40k chaos cultist based army

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Shadow star

40k chaos cultist based army

#1 Post by Shadow star »

I have got the cultists from the Dark Vengance set for Necromunda and have been learning 40k recently but I want to know is it pausible to make a CSM army based around them. My idea is a swarm of cultists, though I know just cultists is certainly not a particuarly powerful one especially at high points. So which HQ/elites/other units would help support such an army?
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]
John Rainbow

Re: 40k chaos cultist based army

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

If you want to do it I would suggest Typhus and zombie cultists as they have a few advantages over the regular Joes. It really is going to depend on your meta and what you want to do. As you say, obviously stuff like TauDar will just laugh and shoot you off the board.

As for a list, I think Typhus is a must and if I was doing it I would go 'full Nurgle' and load up on other cool stuff that I like. Heldrakes would be a solid bet along with whatever else you feel compliments cultists i.e. something that can actually do damage. Maybe Oblits or something...
Shadow star

Re: 40k chaos cultist based army

#3 Post by Shadow star »

Thanks :) Been looking at the helldrake and drooling slightly so will probably get one when money allows.
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]