Army of Nagarythe Idea, Acceptable?

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
GMALERON

Army of Nagarythe Idea, Acceptable?

#1 Post by GMALERON »

Hello everyone. I am currently rebuilding my Navy Themed High Elf army when an idea occured to me. You see eventually I want to field at least x2 armies for both 40k and Fantasy to mix things up and add some variety into my lists. For 40k I have settled on IG and Tau and for Fantasy I have settled on High Elves and also Wood Elves. Both Elven armies are the only ones I have played with in this edition of Fantasy, High Elves because I love their fluff and how their army looks and performs, while the skirmishing unique fighting style of the Wood Elves appeals to me as well as well as the underdog mentality.

-To represent my "Alith Anar" or "Shadow Lord" I will be running the infamous Wood Elf Highborn that can shoot 5 times and ignore armor saves thanks to a magical bow and arrows, feel this is very fitting for him and adds some needed punch to my list.

-Easy conversion for my "Spellweaver", just a generic High Elf Mage with maybe some Shadow Warrior influence (helm for example)

-Now this is IMO the coolest conversion and the one that may be the hardest for other opponents to accept. Since the Mountain Rangers of Ulthuan are known to hold a number of magical and dangerous creatures I plan on using a High Elf Lord mounted on one of the 40k Space Wolf Thunderwolf Cavalry models for my Treeman Ancient and standard Treemen. If you have read the book "Shadow King" Alith Anar developed a special kinship with the wolves that dwelled within it so I feel that it fits the theme, and second adds a cool and unique model to my army. Idea is to utilize the new Loremaster arm holding the magical sphere or even just the upper Torso and mount it on a mounted Elfs legs. This is to represent the ability to use "Tree Singing" and "Strangle Root" attacks.

-My plan is to create an army themed after the northern lands of Nagarythe by utilizing High Elf Models while running them with Wood Elf rules to better fit the playstyle and fluff of how Shadow Warriors fight. Also this idea is so I can save some money in the long run and not have to fork up alot of cash to purchase a second entire Warhammer army. The following is what I am planning in regards to rules and models:

-A combo kit bash of Glade Guard and High Elf models to build my Glade Guard or aka "shadow warriors". The idea is basically Glade Guard upper bodies with the cloaks and hoods while the torso is a High Elf chainmail/armored one, still deciding which legs would be best for the conversion.

-Another conversion that may draw flak but if it works will fit the theme of my army very well. To represent my "Dryads" I will be using the LOTR miniture range "Fell Wargs" from the new hobbit game as they can fit on the base of a Dryad pretty well, also fits with the theme of wolves in my army and will look pretty cool.

-Ellyrian Reavers as Glade Riders, love the look of the Ellyrian models and they would fit well as outriders for my Nagarythe themed list.

-For my Eternal Guard I have a few ideas but to be honest if those models ever come out in plastic or finecast I will just run them as they are.

-For my Wardancers I have a few ideas but for now this is the one I am leaning towards. Using the new Shadow Warrior kit and giving them two swords each to represent the wardancer weapons.

-Again in regards to my theme, using the Space Wolf Fenrisian Wolves and running them as Treekin. A cool and good sized conversion as they fit on the bases very well, also by tossing in some rocks to give them added hight to anyone that wants to complain.

-Waywatchers will be the Shadow Warriors from the new box set usin the Sister of Averlorn arms to make them look unique. Best part is I was already thinking of this conversion to use for my actual Sisters of Averlorn for my High Elf Navy Army.

Other then that things are pretty basic in regards to models but overall I am really liking the idea of this army. I am posting primarily to see what you guys think of my ideas for my conversions as well as any other comments, tips or ideas pertaining to it. Thanks again for reading guys and for your replies! :mrgreen:
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

Re: Army of Nagarythe Idea, Acceptable?

#2 Post by Ferny »

Sounds very cool. I've seen a lot of 'counts as' models on here - Curu's dragons for eagles and pheonix, Ptolemy's Slanesh list, cold one cavalry for HE...check with your group/tourney, but if such big changes are permitted then I don't see why these wouldn't be. Sounds like a cool idea.
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

Re: Army of Nagarythe Idea, Acceptable?

#3 Post by Ferny »

Just randomly found this thread on a google search - have you made any progress on this? Would love to see pictures :)
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support