Help with tournament Highborn Elves

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
tarquimis

Help with tournament Highborn Elves

#1 Post by tarquimis »

Hi.
I will soon participate in a tournament at 2500 points with my high elves and I am preparing a list. I would like to give me your opinion and advice.

Thank you

Lord: 333pts
High Prince, royal Huntsman, lion chariot, daemon´s hunter helm, Ogre Sword, , Dusk Stone = 333

Heroes: 465pts
Commander, BsB, Royal Huntsman, heavy armour, Spear of the blazing Dawn, Hardened Shield, Talisman of Greater Shielding = 195

Mage, level 2, Dispel Scroll (

Mage, level 2, Tome arcane lore, charm of curse, obsidian pebble (fire)

Core: 625

35x Sea Guarda, full command, Banner of Courage = 455pts
5x Elein Reaver = 85
5x Elein Reaver = 85

Special: 451pts

29 Lion Guard, full command, Banner of becalming = 451

Rare: 625pts

Fire Phoenix = 160

10x Queen´s Guard, Musician, Standard Bearer, Gleaming Icon =175

3x Sea Guard Reaper, repeating Shots = 80*3=240
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

Re: Help with tournament Highborn Elves

#2 Post by Ferny »

If you're going for the stubborn lion horde it looks reasonable, although I'd be a little worried about the survivability of a foot combat BSB. I'd maybe swap the becalming banner onto sisters, and give lions flame. Reason being lions benefit from a combat banner, and you can bunker at least one mage with the archers to benefit from the banner.
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#3 Post by SpellArcher »

Ferny wrote:I'd be a little worried about the survivability of a foot combat BSB.
I agree. In S6 Lions you don't need the BSB to kill things so much, I'd go pure defence on him.

Shooting looks good, magic OK, which probably lets you get away with the lack of speed. I'd be tempted by a true Ward on the Prince because of mundane war machines etc.. I'm guessing the Phoenix will be kind of a disruptor to let your other stuff do it's job?
tarquimis

#4 Post by tarquimis »

Thanks for the feedback.

I commented, the sisters can not carry the Banner of becalming because points are passed, and I do the exact 625. That is why they take the lions.

The portal is true that does not have much survival .... I put Royal Huntsman because I think it is important to be stubborn. Now he has sv 2+ and sve 5+.
Equipment which is better?

The fire phoenix its function would try to use Flame Swoop in hordes or kill supports. Since I will face especially elves with your R3. But I am worried about their survival, not if will survive to the firing of the sylvan elves and high elf.

I thought of sacrificing fire phoenix and Queen´s Guard and put a High prince in frost phoenix full equip (S7...) . What do you think?
Furion

#5 Post by Furion »

You lose Multiple Wounds when you have Ogre Blade on your Lord. So take either a Soulrender, or a normal great weapon.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/followfurion][b]FollowFurion[/b] on youtube for in depth WFB tactics analysis (click!)[/url]
tarquimis

#6 Post by tarquimis »

Right I lose multiple wounds against Monstrous Cavalry, Monstrous Beasts, Ridden Monster and Monster but not lose if it compensates +1 change impact do 2 wounds to those few units.

What is your opinion?

Pd: I thought that another option would be:

High Prince, royal Huntsman, charriot lion, armor of Destiny, Dusk Stone, Fleshrender.

I have 4+ sve all the time, though I lose a point in combat armor.
Furion

#7 Post by Furion »

Multiple wounds against big, juicy targets is definately a perk. With infantry you dont have any problems even if you fight with a stick. Infantry heroes that are a threat is a void group. So the question is do you want to have a plus with MC, M & RM for free or lose this perk, be better of MI and pay 40 pts for that.

To me the answer is obvious.

Cheers
Furion
[url=http://www.youtube.com/followfurion][b]FollowFurion[/b] on youtube for in depth WFB tactics analysis (click!)[/url]