Giladis goes to the Uprising

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Giladis
The Merlord

Giladis goes to the Uprising

#1 Post by Giladis »

It has already become customary for me to take the HE when I attend this event so after some thinking and not being able to take HE to TEC due to logistical reasons I am eager to defend the honour of the White Queen in Novi Sad.

The inspiration for the list I will be testing and playing at the event goes to @Henrypmiller and the force he took to TEC this past weekend. Cheers!
Commander, Battle Standard Bearer [ Great Weapon, Light Armour, Master of Canreig Tower,Essence of Mithril, Flaming Standard. 440
Mage, Dragon, Army General, Order of the Fiery Heart, Paired Weapons, Wizard Master, Binding Scroll, Essence of a Free Mind(pyromancy and alchemy) Hero's Heart. 1115
10 Citizen Archers, Musician. 190
30 Citizen Spears, full command, Rending Banner. 510
25 Citizen Spears, full command, War Banner of Ryma 430
Giant Eagle. 100
5 Knights of Ryma. 340
24 Lion Guard, full command, Navigator's Banner. 743
Sea Guard Reaper 185
Sea Guard Reaper 185
Sky Sloop 260
Total: [4498pts]

So here is what I will be putting to the field.

Mage - General, Wizard Master, Paired Weapons, Order of the Fiery Heart, Dragon, Amethyst Crystal, Essence of the Free Mind, Hero's Heart@ 1135 pts

Commander - Battle Standard Bearer, Great Weapon, Master of Canreig Tower, Essence of Mithril, Dragon Staff @ 435 pts

10 Citizen Archers - Musician @ 190 pts
10 Citizen Archers - Musician @ 190 pts
24 Citizen Spears - Full Command, Flaming Banner @ 398 pts

24 Sword Masters - Full Command, Banner of Becalming @ 726 pts
Reaver Chariot @ 115 pts
Reaver Chariot @ 115 pts
Giant Eagle @ 100 pts
Giant Eagle @ 100 pts

Sky Sloop @ 260 pts
Sky Sloop @ 260 pts

Total: 4498
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Giladis goes to the Uprising

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

A mage on dragon. Nice. I'm curious to see how he performs, given the fact that mages and combat are often not a great combination, as are dragons and playing it safe. But I think he will work well with all the chariots and sloops in the list. It should hit hard on the charge, and with the spears and swordmasters it will even have a nice followup I think.

It might suffer against an army that can take out the chariots at range or has big enough units to not care about the initial impact of the army.
Giladis wrote:24 Citizen Spears - Full Command, Flaming Banner @ 398 pts
Isn't the flaming banner One of a kind?

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Giladis
The Merlord

#3 Post by Giladis »

Banner is 0-3.

The mage is a combat beast. 3A S5 Ap3 and the Dragon gets +2 Attacks and +1 Advance and +2 March if a single spell goes off from the mage until the beginning of the next magic phase. In addition since he can choose between Alchemy (#1 choice) and Pyromancy more likely than not the same spell will also make the Dragon's target Flammable while the model has Flaming Attacks to begin with. So I am looking at almost certain 7A S6 Ap3 that re-roll to wound with prospect of 1+ save and 4/5 regen and healing via BSB.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

Giladis wrote:So I am looking at almost certain 7A S6 Ap3 that re-roll to wound with prospect of 1+ save and 4/5 regen and healing via BSB.
Nice :D I like!
I that case I would say, definitely bring the big lizard. As said, I think the biggest danger for this army is getting bogged down in combat for a couple of turns. And if your army somehow happens to get split up and dealt with a unit at a time. But if you can get the charge and get a couple of units in at once then you should pack a great punch. Flying helps a lot here as well I think. Let us know how the list behaves once you get a couple of games played.
Giladis wrote:Banner is 0-3.
Ah, I missed that. Thanks for clarifying.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Giladis
The Merlord

#5 Post by Giladis »

Big lizard is thankfully not available to Wizards because that would be just too much.

I sure will try and keep people up to date and revive my old painting blog.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#6 Post by SpellArcher »

Giladis wrote:revive my old painting blog.
This would be great to see.