New Swordmasters in AoS?

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
TyrrenAzureblade

New Swordmasters in AoS?

#1 Post by TyrrenAzureblade »

So I just watched the trailer for the Teclis Broken Realms lore, and near the end of the trailer there was this section of the army illustration that caught my eye. I doubt anybody else's curiosity was piqued as much as mine, but here it is anyway.

I wasn't thrilled about AoS when it premiered, the Lumineth Realm Lords have slowly grown on me, but not enough to buy in, and I'm dying to get more info on The Old World so I can lead my square based rank 'n' flank army of Ulthuan across the fields of battle, but if my favorite unit of all time manages to make an appearance in AoS, I might have to change my tune and start collecting the Lumineth. It seems there's a Swordmaster-esque model in the Direchasm starter box with the title of Bladelord on its Warscroll, so that may be evidence of a new unit type being revealed soon?

I'm gonna chop off those dumb banners attached to their backs though...
Azaam

Re: New Swordmasters in AoS?

#2 Post by Azaam »

That makes sense actually. They've shown us all the recognizable units of the picture so far except for these ones.
I'm wondering what type of helmet is that tho ... Because we've seen that they can go pretty cr...eative with that :)

There's a Warhammer preview later today and it looks like they'll be showing some new Lumineth stuff ? We'll see :)
Painter, maker, caster
My painting blog
Aerendar Valandil

#3 Post by Aerendar Valandil »

There is a SM-like figure in de Direchasm set.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

TyrrenAzureblade wrote:I'm gonna chop off those dumb banners attached to their backs though...
There was a time when it seemed like every character GW released had one of these.
TyrrenAzureblade

#5 Post by TyrrenAzureblade »

Yeah, if these aren't a new Swordmaster-like unit, I don't know what is. I'm guessing they're going to be called Bladelords, which suits me fine. Really dislike those round sections on the hilts of the swords, but nothing a little modding can't fix. I guess I'll have to see the actual models before I absolutely make up my mind on those banners, but I'm leaning towards removing them.

(Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXm4YrsFLtg)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#6 Post by Prince of Spires »

These look like they might actually be some nice models. Which is always welcome. They give off a bit a chinese / asian vibe with those banners and stuff.

I do have to say that I'm not a fan of all the extra stuff they added on their backs and helmets. It looks a bit silly and over the top. But who knows, maybe clearer photo's will make the models look better (it is a possibility...).
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Giladis
The Merlord

#7 Post by Giladis »

Also no way those would fit on a 20mm base :(
wamphyri101

#8 Post by wamphyri101 »

New mages, cav, bolt thrower and swordmasters coming with the fox spirit with a box.
Twitter: @chumphammer
Old WFB coming to give AoS a real try for a while.