Still active?

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
20phoenix

Still active?

#1 Post by 20phoenix »

Played 8th for a bit but sold up and now decided to return to 9th age. This sub forum doesn't seem particularly active though? Many people here playing it?
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Still active?

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Hi 20phoenix

The short answer is no. The 9th Age forum is so big and so important that the vast majority of our members who play 9th Age decamped to it long ago and have not returned. I imagine you've noticed Loriel's threads though:

http://ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=70196

http://ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67635

One or two of the guys who post sometimes in the P&M forum also play 9th Age and I would imagine some guys who read us but don't post also play it. The problem is that posting here (whether gaming or painting) tends to revolve around what particular motivated members are up to and you often need two or three to get the ball rolling. We all have a kind of shared history with Warhammer as such (whichever edition) so can chip in and comment here and there. 9th Age requires a commitment to learn and keep up with rapidly changing developments to do so. It's a shame, it would be great to see more in this forum.
20phoenix

#3 Post by 20phoenix »

Hmm - maybe I'll blog my adventures (read failures). See if we can motivate a few people to chime in and tell me where I'm going wrong :)
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

As SA mentions, this is not the most active of subforums. However, I think we have enough members around (with either basic or advanced knowledge of 9th age) to give you a bunch of pointers and help you improve your game.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.