Warhammer Total War

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

Warhammer Total War

#1 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

Greetings,

I have just found it out on the relevant forum:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthre ... y-revealed

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
John Rainbow

Re: Warhammer Total War

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

Interesting. Thanks Swordmaster. I wonder which version of warhammer it will be? Classic (i.e. 8th ed), End Times or the new and rumored 'floaty warp spheres of doom that collide so we fight with only 6 armies and stuff' edition?
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#3 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

No problem, John! I believe it is a big question for everybody now. But if they follow the new world order it means they had to know about it long before they started making the new game.

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

Hard to say anything definitive I think. I would guess (depending on when the exact release is of course) that development started around the same time as for the End Times. So it's possible that they knew what would happen and started to incorporate that. Or, they decided to play it safe and go with "traditional" warhammer.

Perhaps our very own member HERO knows. After all, he already started this topic: Which armies should be in Total War: WHFB? september last year. And I do remember him mentioning he works in game development several times...

Perhaps we can draw something out of him.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
J4far

#5 Post by J4far »

On the Creative Assembly website there was a job post looking for someone to head a project, and required "extensive knowledge of Warhammer" to be an applicant. Conspiracy theory: HERO got the job!

Been looking forward to a Total War: Warhammer for a long time (think they have the best engine to do it right). Hope it doesn't take a decade of development!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#6 Post by Prince of Spires »

You should send him a PM and try to find out. Anything other then "no, but I would have loved to" means yes... ;)

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
HERO

#7 Post by HERO »

Haha, thanks guys, but I work for Blizzard 8)

As much as I would like to work on a TW: WHFB game, it's going to take quite a bit of convincing for me to uproot my family here in Cali.

Since you guys mentioned my topic from last year.. let's just say I've been brainstorming about this for a while now. A long.. long time :P
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=45884][img]http://i.imgur.com/EvidzNv.jpg[/img][/url]
[i]Click the banner to see my 8th Ed. High Elves Tactica![/i]
[url=http://lkhero.blogspot.com/][size=150]HERO's Gaming Blog[/size][/url]
Sahlor

#8 Post by Sahlor »

This discussions has been dormant for a few months, but I believe it is worth speculating about the future of the Asur in Total Warhammer (that is how we shouod call it :p ).
I think we can say now with certainty that the game will take place before the End Tikes, and let's pray we wilo never get there, with 5 starting factions, and 2 sequels planned at least. I think it is safe to say that Ulthuan will appear in the sequels, since this one will be centered mostly around the Old Wolrd, and the sequels are supposed to add to the map.
Firstly, I would like to hear suspicions about how they will be delivered to us. I believe they will not be added as DLC, they are too much odlf a selling point, but rather in the sequels, one of them will have 4 new races: High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and mayyyyybe Skaven Clan Pestilens, or some Chaos faction, I don't really know. But they should appear alongside the Druchii, that much makes sence. What do you guys think?
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#9 Post by Prince of Spires »

I think a trend is that the lines between DLC and a true sequel are becoming more and more blurry. Just consider a game like destiny, where expansions come available as DLC as well as via a separate cd. In fact, most of the recent games I own are actually downloaded (legally). In my opinion, the only difference between DLC and an expansion / sequel is the size of the thing, which is an arbitrary distinction (especially considering some of the downloadable patches can easily be 8-9 GB these days).

Having said that, elves are indeed a logical expansion. They can add pieces to the map, they have bases in the old world. They offer an easy campaign option/story line. They have a strong following (making it an easy sale). So, I wouldn't be surprised at all if elves are delivered as an expansion.

Another logical one is undead I think. For pretty much the same reasons. I would love to see skaven included somewhere. They bring something unique to WH and would have a lot of lovely and novel options.

Rod

Check out my plog

John Rainbow

#10 Post by John Rainbow »

Chaos Warriors are a pre-order bonus through steam it seems.
Sahlor

#11 Post by Sahlor »

Indeed, Chaos Warriors is Preorder bonus -_-
Demons of Chaos may be a separate faction, so it could be Dark Elves and Demons of Chaos, as the baddies, and Lizardmenand High Elves as goodues, but who knows.
Another thing I am wondering, how will they make High Elves fight in multiple ranks and let them always strike first? I guess just making tgem attack faster than most wirks for ASF, but the multiple rank system... It is impirtant in tabletop, since our boys and gals are so squishy and ecpensive. Also, it is very thematic. They could leave it out entirely, but I would be rather disappointed by that :/ How do you guys think they could implement this without bteaking the game? 3 ranks of WL lions fighting would look pretty silly indeed :p