1st T9A List

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Miasma

1st T9A List

#1 Post by Miasma »

Greetings all,

Have set up an Introduction/ PLog thread in the relevant section of the forum so feel free to check out this very small force as I attempt to get it off the ground! Ok so onto the list, the below is made with the models that my Missus currently has available to her, as a result of this anything marked (#) thus
is what we would be looking at purchasing to add to the force

4500 Pts - Highborn Elves Roster

Total Roster Cost: 3421

Prince - 840 pts
Great Weapon, Lucky Shield, Divine Icon
Dragon

Queen's Companion - 340 pts
Battle Standard Bearer, Great Bow of Elu, Crown of Scorn

22 Citizen Archers - 466 pts
Musician, Standard Bearer, Icon of the Relentless Company

5 Elein Reavers -190 pts
Bow

5 Elein Reavers -190 pts
Bow

5 Highborn Lancers - 290 pts
Musician, Champion

29 Sword Masters - 865 pts
Full Command, Rending Banner

(#)Sky Sloop with Sea Repeater - 240 pts

(#)Fire Phoenix - 380 pts

(#) 14 Queen's Guard - 432 pts
Musician, Standard Bearer

I would much prefer the army to have Either Flame Wardens or Lion Guard to back up the Dragonlord but having to make do with the Swordmasters at the moment
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: 1st T9A List

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

It looks like a fun enough list.

I'm not sure how effective the sky sloops are. I don't see them in too many lists. And mine always fail to perform. But that's probably because all shooting elements in my army are trained by a blind guy without arms who can't speak or something like that. They are very good at not hitting stuff. So that could be just my luck.

Some thoughts if you would want to optimise the army:

- Bows on the elein reavers. They are generally not really worth it (even though they are cheap). In my experience, the reavers will be moving a lot and shooting very little. And as disposable redirectors their main purpose is to die. So keeping them cheaper is better.
- Standard bearer + magic banner on the archers: I would leave these out. This unit will mainly be shooting, so it shouldn't need this banner. Though I accept that late game it could help reaching objectives (if you use them).
- Lancers: ideally you would want these bigger. I realise model constraints etc. But 5 tend to die fast to a lot of things. And a bigger unit will let you support the dragon better.
- Rending banner on the SM: I would personally give them something else unless you know there will be only very heavily armoured units on the table. I would either give them no magical banner, the Icon of the Relentless Company or the gleaming icon. Alternatively, the Aether Icon is also a good option to give you some extra magic defence, which the list is currently lacking.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Miasma

Re: 1st T9A List

#3 Post by Miasma »

Prince of Spires wrote:It looks like a fun enough list.

I'm not sure how effective the sky sloops are. I don't see them in too many lists. And mine always fail to perform. But that's probably because all shooting elements in my army are trained by a blind guy without arms who can't speak or something like that. They are very good at not hitting stuff. So that could be just my luck.
We had a long chat about the Sloops vs Reaper, essentially she wants very minimal static elements to the force. That and I think that with the impact hits they can also perform against chaff units as well as look to support the Dragon with combi charges as well as providing a ranged threat.
Prince of Spires wrote:Some thoughts if you would want to optimise the army:

- Bows on the elein reavers. They are generally not really worth it (even though they are cheap). In my experience, the reavers will be moving a lot and shooting very little. And as disposable redirectors their main purpose is to die. So keeping them cheaper is better.
- Standard bearer + magic banner on the archers: I would leave these out. This unit will mainly be shooting, so it shouldn't need this banner. Though I accept that late game it could help reaching objectives (if you use them).
- Lancers: ideally you would want these bigger. I realise model constraints etc. But 5 tend to die fast to a lot of things. And a bigger unit will let you support the dragon better.
- Rending banner on the SM: I would personally give them something else unless you know there will be only very heavily armoured units on the table. I would either give them no magical banner, the Icon of the Relentless Company or the gleaming icon. Alternatively, the Aether Icon is also a good option to give you some extra magic defence, which the list is currently lacking.

Rod
We have had a play with the units that are available in the HbE book and have amended the list to the below, as the first instance was focused more on my play style than hers :D

Prince - 840 pts
Great Weapon, Lucky Shield, Divine Icon
Dragon

Queen's Companion - 310 pts
Battle Standard Bearer, Great Bow of Elu

Queen's Companion - 250 pts
Longbow, Moonlight Arrows, Halberd, Crown of Scorn

24 Citizen Archers - 452 pts
Musician

5 Elein Reavers -180 pts

8 Highborn Lancers - 498 pts
Full Command, Banner of Speed

(#) Giant Eagle - 100 pts

(#) 6 Knights of Ryma - 494 pts
Champion, Standard, War Banner of Ryma

(#)Fire Phoenix - 380 pts

(#) 15 Queen's Guard - 515 pts
Musician, Standard Bearer, Aether Icon

She is much happier with this list as it has more variety of shooting and the two Cavalry units can assist the Dragonlord in combats, now I just need to figure out my SE Dragonlord list...