Dwarf Fortress

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Nagashias

Dwarf Fortress

#1 Post by Nagashias »

Someone in here tried playing it? :D
Nicene

Re: Dwarf Fortress

#2 Post by Nicene »

It's a fantastic game but beyond my skill level, I'm afraid. If you want to play it, there are good YouTube tutorials available to get you started!

Or, if you're insane, you can try it blind :lol:
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=61399]my MSU army list/battle reports[/url]

[quote="Nyeave"]Omg it's a parrot chariot - a parriot... :D[/quote]
Nagashias

#3 Post by Nagashias »

I really love nerding it sometimes. The wonderful thing about it, is that you can pause every second, if you want to talk some instead. Rather than most games those days, where you have to play for 20-60 minutes straight without interruption.

I am still struggling with clothing industry, as well as military. Both seem quite hard to grasp :(.

Last time my military encountered goblins, my traps killed 15 or so of the goblins. The 3-4 who got through managed to butcher 10 or so of my dwarves, including my best military dwarf :(
RE.Lee

#4 Post by RE.Lee »

I played once, I think, but just didn't have the time to keep trying (it does seem like a difficult thing to master). My sister used to play it a lot - some great stories of dwarf strongholds going insane and butchering each other somewhere deep under the mountain...
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy