8th ed. Magic Item Guide

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Magic Item Guide - Updated with common items

#31 Post by Prince of Spires »

I agree with cptcosmic that the lance + gw discussion should take place elsewhere. I split the topic and moved all posts relevant to the discussion to the rules forum: Lance and GW discussion

People can continue this discussion there.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
John Rainbow

#32 Post by John Rainbow »

This post has (finally) been updated to include the new High Elf magic items. Comments and additions, critiques, etc welcomed as always.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: 8th ed. Magic Item Guide

#33 Post by Prince of Spires »

Thanks for the writeup.

I agree with your analysis of the different items. 2 comments

- regarding shadow armour: there are different opinion on whether the 5+ armour it offers can be combined with light armour/ heavy armour or not. If it can't be then it's not that great, since you will never get a good armour save on him. If it can be combined then it has some merit since it makes it relatively easy to get a 2+ save for a character on foot.

- Cloak of beards: for what it does it is a great item and priced competatively. Fear for 10 points is a decent deal. The only problem is that fear doesn't do much. With reroll everywhere, fear tests don't achieve much, and protecting a ld 9 -10 character from fear/terror is a waste of points in almost all cases. So, I can never find the points for it.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
DwarfDave

#34 Post by DwarfDave »

John Rainbow wrote:This post has (finally) been updated to include the new High Elf magic items. Comments and additions, critiques, etc welcomed as always.
Thank you for updating this guide, it is very helpful.
John Rainbow

Re: 8th ed. Magic Item Guide

#35 Post by John Rainbow »

Thank you for the input. Rod, I've updated the initial post to include your comments in the guide.