Mordheim: Ulthuan setting

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Makiwara
Chronicler

Mordheim: Ulthuan setting

#1 Post by Makiwara »

Good evening Asur cousins.

I have an idea that has been bouncing around in my head for some time, especially when I read the fluff stories posted by fellow elven players here and on other elf forums. If this has been covered before I apologize in advance, with that being said;

Has anyone thought of doing a Mordheim setting in Nagarythe, contested among multiple different elven warbands?

I mean just off the top of my head I could see:

A mounted Ellyrian warband,
An Aesanar Shadow Warrior warband,
A Hoeth/Swordmaster warband,
A Lothern Seaguard or Corthique/Yvverse marines warband,
A Chrace woodsman warband,
An Averlorn warband,

And then for the Druchii you could employ:

A Cult of Khaine warband,
A Shade warband,
A Corsair warband,
An actual Druchii militia 'Agents of the WitchKing' warband,

You could then also have a 'Pleasure Cult' set of warbands:

The Cult of Pleasure/Slaanesh/Atharti,
An Undead Ereth Khial Cult
A Loec/wardancer/harlequiny themed Cult.
A Cult of Hekarti with multiple dark sorceresses,

That's just off the top of my head and it combines with all the potential hired swords, Dramatis Personae (Being a shameless fan of Headshot, I would just say *cough cough* Narrin'Tim *cough cough*), magical artifacts, etc that could be developed. I know that Druchii.net developed a balanced Druchii warband, so I don't see why, with involvement and time the members of Ulthuan.net couldn't do something along these lines.

I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of this. Do you think it can be done and if you are a fan of the Mordheim platform as I am, do you think a Nagarythe or Ulthuan setting would have legs to it?

I'm just voicing an idea and perhaps planting some seeds hopefully. Let me know what you think guys.
Only in the Dreaming Woods are Mortals truly free, t'was always thus and always thus will be.
Headshot wrote:
Makiwara wrote:Smiths in Nagarythe that can repair the holiest piece of armour worn by the Shadow Prince himself... 0 apparently.
Duct tape counts!!
John Rainbow

Re: Mordheim: Ulthuan setting

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

Sounds like a cool RP idea.
An Undead Ereth Khial Cult
Any more on this?
Tyrion Audec

Re: Mordheim: Ulthuan setting

#3 Post by Tyrion Audec »

First of all, please excuse my bad English. That´s not my native language.

I registered just to answer to this thread. Some time ago I made an ulthuani setting to use with Mordheim (plus some changes in the ruleset). It was set in the human district of Lothern, so the bands were not just elves (in fact, there was just one band made totally of this race). I regret it´s not written in English but in Spanish. The factions were:

A band of young elven nobles plus retainers looking for trouble, swashbuckler style, led by a veteran warrior and with access to good magic and equipment, but few in number (and also, the nobles can leave the band unexpectedly). There´s a William King book about Tyrion and Teclis that shows this kind of group, and there was also a similar band in Necromunda.

A band of western sailors and mercenaries (well eastern from Ulthuan´s point of view). The Old Worlders had access to gunpowder weapons, a norse berserker, etc.

A band of eastern inmigrants, think on Yakuza or Triads from Hong Kong movies.

A band of the Arabyan comunity, plus undead.

A band of mercenaries from the Southlands (zulu style) plus the weird albionese.

Your idea seems to fit well with Mordheim and coherent with main Warhammer fluff (well, until End of Times). Also, there´s elven warbands that can serve you as inspiration. Perhaps it´ll be fine, from fluff point of view, to have a justification aditional to war about what the band are searching (in Mordheim there will be witchstone, in Lustria Cities of Gold ancient treasures, etc).