So are they doing another edition of 40k?

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Rajmahal

So are they doing another edition of 40k?

#1 Post by Rajmahal »

So just saw the games workshop site has what looks like new 40K rules in advance order. Is this a new set of rules / edition or just an update on existing rules or something? I thought they released a new box set and edition of 40K last year, didn't they? Am I mistaken or was the previous edition really bad and needed a refresh urgently. Does anyone know if they'll be releasing a new boxed game as well?
John Rainbow

Re: So are they doing another edition of 40k?

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

There is indeed a new edition of 40k hitting stores sometime soon. According to all sources it appears to be more of an updated 6th edition rather than something completely new. I would check out some websites like Bell of Lost Souls, Faeit, etc that all have decent discussions and posts about what is actually new/changed in the edition to save repeating it all here.
Rajmahal

#3 Post by Rajmahal »

Sure ... no prob. Do you know if they're releasing a new box set? If so, I might try to grab the ones from the old set before they become more expensive.
Facade19

#4 Post by Facade19 »

New rulebook is coming out this Saturday. They plan on selling the same Dark Vengeance set with updated rules for a short while. Other than that it has been speculated that a new starter set will be eventually released that will include Blood Angels and Orks. While the changes may seem small, I feel like they do warrant to call this the 7th iteration of 40k. More emphasis on psychic phase and different mechanisms for summoning deamons is making this quite good.