having a game

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Botjer

having a game

#1 Post by Botjer »

Check out my latest battle, yeah my army is far from done, working on it!
https://kampgruppe-engel.blogspot.com/2 ... f-aos.html
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: having a game

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

That was a pretty epic battle. As you say, I thought that you were done after the first couple of turns. You were being picked apart by the elves. But somehow you managed to pull your army together and rally around the big boss. He helped stabilize while I felt the Elven line was too spread out to deal a finishing blow. And with the arrival of the trolls you then managed to push back and do to the elves what they did to your army in the first few turns, pick apart individual elements. Great battle.

And lovely army and battlefield as well. What do you use as battle mat?

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Botjer

#3 Post by Botjer »

Well actually i was the elf player :P I shamelessly promote my friends blog.

Well, I felt I got very much ahead after killing his spider riders and thought that rushing in my cav and eagles might balance things out... well no... should have kept them back so that they could have joined the melee with everyone else :P

It was a fun battle.

As always the most important part of the hobby is who you play with :P
Botjer

#4 Post by Botjer »

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#5 Post by Prince of Spires »

Botjer wrote:Well actually i was the elf player :P I shamelessly promote my friends blog.
lol. Fair enough :) Nothing wrong with that of course. I always enjoy a good battle report.
Botjer wrote:As always the most important part of the hobby is who you play with
I definitely agree with this. It's a game and you're supposed to have a good time doing it. Some of my most memorable games are games I lost (sometimes quite badly). But they were great because of a great opponent.

Thanks for the link to the mats. They look pretty epic. I'm definitely adding them to my wish list ;)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Botjer

#6 Post by Botjer »

Also, I don't take much images because my cellphone is fd up.