Clarification on the griffon.

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
DLW

Clarification on the griffon.

#1 Post by DLW »

Hey guys, quick question.

Why does the eagle grant the 6+ armor save but the Griffon doesnt?
Toledo Inquisition

Re: Clarification on the griffon.

#2 Post by Toledo Inquisition »

DLW wrote:Hey guys, quick question.

Why does the eagle grant the 6+ armor save but the Griffon doesnt?
Honestly, there are some rules people who have a different idea of "fair" than what others (like me) do. I could rant on it for a while, but I hear that 9th is more balanced than ever. I disagree to a point - but they are trying and it is still a great game. I just wish that they had some different input from other parties. I don't know this for a fact, but I get the impression there is some "Old Boys Network"ing going on.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Clarification on the griffon.

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

That's probably pretty much the reason. Someone considered it more fair or balanced to do it this way.

There is indeed a bit of an old boys network. A lot of the active community members of different forums have migrated to 9th. And A lot of them are the more well known names. You can see it in the way a lot of rules and balance choices have been made. Especially in the first version there was a lot of "I didn't like this in 8th so lets remove it" going on.

But, it's slowly evolving away from 8th ed. WH and finding its own place.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.