Thanks in advance for your time to look at this.
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

Re: Anointed of Kurnos conversion help needed

#2 Post by Domine Nox »

Well you'd definitely want him to have a pelt too. I think there are bits in either the White Lion box or Chariot box that would allow you to create a nice unique Chrace character. Could always browse eBay and online stores for bits. I would avoid the anointed model all together though and fashion something on your own.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
Kaladriel

#3 Post by Kaladriel »

Yeah I think the actual model would be difficult to convert, I do like like the shoulder pads from the chariot set and there is a pelt type cape from the noble/prince sprue.
Dartanelo

#4 Post by Dartanelo »

It's a cool idea
maybe take a look at Orion, King in the Woods a wood elf lord that is their take on an avatar of kuronos for inspiration
solith

#5 Post by solith »

As a simple suggestion you could start with the torso + head from the White Lions champion and the legs from a Phoenix Guard or Swordmaster. Give the axe a longer handle so it can pass as a halberd and add any accessories you want.

I think that would be different enough from a standard White Lion to work.

Also show us pictures when you're done! :D
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44644]My painting log[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=51340]My battle reports[/url]
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#6 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Antlers would be a big plus, there's a few models with antlers so it shouldn't be to hard to get some.
Adding a War Lion's tail would also be a good idea, as would a couple of shoulder pads, whether the natural ones from the chariot or the armoured ones from the White Lions. Then there's also the White Lions banner top of the big lion's head, that would be cool to add either to the top of his cloak or to a shoulder, or even on top of his helm (if he has one).
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
Kaladriel

#7 Post by Kaladriel »

solith wrote:
Also show us pictures when you're done! :D
I will be sure to upload one as soon as I've finished making him! :D

Thanks so much for the advice it's been a real help! I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!
Kaladriel

#8 Post by Kaladriel »

Whilst waiting for some bits to arrive I decided to also make my own converted loremaster of Chrace. The bits arrived today and hopefully I will have at least my loremaster created by random bits finished